Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

infraboy posted:

Specific to random rooms I believe, Biome 2 took me forever, still missing a cypher from 6 but still waiting for a fix to this scout log 9 before I even try hunting it down.

Ok Iím way behind in biome 2 compared to the others. Guess itís not just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

infraboy posted:

I didn't find challenge room in biome 5 to be too bad, plenty of grapple points to get away or jump down if you're getting a bit overwhelmed

That room was the main reason I lost several runs. It wasn't the only wall I had to break through, but it was one of the bigger ones.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Clunk! Clunk Clunk!

The basic drones in biome 4 chucking out multi leveled halo style aoes fucks me up more than anything else in the game. I hate them so much.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Oh heck, well that's not great. There does seem to be player unfriendly design decisions that I didn't expect coming off of Hades. Little things that dampen your excitement when you discover stuff. For example, you can run out of space to pick up artifacts, but if you find another, you can't swap any of them or drop any. So, do you choose to not pick up the artifacts that you find in case you might need the space for a more powerful one later? Will it even be an issue?

There are also some that just don't do anything. One that said doubles obolite pickup radius still just said double once equipped.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Cat Army

It finally happened. I finally died to missile drones in biome 5, after powering through 2-3-4 for the first time in one go. Idk what the heck is happening story wise but (theory, havenít beaten the game yet) it sorta feels like watching the birth of the universe and it is very unique and I am here for it!

There was such a massive learning curve at first but something just clicked and I just started sailing through it consistently.

Died like ten-fifteen times in biome 1 first though. You have to internalize the rhythm it wants out of you, and then it turns into this great mix of dark souls combined with doom.

Really steep early difficulty curve.

I also think the level design and general aesthetic impact of the world could have been turned up like 10%. I get itís ruins and all but I could have used a bit more ďwow.Ē Just give me a weird hosed up scenic vista!

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

Hey I beat biome 1 boss!! Took me like 17 deaths and maybe 9 hours of play.

It's ok to suck, fellow bad shooters!!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Timotheous Venture posted:

You can destroy currently held artifacts. Highlight one in the menu and hold square, I think?

OH! That's helpful, thanks.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Man, I'd sure appreciate it if the first room on a spur of B5 wasn't 7 loving laser spewing panthers, 4 of which were a stage of a previous challenge room. I'd like it if there wasn't just ONE MORE loving ROCKET drone just hanging out under a cliff, shooting me when I can't shoot it in these tightly designed combat arenas.

Fix fucked around with this message at 07:37 on May 12, 2021

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I will outlast the Chinese government's buying of fat lady avatars with the true grit of the greatest generation

Fix posted:

Man, I'd sure appreciate it if the first room on a spur of B5 wasn't 7 loving laser spewing panthers, 4 of which were a stage of a previous challenge room. I'd like it if there wasn't just ONE MORE loving ROCKET drone just hanging out under a cliff, shooting me when I can't shoot it in these tightly designed combat arenas.

Sounds like you need to get good son

lol yeah gently caress that poo poo

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I have gotten a lot better, but no matter how good I get, the best I get is bested by a good hollow seeker, which I inevitably give up mid run because I am a goddamn idiot.

I'm the guy shouting "gently caress Contra!" while shunning Spread.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

This game invents an arena where players have to worry about the two hour ramifications of chip damage and the AI just goes hog wild with rings and beams and guess what's coming. This is not a complaint, I think that's legit design. I don't think that's all that harder than video games when I was young.

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Clunk! Clunk Clunk!

Fix posted:

This game invents an arena where players have to worry about the two hour ramifications of chip damage and the AI just goes hog wild with rings and beams and guess what's coming. This is not a complaint, I think that's legit design. I don't think that's all that harder than video games when I was young.

I'm really not digging how ring heavy the second half is. Just really hard to see them coming from behind when there's 5 enemies in front of you too. I didn't mind them on bosses or occasional enemies but bleh at them being everywhere especially purple ones.