Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

albedoa
May 3, 2004

My friends know that I love time loop movies. Timecrimes, Primer, and Triangle are the three I recommend to someone who hasn't seen those.

Palm Springs is a new addition to the must-sees. It is so smart and well done. You can tell that they anticipated the nerds. They knew that any inconsistencies or lingering questions about the loop rules would be a distraction to a certain ahem crowd, so they thoroughly answered everything upfront, like they didn't want to even hear it. I did not expect to enjoy an Andy Samberg romcom so much.

I agree that Coherence spiritually belongs in this genre. Another loose fit is Time Lapse (2014), which is about a machine that takes photos that show twenty-four hours into the future (so the story has to constantly reconcile the photo we saw from the day before).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

albedoa
May 3, 2004

I just noticed that the The Infinite Man (2014) hasn't been mentioned. It's good.

albedoa
May 3, 2004

There is a television adaptation of The Time Traveler's Wife that is in the works. The movie sucked because it stripped out all of the nuance. Hopefully the show is able to do it justice.