Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Cripes this is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
This and Dynazenon have me on the edge of my seat every week (for completely different reasons)

But drat Anime's GOOD this season.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
how many episodes of this are we getting?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Omnicrom posted:

Today's theme is: inheritance! Extreme props to the show for how incredibly well they've been cashing out their plot tokens, having Elizabeth show up again along with Kakitani's granddaughter was genius. Doubly so because having them here connects with Vivy's big realization about the heart from the last episode that was essentially the concept of "legacy", that the dead are succeeded by the living and the past is immortalized by progress into the future. The "heart" endures beyond death because people pass it forward to their descendents. That last dialogue scene implies that the Archive completely misunderstood that message and mechanistically concluded that since humanity isn't better than they are the machines should just hurry up and wipe it out, because that's how you get the future right? Once the present is over the future just happens, so let's optimize that process via genocide. It's completely wrong and hosed up, but it's also hosed up in a grotesquely fascinating way that you could imagine intelligent machines with limited understanding of humanity would invent.

And that last sentence, of course, is sort of the running thesis of the show if you think about it. And I could be off on one or two the details, which makes me all the more excited for next week because that seems to be the episode where they're finally going to explain why the AI rebellion is happening, which has been the driving mystery of the show and tied into so many episodes and so many of the concepts it has introduced.

Also, in the episode where they bring back Elizabeth the threat is a falling satellite. That can't be an accident.

This show is really good and its cast is really good and its action is really good and its writing is really good and its direction is really good. It would have to flame out SPECTACULARLY at this point to not be my AotS, if not full on AotY.

:hmmyes:

I've got a couple anime watching friends I've yet to convince to watch this show, and i'm sure i just sound like a crazy person when I gush to them about it.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Wow.

If they don't manage to stick the landing after this, it will destroy me.

Next episode please.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I haven't been this excited for the last episode of a show in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Nothing super unexpected but that didn't stop the tears from flowing.

except maybe Navi you bitch, bringing out a Momoka hologram.

I also really liked the conversation between Vivy and Matsumoto about whether she'll be able to sing, capping it off with a finger snap signaling to us that she's basically gotten back to the point of confident Diva again.