Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

God Hole posted:

a joke answer would be Looper with joseph gordon levitt and bruce willis. you're only seeing the current iteration of the loop however and it completely disobeys all its own rules
I see this around a lot. It's not true. Can you let me know what scene in the movie breaks its own internal logic? And to be clear, the internal logic of the movie is to resolve every instance of the grandfather paradox as if the universe throws its hands up in the air and says, "fine. gently caress it. Going forward from here this is the new normal."

Here are a few examples of this internal logic as shown to us by the movie:
Old looper climbing a fence during his escape and one of his fingers disappears cuz his young self had it severed at that moment.
Diner scene when young looper carves a message in to his arm and it appears on old looper's arm at the same.
...and, of course, the finale which I'll keep at least a little vague for the sake of this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU