Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose fault is it?
Smedly
Higby
Wrel
View Results

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Mercury_Storm posted:

Just tried this for a few hours, captured like 10 bases and got... 50 certs. With most weapons still costing 1000 certs to unlock seems like I would still have to make this game my life to unlock everything, even with a membership. That unlocks are still character specific and not account wide is extra baffling.

If you want to make a lot of certs in a very small amount of time, find a large fight and either revive downed allies as a medic or spray recon darts everywhere as an infil. Remember to shoot bad guys too. Between kills you'll rake in an tsunami of exp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

So, are the different guns more side-grades than anything?
I "upgraded" to the Ghost sniper rifle and it doesn't seem to be a huge boost, for the certs.

Usually. The ghost is for medium-range head-popping because it doesn't have scope-sway. If you want to be a bushwookiee get the XM98, V10, or the Parallax.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

RaptorChief posted:

This thread convinced me to redownload Planetside 2 for the first time in 6 years. I've got my Vanu character up BR 24, and have mostly finished upgrading my medic and engineer. I was TR before so I really don't know what cool things I should get next.

My big questions are:

What guns and attachments do you recommend for Heavy Assault and Light Assault?

What do you put certs into on the Magrider and what main gun/gunner gun combos do you recommend? (Not a huge fan of this thing with it not being able to independently rotate its main gun)

Vanu MAXes, how do they work? What guns are the anti-infantry guns?

Heavy Assault:

Orion for close quarters, 1x sight, and a foregrip.
NS-15 for headshots, 1x sight, foregrip, compensator, softpoint ammo.
Maw for everything else, 1x sight, foregrip, softpoint ammo.

Light Assault:

VX6-7/Serpent for close quarters, 1x sight, advanced laser sight, softpoint ammo.
Pulsar C for longer-ranged fighting, 1x/2x sight, adv foregrip, compensator

MAX:

Blueshifts for infantry, Comets for vehicles, Bursters for air.

Magrider sucks, invest in your Lightning/Harasser instead.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

NC usually has the highest overall pop these days, with TR and VS slightly behind. All 3 factions are filled to the brim with brainless zergling dipshits, but most of the racist ones play TR to nobody's surprise.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

I haven't played for a few years, were the TR always like a nazi faction? I just remember them as, like, the government or whatever. Either way I think I'll be playing NC in an attempt to avoid those kinds of people.

TR is the OORAH SEMPER FI WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT faction. It has a lot of appeal to military fanboys, teens who suck at Call of Duty, and bitter racist veterans. There are a small handful of decent well-adjusted people on TR who just want to use their hideously overpowered guns, but by and large they're outnumbered by the chud zerglings.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

Is the anti-Magrider sentiment a combination of not having the main gun on a turret combined with how high they ride? The few times I've pulled a Magrider I haven't been annoyed by anything other than the main gun, but even when I was playing NC or TR I rarely pulled a MBT, I'm a Lightning man.

The Magrider sucks in a field but is great for ambushing. Basically it can only compete with the other tanks on Hossin, Amerish, and southwest Indar, and even then only if you get the jump on them. Versus a Prowler/Vanguard head on it will lose every time. Its primary weapon has the shortest effective range due to being low-mounted and having significant projectile drop on the faction with the no bullet-drop gimmick. You absolutely have to flank with the Magrider to succeed.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

honda whisperer posted:

From here on if pop allows I'll lead NC and I mean full blown idgaf tanks 24/7 nc

Marry me

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

40 Proof Listerine posted:

The modules being something you need to physically install are a nice touch on an offense side because you can harass an enemy base by targeting the engineer building the base directly

What are good vehicle cert specs to chase? I'm in a good spot with infantry guns so shaking up my Lightning and Prowler game is the next step to breaking enemy armored columns

If you like shooting tanks with other tanks then reducing reload speed on your chosen gun is a great option. If you're in a Prowler unlocking the Vulcan with a dedicated gunner friend means you will win pretty much every 1v1 vehicle engagement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Is there something about TR that attracts really unsavory outfits? I don't know anything about the major outfits or even the minor ones other than a couple folks do the robosquad thing where they join a squad, send outfit invites to everyone, then leave the squad

You know how there are people who practically worship the military and have a raging hard-on for all things military/tactical/oorah space jarheads? Know how 99% of those people are chuds? TR is the "military" faction so it attracts chuds, klansmen, and every other stripe of racist like flypaper.