Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

This game got a lot less frustrating when i realized i could go back to the ship at the beginning and sleep to recover health, and use all the recovery items to increase max health. Maybe I’ll be able to beat Phrike one of these times now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Finally beat phrike… and it appears once in the crimson wastes you can no longer go back to the ship to regain health. I need my training wheels back :/

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

The Walrus posted:

Another five runs not even getting to the boss now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78oKGLbALgQ

I’m not actually good, but my ignorant opinion is that you’re not dashing nearly enough. Whenever enemies are nearby, just spam dash and sprint away until you can abuse cover to take potshots at them. Don’t try to fight from close range when swarmed, you’ll get hit in the back way too often.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Ugh, lost a bunch of progress again as if I’d died when i had to put the game down for a while. I guess this just isn’t a game you can beat unless you have uninterrupted 5 hour time blocks consistently(or git real gud, i guess)

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

RatHat posted:

Rest mode will pause a run. Just make sure to turn off auto-updates.

Yeah, i guess it must have auto updated. Hopefully not to the bugged version, i should check that.