Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I just want to returnal back home from work so I can play some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

El Generico posted:

how the gently caress are there enough people who have PS5s for this thread to be this active

There aren't too many other PS5 exclusives yet, so a fair amount of people probably picked up it up

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I kinda wish I hadn't picked up the acid lob gun, because now it keeps polluting my loot pool with a slow, low range gun. I've taken a decent one to biome 3 a few times, only to get absolutely ruined by the homing missile fliers. All the DoT of the lob gun does is make them kamikaze without fail.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 3, 2021

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I wish I was better at this game.

The grind of redoing biome 1 to get strong enough to even attempt 2/3 is getting to me, especially when I end up doing a lot of backtracking to the ship to heal to full when possible. The gameplay loop of avoiding healing to get resins isn't great for the morale. :sigh:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Got my first clear of boss 3, and took that run to boss 4 too.

That's a pretty harsh story event between the two biomes. Poor Selene.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ultrachrist posted:

Man I cruised through 4 into 5 the first time but subsequent trips seem way tougher. Everything is malignant so I can’t build health and there’s some absolute fucker rooms. I got back to 5 and then died before I could use my health item because I have no hp and can’t build up poo poo for artifacts.

That's basically what happened to me as well. After beating zone 3, I somehow cruised past zone 4 and then promptly ate poo poo in 5. And now I can barely dent 4.

I've just given myself the interim goal of focusing on learning new weapon abilities, to gain some new edge there.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Hit the credits! Stacking protection is a really powerful defensive tool, and I didn't really have too much trouble with the final biome. I did make the mistake of taking a pretty low damage hollowseeker I was unlocking a trait on for the final boss, and it was a slog.

Still, good enough time, and time to finish the post game stuff next.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Oh god drat it. I had a great run through biomes 4-6 getting the post-game key fragments in one go. I thought I could be done with it, but apparently I need one more run.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Biome 5 remains my run ender too. I can scrape through 4 with basically any build, and if I reach 6 I'm beating it.

But 5 is just a hard check for how well my build is coming together, and if I get boned by hard rooms before I can get some more resources.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Coilspine Shredder is the one weapon that I just really hate. No matter what mods I get on it, it seems to do absolutely sluggish DPS due to having to charge up the shots. I've never seen the bouncing gimmick really do anything of value, with how open most arenas are.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

HampHamp posted:

And yeah the coilfang thing has ended every run I've picked it up on. Same with the shotgun to a lesser extent.

With the shotgun you at least have slugs and narrow maw that make it much more usable. Those combined with the trait that refunds ammo if you hit most pellets make it in to a large monster blender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Spite posted:

One of the logs mentions avenging other deaths? I haven't seen that at all.
Another log she talks about killing another version of herself. Haven't seen that either. Did they cut multiplayer or something?

There should be a feature where you can find corpses of other players, and get possible loot or a fight out of it. But it seems to be profoundly broken, and only briefly worked during the save-eating patch.