Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose fault is it?
Smedly
Higby
Wrel
View Results

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

I've been playing this dumb franchise since 2003, suck it nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

:catstare:

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost
Ghost with a 4x.

Or the Parallax if you're trying to be a useless bushwookie.

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost
Emerald VS has been crushing alerts since way before SKL was even a thing, so yeah :wtc:

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

quote:

Planetside 2: Dehumanize Yourself and Face to Waypoint

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

honda whisperer posted:

anyone worse than me is bad, and anyone better is a sweaty.

A perfect thread title if I ever saw one.

zeldadude posted:

Would definitely be down to join a GOKU ops if I'm ever available on Saturday if that's cool, though!

:getin: Discord, Mumble, etc. etc. You'd be far from the first 1TR to hang out on a Saturday.

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost
The Saron is good at long ranges because it has no drop and a relatively fast projectile, but suffers when the vehicle is on the move, especially as the terrain gets rougher, because you need to land all the shots to keep your damage output up. Speed and distance means that either your gunner is going to take a long time to line up shots that hit, or will probably miss several shots per magazine if trying to shoot more quickly. Getting the bloom reset rhythm is key to sustained fire at long range. In a pinch you can magdump up close, but you want to keep enemies at a distance as a rule. Unless there's a lot of infantry standing still or your gunner is extremely good with the Saron, just steer clear of any infantry.

The Aphelion is a much better option for close range, but has a weird mechanic that in practice not a lot of people are good at. You fire for a minimum of six shots, at which point letting off the trigger releases an energy "wave" that does some extra damage. In theory it's maximized by letting a wave off every 6 shots but in practice that doesn't really happen. The wave does great damage, but the individual projectiles do a perfectly serviceable job of killing stuff, so it's often better to just rely on the chaingun effect at close range and let a wave go when the opportunity presents itself. The wave makes a great killing blow (and is the best way to kill infantry with this gun, because of its shape), but a miss hurts badly. Best to pull this when you have a friendly vehicle column to rely on, getting caught out alone can be rough because you have to put yourself closer to a fight to deal much damage.

When I pull a Harasser, it tends to be a Halberd, and when someone asks me what I want to gun, it's also usually a Halberd. It's just so solid in so many situations including AV that it's hard to pass on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

quote:

Clicking on squad spawn locations that are still on spawn cooldown no longer allows you to bypass the timer.

They did say they fixed this before, and they didn't, but :rip: all the same, instant beacons were the best while they lasted