Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cosmik Slop posted:

I tried the white Monster because I heard it was the trashiest of the trashy-- it actually wasn't too bad. Fairly light and refreshing. (I used to drink the lo-carb blue Monsters many years ago when I was prone to weird, stupid choices).

i've tried several monsters and they were all nasty to me. i actually used to drink the regular monster every morning driving in to high school but one day i pulled in, took another swig and said out loud to nobody 'holy poo poo this is loving gross', dumped the rest of it out and never drank it again.

Cosmik Slop posted:

Don't think I've ever tried a Rockstar.

imo rockstar is the worst of the worst. i can force down any other energy drink no matter how gross it is, but rockstar straight-up gags me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

Shoulda tried Pokari Sweat.

Pocari Sweat just tastes like Lemon Gatorade.

Lipovitan D, however, is like a Red Bull but tastes waaaaay better and makes for the best loving Jager bombs on the planet:

Also Monster ultra white and ultra blue are the best.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

imo rockstar is the worst of the worst. i can force down any other energy drink no matter how gross it is, but rockstar straight-up gags me.

I mentioned this before but Rockstar is owned by notorious shock jock Michael Savage's son

It's a maga chud drink and company

quote:

Members of the LGBT community have supported a boycott because the company's founder and CEO is the son of controversial radio personality Michael Savage, and because its former CFO, Janet Weiner, is Savage's wife and also CFO of Savage Productions.[14][15] The boycott was motivated by allegations that Savage had made comments perceived to be homophobic, racist, and discriminatory.[16][17][18] In May 2009 San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsom returned a $25,000 donation which Rockstar had made to his 2010 re-election campaign.[15][19]

AHH F/UGH fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 28, 2021

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AHH F/UGH posted:

I mentioned this before but Rockstar is owned by notorious shock jock Michael Savage's son

It's a maga chud drink and company

glad to have another reason to never drink that poison

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

This bad boy tastes like cream soda and liquid smoke had a mean, scared baby. God help me i can't stop drinking them

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Bomrek posted:

This bad boy tastes like cream soda and liquid smoke had a mean, scared baby. God help me i can't stop drinking them

Energy water you say?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

They didn't have ultra feisty so went with the old standby: NOS

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

Armitag3 posted:

Energy water you say?
Have you ever had the cola flavored la croix? It's truly strange to drink unsweet coke.

That but it makes you go fast

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017

beggar posted:

Big decisions at the kroger today folks

grabbed a 4 pack of ultra fiesta

Those MONSTER: Rehab Peach Tea drinks are very nice. They don't make your teeth feel as though they're dissolving and are easy to drink very quickly. I don't drink energy drinks anymore but when I did these were my beverage of choice. The lemonade Rehab tastes like furniture polish though, they're yucky.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Archer666 posted:

Was this any good? I remember being a college kid in Europe without access to a credit card so I couldn't get it imported, but I was always morbidly curious how Steven Seagal juice tasted

I saw this at Walmart for like a buck each, and they loving sucked. The only reason to buy one was for the sheer ridiculousness of buying a loving Steven Seagal energy drink.

And I think the shops in my area have all the Pina Colada Bangs that one guy was having trouble finding. They've always got shitloads of 'em around me. My go-to flavor is the Mexican Cola, which somehow seems to taste like it's got cane sugar in it, even though it claims it doesn't have any sugar in it. Unfortunately, it's a little tougher for me to find. Maybe I'll give the Pina Colada a shot next time.

Man, I used to go way out of my way to pick up Jolts back in the day, but I don't think I've seen them around in years. Kinda :sad:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

AHH F/UGH posted:

Lipovitan D, however, is like a Red Bull but tastes waaaaay better and makes for the best loving Jager bombs on the planet:

This man lies. I specifically remember drinking this poo poo in Japan and it was really bad. It’s like they concentrated Red Bull by heating it on the stove.

Also, adding that 7-11 on to the list of places to go if I ever visit Thailand. Good looking out!

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

1redflag posted:

Also, it was depressing to learn that despite an abundance of 7-11’s across the nation, they don’t have Slurpees! Was really hoping they’d have a red bean or green tea slurped and was super disappointed.

There actually are Slurpee in some Japanese 7-11's.

They used to be somewhat more common but I think they're not very popular since nowadays they're kind of hard to find, I assume they're only sold at locations where people actually buy them since I think the ones near the US military bases have them.

Anyway those Japanese tonics always impress me by how big a range there are, most of them are a few dollars but some of them cost $20+ for a single drink. I did drink one which was like $5 and it definitely gave me a lot of energy so I assume if you buy the expensive ones you'll develop superpowers or something.

Original_Z fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 29, 2021

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

1redflag posted:

This man lies. I specifically remember drinking this poo poo in Japan and it was really bad. It’s like they concentrated Red Bull by heating it on the stove.

Also, adding that 7-11 on to the list of places to go if I ever visit Thailand. Good looking out!

I agree. That was the worst genki drink.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

1redflag posted:

kntfkr posted:

I agree. That was the worst genki drink.

:wrong: It's just Red Bull but sweet

Y'all must have had something else

Mix it with Jaegermeister bro, trust

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Loden Taylor posted:

you're going to die of heart attack while your urethra is getting shredded by kidney stones fyi

anyway, there's only one true energy drink

wake up, hit the gym, shower, go to the DFAC, slam down some omelets and 1-2 rip its, you're good to go for another beautiful day in Afghanistan

Rip it was and still is extremely my poo poo. The cpx or whatever flavor is great and when I get nostalgic about taking huge sandy caffeine shits I get the tiny orange ones and slam them rapid fire into my terrible maw.

Monster ultra white is good too.

I really need to just drink coffee instead though

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PathAsc posted:

Rip it was and still is extremely my poo poo. The cpx or whatever flavor is great and when I get nostalgic about taking huge sandy caffeine shits I get the tiny orange ones and slam them rapid fire into my terrible maw.

Is this you?

https://havokjournal.com/culture/military/case-study-ramadi-a-ranger-looks-back/

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, no, thank gently caress. Not that I was any smarter, but I at least was prepared for the horror I wrought.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
A modern day sword in the stone challenge would be a rockstar left in a car sitting in the sun for a few hours, cracking that bitch open and slamming it.

There's something about it that makes it extra vile when it's hot

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Archer666 posted:

Was this any good? I remember being a college kid in Europe without access to a credit card so I couldn't get it imported, but I was always morbidly curious how Steven Seagal juice tasted

I got the blue version (apparently it was "asian experience" flavored) at big lots once. I don't remember exactly what it tasted like cause it was like 10 years ago but I'm pretty sure i finished it so it couldn't have been too bad.
I also got this one at big lots:

I kept the can around for a while

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

This was the best one and they killed it because it was too good. Just an energy drink lemonade.

The new gold one is pineapple and heinous.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
they literally also have an energy drink lemonade product

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners

A Strange Aeon posted:

Someone mentioned Jolt which made me think of Surge! It's probably been a decade or two since I tasted one, but iirc, it was kind of Mountain Dewy. Not sure how it would compare to the modern energy drinks of today, though.

Burger King has Surge but it doesn't taste the same

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tato posted:

This was the best one and they killed it because it was too good. Just an energy drink lemonade.

gently caress yeah that was great

i like teh Gold bitcth!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Apparently you can get the Steven Seagal energy drink for the low low price of six thousand nine hundred dollars on ebay!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
had a nitro cold brew from starfucks this morning

pretty good! it allegedly has 285mg caffiene. :sludgepal:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Tato posted:

The best one was really early Relentless, I think it might have been one of the first 'flavoured' energy drinks? Maybe I'm making that up. But anyway, this one:

It was fuckin' awesome. Actually tasted like fruit juice. One day they changed the recipe though, and now it just tastes like metal, rust and chemical castration.

I used to drink one of them with a small bottle of rum before clubbing every Friday while I was at uni, no wonder my whole body is a write off.

/Edit: Oh poo poo, no, I take it back the best one was Red Bull, but from the post-mix tap at the bar. gently caress man, that poo poo was like liquid crack! Do you still get that anywhere? I only ever knew of one bar that had it on tap, and they eventually stopped having it. It's like regular Red Bull (obviously) only it doesn't have the 'piss' taste, and instead has more of a 'Slurm' thing going on where it just tastes of dopamine hits and addiction.

!Klams fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 29, 2021

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

:allears:

e:
lol

Armitag3 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 29, 2021

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I just tried this one

It was alright, kind of what you'd expect. I still like dark blue and white more.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
had a juice monster, the khaotic flavor. it was okay but probably the worst of the juice flavors

Revins fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 2, 2021

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I like the moscow mule monster but its so much sugar in one can I only ever tried one out of curiosity

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Loden Taylor posted:

wake up, hit the gym, shower, go to the DFAC, slam down some omelets and 1-2 rip its, you're good to go for another beautiful day in Afghanistan

Burn pits and RipIts should instantly qualify everyone for 20% service connected disability.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I had a monster orange sunrise

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I drank three 5 hour energy drinks in a 24 hour period and well the drive from Vegas to San Diego was no problem!

Also Red Bull for all it's faults is still my favorite

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

French Canadian posted:

I drank three 5 hour energy drinks in a 24 hour period and well the drive from Vegas to San Diego was no problem!

Also Red Bull for all it's faults is still my favorite

I love the drive on the 15 through the desert to CA. hope u got some BEEF jerky too

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

This stuff turns on a deep reptilian part of your brain through a bespoke blend of botanicals, caffeine, and alcohol

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 2, 2021

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This thread blows my mind. I've been working from home drinking decaf tea for a year. Went into the office last Thursday and had a few cups of caffeinated tea in the afternoon without thinking, slept for maybe 2 hours that night. Totally lost my tolerance to caffeine

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Anyone else remember Sparks? 24oz cans of what I'm 99% sure was Steel Reserve with crushed up caffeine pills and a bit of cherry flavoring.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

I just found this

https://www.bostonamerica.com/product/sonic-the-hedgehog-speed-energy-drink/

Someone please buy and report.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Monster ultra white is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Poohs Packin posted:

This stuff turns on a deep reptilian part of your brain through a bespoke blend of botanicals, caffeine, and alcohol

I need to get my hands on a bottle of this poo poo