Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

So I bought a gaming chair from Amazon for $100 and I obviously regretted my decision and made a review about the poor quality of it. The rampant unpoliced review buying on Amazon aside, as you can see from the pic, they offered a possibility of a refund.

At this point, I have a decision to make. Obviously, I'm not changing it to 5 Stars and letting it stay. gently caress that. And one thing that was pointed out to me was that the cards might be from stolen credit cards so it'd be possible for them to retaliate by reporting the money on the account as stolen money and locking my account (and Amazon probably wouldn't give a poo poo).

So the questions are: What do I do with the Amazon Gift Card codes? and What are some ways to gently caress with them? Obviously I have some more pics of the current quality of the chair and it's not great which I'll probably add and same with the emails from the seller asking for money for me to change my review. But is there anything else I could do to possibly take advantage of the situation and gently caress with them or should I just cut my losses and leave it be? Obviously I could bring this up with Amazon customer support, but lmao at them doing anything, so I'm fishing here for ideas, suggestions and advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
stop being a dingus, report it to amazon, stop buying poo poo from amazon.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just leave the review up and go on with your life. Bequeath the chair to a second-rate nephew

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I don't think their name is Sophia.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nitr0 posted:

stop being a dingus, report it to amazon, stop buying poo poo from amazon.

Amazon makes it convoluted to actually report a third party seller as a buyer and I'd need to actually contact a live representative about it before they promptly throw the complaint into the pile of others and probably immediately forget about it.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Xelkelvos posted:

Amazon makes it convoluted to actually report a third party seller as a buyer and I'd need to actually contact a live representative about it before they promptly throw the complaint into the pile of others and probably immediately forget about it.

nobody care

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Suck it up and suffer through using a lovely chair as punishment for using Amazon in the first place.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Xelkelvos posted:

add amazon.com to your adblocker software. problem solved.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lmao loving bootlicker buying poo poo off Amazon like a loving tool of the military industrial complex

Oh yes Daddy Bezos I need this hundred dollar gaming chair so bad please take my money and use it to oppress the working class some more!!

loving pathetic dude.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ben shapino posted:

Lmao loving bootlicker buying poo poo off Amazon like a loving tool of the military industrial complex

Oh yes Daddy Bezos I need this hundred dollar gaming chair so bad please take my money and use it to oppress the working class some more!!

loving pathetic dude.

Some really nice post/redtext energy going here.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Sell it, who gives a gently caress about your amazon review, get that paper.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have yet to get one single thing from amazon that hasn’t been probed. One big snitch factory imo. :shrug:

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

Are you looking for an ethical suggestion, a practical suggestion, or a creative suggestion?

The ethical suggestions from my standpoint:
A. Jump through the hoops to actually attempt to reach a live representative. This is not likely to accomplish much, but it is you doing your due diligence.
B. Post the entire situation in your review: the poor quality of the chair, changing the review because you were given a refund, and the inability to report the 3rd party seller to Amazon due to the number of hoops you have to jump through. It will probably be ignored but anyone else naïve looking for reviews will be alerted to the situation and to the possibility that user reviews are unreliable.
C. Network to see if any journalists are interested in writing a story about this situation. It won't due a lot, but maybe it gives a journalist a little bit of cash.

The practical answer as others have pointed out is just to move on and not aggravate the situation any further. It's not really going to be worth your time.

A creative answer is to create a second Amazon account. If you decide to move forwards with changing your review, attack the review from this secondary account (and redeem the gift cards on this secondary). Retaliate with your first account. Counter-attack and generally argue with yourself. Then use a Twitter account to point to the argument. Blow it up as ridiculously as you can. Get others involved in a fruitless debate about the situation. If you can write in a creative way, this could explode in an amusing way and possibly shed light on the practices of third party sellers.

If it were me, I'd just move on but I'd also never buy a $100 gamer chair.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Can you resell the amazon gift cards on a other website? Let’s see how far you can take this imo

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I don't see the purpose in investing $100 in a chair you don't like and then investing even more time in having anything further to do with it

I am curious which chair though

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

op I've got a great brand new gamer chair I will sell you for 250 clams

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Stop being so stingy, OP!

Open that wallet up a tad a get yourself a premium heated gamer chair.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
"The chair was lovely so they bribed me to switch the review to five stars. lovely product. Sketchy company. Technical compliance.

*****"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Make a burner account, use the card on that.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Why would you take the giftcard in the first place when they offered to refund it to paypal?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
wait is buying stuff from amazon bad now, i literally shop with them every day. i have enough amazon boxes in my garage to make a breakdancing setup in every town in america.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
No, Amazon, like all gargantuan corporations, is good

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Are we sure the Ben shapino account isn't another Sleeveless rereg

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
what the hell is a gaming chair smdh

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
a desk chair with racing stripes?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
does it have fins?

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
strips of rgb leds that change color everytime you fart

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

other people posted:

a desk chair with racing stripes?

Almost right. They look like a race car seat.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I understand your predicament op, I went through a similar situation with a vr blowjob chair

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

STABASS posted:

I understand your predicament op, I went through a similar situation with a vr blowjob chair

Would you mind linking it so I know not to accidentally buy it? Thanks in advance.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is it one of those slick chairs that send a projectile directly at your rectum at hypersonic speeds the moment you rest your ginormous bulk

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mnoba posted:

wait is buying stuff from amazon bad now, i literally shop with them every day. i have enough amazon boxes in my garage to make a breakdancing setup in every town in america.

There's no ethical consumption under capitalism so do whatever you want.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i'm sorry that being a cheapskate and having bad taste in furniture has conspired to own you out of $100 op

WD40
Nov 25, 2005

Saalkin posted:

Almost right. They look like a race car seat.

its the only way a pro gamer can withstand the incredible g forces generated when gaming at the very highest level of skill. when you see a gamer chair you know you the owner is an apex predator of gaming so watch your mouth in their presence and show respect or expect to be pwned

WD40 fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 29, 2021

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
i overclocked my gaming chair

:horse:

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
op post pics of your lovely 100$ amazon.com gaming chair

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I bought a gaming chair only for the headrest, I kind of regret it. After the pandemic I will buy another type of chair, like an "executive" one, used, because a shitload of them are going to hit the used market.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Looking for a gay merchair with ample tailroom and a trident holder, won't pay more than 100

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Bleusilences posted:

I bought a gaming chair only for the headrest, I kind of regret it. After the pandemic I will buy another type of chair, like an "executive" one, used, because a shitload of them are going to hit the used market.

i don't want some used chair tthat is full of farts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Just buy a nice folding chair from Costco