Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose fault is it?
Smedly
Higby
Wrel
View Results

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Arghy ops 2 hours from this post, come shoot some mans while we all get progressively drunker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I get 140-190ms from hawaii it's def playable.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I just realized there's that ASP system haha i was wondering how the hell people were equipping the thumper and their main.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

The key is certs though, even i'm still trying to farm certs for all the new weapons that's why i'm sticking to medic/engy. Medic with rez nades and that shield regen will print certs regardless of how good you are. Just remember to ask before investing certs because things like new weapons can be a huge cert sink for almost no return considering how good the default weapons are. Getting a solid spawn sundy setup is also really good because you can just park it in a good spot and regardless of how many people you're playing with just print certs like crazy.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Rexxed posted:

Some recent changes I didn't mention earlier are the Utility slot. It gets used for special items in the campaign, but there's also utility items you get from outfit Loyalty levels and spend your Merit on. There's tank traps (they called them Caltrops, the big X things you can drop outdoors), a deployable small umbrella shield that you can fire through from below (Hardlight Canopy), a one man flash you can just pop out anywhere and ride off on (Flash XS-1), the Ordnance Dampener which lowers explosive damage in an area, and the Cortium bomb, which is a really strong explosive that takes 20 seconds to go off but really wrecks stuff. The latter is a favorite of infiltrators for destroying player bases. It's difficult to defend against because you'll run up and try to defuse it and that's when the infiltrator shoots you.

They're unlocked in the drop-downs at the outfit merit vendor on sanctuary. There's also outfit decals for players and vehicles and cosmetic decals, armor, and vehicle accessories. It's a good idea to unlock the utility items first since they are the most useful and your outfit loyalty decays over time so if you rank up to loyalty 6 now and get everything through the cortium bomb you're set for everything except the cosmetics. The Coloussus tank also uses outfit merit to upgrade its utility, defense, logistics slot, as well as guns and attachments. After you buy everything you can with Merit there's an unlimited stock of hour long XP or nanite boosts so it's never useless. You get merit when you get loyalty for helping take or defend a base.

Codes for free stuff (I got these from https://levvvel.com/planetside-2-codes/):

There's some tips and tricks to learn for new players or even returning players. You can get really far down a rabbit hole on tips but here's a few quick ones. This isn't basic how to play stuff but things you figure out by doing or being told.
General:
To get to another continent quickly from Sanctuary or a different continent, open the map, drop down the top map name to World Map, select where you want to go on the left and hit Warp. No need to wait 10 seconds for a redeploy.

If you're hitting up an equipment terminal while reloading something slow (LMG, launcher, etc), switch to your pistol and then double tap the terminal so you won't get stuck in a reload animation after you get off the terminal.

You can use the equipment terminals (or a deployed sundy) to refresh your energy or shield and tool cooldowns, but not health. Engineers emergency repairing sunderers can use this to not have to wait for their tool to cool down or get more energy. In that situation you can also have a loadout with repair grenades and optionally the NS-66 Punisher SMG which has an underbarrel launcher that shoots repairing splashes.

After taking a elevator pad up or down you've got a couple of seconds of fall damage immunity. You can use this to hop off towers quickly or do whatever.

Infiltrator recon darts can be shot and destroyed. So can enemy engineer ammo packs (although you can reload from them so it's mostly just done by friendly engineers who want points). I think a lot of people don't know that.

One mine usually won't kill anyone (except TR mines but they're directional) so always use two if you want to get a kill from them. You can also set off other explosives with mines so you could drop a tank mine and regular mine together for the same effect in a couple of spots, but that's a lot of setup so it'd have to be for a base you're prepping expecting to be attacked and pretty situational.

Darklight flashlight is a little bit bugged right now so it has both a maximum range (expected) and a minimum range (not expected and probably broken but it has been for months). They're good to put on your pistol so you can check if you think there's an infiltrator around.

If an opponent drops an ANVIL so they can pull a vehicle you can shoot it before they use it and pick their vehicle, wasting their outfit's armory points. They don't have that much health.

ANVIL lets you put vehicles in weird spots like on top of trees on Hossin. You can camp a tree without even using a router if you drop a heavy anvil on it and spawn a sunderer. It's a little precarious but it seems to happen a lot.

Missions tips:
For all of the class specific missions, the main thing you need is to be that class when the action occurs. So if your mines go off from when you were an infiltrator earlier, but you're a heavy now, those count as heavy kills.

The AOE healing from the medic Triage passive ability works for their daily mission healing or shield points (you can sit in a vehicle and heal people around it).

If you're doing daily missions, enemy items count as "player kills" for most weapon eval missions and class missions. You can shoot enemy mines, sensors, beacons, etc.

If you get an NSX weapon eval for the Masamune launcher to kill five vehicles you can destroy base turrets since they count as vehicles. I have a lot of characters and if I get that one and the reward is A7 I'll sometimes just fly to an empty amp station or tech plant and hit the turrets with a vehicle damaging knife. Knife a turret 25 times or so, then shoot it with the launcher. If you play late it can be hard to find big fights and lots of vehicles.

NSX weapon eval for the Yumi is miserable because it's a bad gun, but it can be equipped with a grenade launcher if you really want to do it.

The Cortium Run, Surveying the land, or Message Courier missions are a fast way to get a little xp if you're busy and just logging in for a few minutes. I run through my alts every day and sometimes I've got time for some extra missions (usually I just stop for ones with A7 rewards).

Wtf i was wondering what the hell merit and loyalty was, it kept popping up.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Rexxed posted:

Yeah, they added a bunch of new currency for outfit stuff so it's confusing at first. But it's not too complicated since loyalty is just a number that ranks you up in the outfit, and merit is points you spend on the stuff from the merit vendor (or to outfit your colossus) that's your own stuff. Merit is also spent to reload the utility items but they're all 20 or less per item so it's pretty cheap. Base caps seem to give 50 to 150 depending on size of the base. Being the outfit in control of bases give the outfit the green, blue, and purple resources for the stuff in the outfit armory which is separate from merit or loyalty. The map shows what each base produces. If you're high on the scoreboard when you take a base you can earn your outfit the 5 green (or whatever that base has) resource for your outfit when it flips as well, even if your outfit doesn't end up the controlling one. I forget what the cutoff is for earning it, maybe it's 1000 score or top 20% of attackers or something. I could look it up but I'm trying to kill 30 people with a Daimyo.

Bah thought merit bought other stuff but it's those stupid weird deployables that are too complicated to use half the time. Bought 3 months of membership so i can get that asp stuff, holy gently caress thumper in secondary is so goddamn amazing. How do i get more asp points--do i gotta level up to 100 every time?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I actually like the new bases, had a ton of fun running around with my thumper. Also i had a 1.6kdr after nearly 3 hours but i made 1k certs so membership is pretty goddamn sweet for $10.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Mercury_Storm posted:

Just tried this for a few hours, captured like 10 bases and got... 50 certs. With most weapons still costing 1000 certs to unlock seems like I would still have to make this game my life to unlock everything, even with a membership. That unlocks are still character specific and not account wide is extra baffling.
The biggest trap is new weapons, you're default weapons are some of the best in game and you'll actually want to swap back to them soon enough. Save your certs for suit, tool, and weapon upgrades then once you've gotten all those THEN branch out and try new weapons. Remember the best way to get certs is engy/medic/infil and use your tools, an infil during a busy fight will passively rake in certs like crazy and all you gotta do is shoot as many darts as you can while sitting on an ammo pack by the point.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Winning an alert can give you 200 certs on its own as a non member with no boosts, and ignoring the fact that you can get an implant with merit that'll double it. That's 200 for 1:30 of play + whatever you earn during the alert, which even for medium to bad players can be another 100. 300 certs for a night isn't amazing (and like I said even without spending it can be much higher than that, closer to 700), but considering how much they've flattened the power curve of the must-haves you're going to be fully effective in a single role in a day or two, and you just starting building more versatility as you go.

Where the hell is this merit market menu? All i could find was buying colossus poo poo.

Also remember when your running with more advanced players if you want to pull vehicles they can pull them for you. If you got the front line spawns mission just ask someone to pull you a sundy and you'll get the exp from the bus plus finish the mission while helping everyone.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Ah a physical vendor haha that would explain why i couldn't find anything scrolling through all those drat menus.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

The game experience between organized and pubbie is so goddamn drastic to the point that you should be incentivized heavily to create and run platoons. You should literally be rewarded higby bucks for leading full squads and platoons and accomplishing stuff.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Talking to loving quest NPC's in loving PLANETSIDE 2? Wrel what the wrel. It's a loving FPS gimme some menus to click through for wrelssake.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Arghy ops again, same time 5/13!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

This thurs and friday is gonna be arghyops, brace yourselves.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Good non dairy dad ops! We won an alert totally due to our contribution. Remember to join again on saturday for some meatless dad saturdays.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Vegan dad ops in 40 minutes!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Some great ops tonight, i highly suggest the lasher for containment sites because there's nothing like lashing 6 NC walking in a vent.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I loving love the ASP system purely because i can now always have a lasher on my HA. The containment site is actually super easy to take if you got a modicum of organization because you just need to murder ball point to point leaving some to defend. 90% of the pop at the base is wandering around until they find an enemy and once the lightening is gone the A point can be attacked from the central drop in seconds.

Can someone break down the OS and any other shenanigans that i could use while leading cause i swear. I'm gonna try to be more clear from now on when we should be redeploying because i felt i wasn't doing it loudly leading to some confusion. I also wanna get us some point hold practice so we can quickly take bases with low numbers then defend them for fights.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah i thought about trying to incorporate anvils into drops to pull sundies or AI harassers.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

If you don't already have max level implants i'd only buy the deluxe and then once you got a good set of implants then use the recycler. I burned all my iso on those recyclers so i can't max out my catlike which is annoying.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

They should have really just let you build structures that last until the cont gets reset so you could have a ratnest of tunnels and buildings to fight in if a conts been open for awhile. Allow jump pads or those vertical one's so you could literally hoof it from 1 base to another in 10 seconds if you built/controlled the tunnels.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah the tons of TR nazis is honestly what kept me playing, nothing like owning them when they're swaggering and watching the ensuing rage.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Arghyops 7pm EST wens, we gonna shoot some mans.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Tonight was some of the most amazing lashing experiences i've ever had on hossin, yes please take those revives, oh stand still to repair that sundy that i'm lashing? Please and thank you.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Good ops though i was getting killed constantly all loving night by lone enemies hitting me amongst a group. Still don't understand how we had over 20 NC and VS in the same loving room not killing each other--but oh second i came in time to kill.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Honda ops tonight! Get in planes, stay in planes, die in planes.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Honestly that's what ESF's always should have been, anti vehicle platforms that are terrible at dealing with infantry. Dedicated anti infantry always should have been locked behind 2 people with the lib/valk/galaxy. They should have made the lib into a tribes 2 bomber, slow unguided bombs that can devastate unsupported infantry but zero defense against other vehicles.

Did anyone get that ascent lasher trap? I don't think i've ever seen that many lashers firing into a tunnel and people actually trying to loving run through it.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Lexusbeat posted:

Do people actually play with vehicles other than the sunderer now? I see all these new vehicles and I'm thinking that nobody will actually be using them.

Maybe this was just briggs but at a certain point there was nobody using vehicles in fights over a certain size because the amount of AV that could kill you outside of render distance was ridiculous.

NC/TR have a ton of vehicles on emerald where VS will initially pull some then they'll get destroyed then they'll go in on foot. Who knew the magrider being poo poo would force the VS into being a primarily infantry based faction. I've gone to many fights expecting a ton of pop to see oh it's just NC/TR outside in vehicles shelling walls.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Dear god i can't believe we went full NC tonight with vanguards from the warpgate. I went with 0 calls through out the day but the 2 hours i played i got 6 calls.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Until i get another job i might start leading some weekday ops again which can be faction variable hopefully.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

ARghy weekday ops this wens at 7pm, we celebrate me going to the dentist the next day.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Monday ops, i'm gonna make this right just give me a chance 9pm EST

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

A good start now nerf overshield!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Arghyops today gonna be either blue or red depending on population, 9pm EST.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Remember the 10% movement nerf is nothing, the testing people did with the 15% adrenaline pump proves it. You only might need to change your HA load out but nanoweave still might be superior.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

You just gotta get them to kill wrel then say he's bad and they'll get banned.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Goku still runs ops every saturday at 9pm EST if you got a VS character on emerald.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

BWAE isn't small haha they can run at least 3 squads and the sweat tends to band together so unless you got 3+ squads yourself it's better to just leave that fight. NC was running all the sweaties in 1 platoon and it was completely toxic so no one fought them and they got to ghost cap to their hearts content. They can jump factions though so all concepts of trying to play to a goal should be abandoned unless you can muster multiple squads.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah because sweatfits are on a timer until they implode so they won't be an outfit for long! They really need to pick a faction and stick to it though because when they're rocking a platoon deep they suck up everyone that can challenge them so they just completely roll over everything. I can get playing with friends but when you include all the other sweaties then you just got random casuals to fight against.

They really just need to collapse all the servers already even if that'd just kill the game faster haha.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah we do ops on saturday but we're lucky to pull in 2 squads at most, the devs are doing a great job of driving everyone away haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

He knows the customer base well.