Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

An elderly man was sitting alone on a dark path, right? He wasn't certain of which direction to go, and he'd forgotten both where he was traveling to and who he was. He'd sat down for a moment to rest his weary legs, and suddenly looked up to see an elderly woman before him. She grinned toothlessly and with a cackle, spoke: 'Now your third wish. What will it be?'

'Third wish?' The man was baffled. 'How can it be a third wish if I haven't had a first and second wish?'

'You've had two wishes already,' the hag said, 'but your second wish was for me to return everything to the way it was before you had made your first wish. That's why you remember nothing; because everything is the way it was before you made any wishes.' She cackled at the poor berk. 'So it is that you have one wish left.'

'All right,' said the man, 'I don't believe this, but there's no harm in wishing. I wish to remember Haze.'

'Funny,' said the old woman as she granted his wish and disappeared forever. 'That was your first wish.'

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

An elderly man was sitting alone on a dark path, right? He wasn't certain of which direction to go, and he'd forgotten both where he was traveling to and who he was. He'd sat down for a moment to rest his weary legs, and suddenly looked up to see an elderly woman before him. She grinned toothlessly and with a cackle, spoke: 'Now your third wish. What will it be?'

'Third wish?' The man was baffled. 'How can it be a third wish if I haven't had a first and second wish?'

'You've had two wishes already,' the hag said, 'but your second wish was for me to return everything to the way it was before you had made your first wish. That's why you remember nothing; because everything is the way it was before you made any wishes.' She cackled at the poor berk. 'So it is that you have one wish left.'

'All right,' said the man, 'I don't believe this, but there's no harm in wishing. I wish to remember Haze.'

'Funny,' said the old woman as she granted his wish and disappeared forever. 'That was your first wish.'

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I bought a Playstation 3. What do we play now?

I don't know.

Let's play.

We can't.

Why not?

We're waiting for Haze.

(despairingly). Ah!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Tato posted:

I bought a Playstation 3. What do we play now?

I don't know.

Let's play.

We can't.

Why not?

We're waiting for Haze.

(despairingly). Ah!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

for sale: Haze, never remembered

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
"I sold my memories of Haze to buy you a hair comb"

"But honey, I sold my hair to buy you a copy of Haze!"

"I don't know what that is."

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 17, 2021

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

"Buy honey, I sold my hair to buy you a copy of Haze!"

Goldmine

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Da boom na da mmmm haze is epic

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Haze... now that’s a game I’ve not heard in a long time...

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

This is it, Joel. Haze is going to be gone soon.

I know.

What do we do?

Enjoy the Nectar

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

My life fades. My vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land. Most of all, I remember the game we called Haze.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The greatest trick Haze ever pulled was convincing the world it didn’t exist.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I dont.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Remember haze...for it is the beginning of always.

-Dante Alighieri

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

all those...moments will be lost in time, like...Haze, in rain...

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to play Haze. To me playing Haze was better than being President of the United States. Even before I first wandered into the GameStop to preorder my PS3 I knew I wanted to be a part of greatness. It was there that I knew that I belonged. To me, it meant being somebody in the neighborhood that was full of nobodies. It wasn't like anything else. I mean, they did whatever they wanted. They took away rumble and replaced it with motion controls, and nobody complained. In the summer during E3 when everyone was excited for Xbox 360 and Wii, they said the console would cost 599 US Dollars and showed off a copy of a 20 year old racing game. Kaz Hirai. Kaz. Kaz ran the company in Japan.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to play Haze. To me playing Haze was better than being President of the United States. Even before I first wandered into the GameStop to preorder my PS3 I knew I wanted to be a part of greatness. It was there that I knew that I belonged. To me, it meant being somebody in the neighborhood that was full of nobodies. It wasn't like anything else. I mean, they did whatever they wanted. They took away rumble and replaced it with motion controls, and nobody complained. In the summer during E3 when everyone was excited for Xbox 360 and Wii, they said the console would cost 599 US Dollars and showed off a copy of a 20 year old racing game. Kaz Hirai. Kaz. Kaz ran the company in Japan.

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When me and the boys remember haze

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I met a gamer from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless PS3s
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered helmet lies, whose frown,
And yellowed eye, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its designer well those passions read
Which yet survive, textured on these lifeless things,
The Promise Hand that mocked them and the Nectar that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Haze, game of games:
Look on my works, ye Bungie, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

I met a gamer from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless PS3s
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered helmet lies, whose frown,
And yellowed eye, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its designer well those passions read
Which yet survive, textured on these lifeless things,
The Promise Hand that mocked them and the Nectar that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Haze, game of games:
Look on my works, ye Bungie, and despair!'