Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Cleared out Biome 4, the boss was a cakewalk compared to the previous 3. They've done a really job in making all the worlds look and feel pretty different.

Hollowseeker with serrated projectiles is probably my favorite weapon, the portal beam perk is AWESOME as well, it freaked the poo poo out of me at first because I thought it was an enemies' attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Man had a huge like three hour run from the 4th biome to the 5th Tons of permanent upgrades here Went through 2 astronauts and a bunch of consumables, died in a really lovely forced encounter. Feel like I made a ton of progress though.

Probably need a break for the rest of the night. It's a game that can get really frustrating the point of insanity thinking you hit a huge wall, but after a break between yesterday and today it's good to have your mind fresh and pumped with some caffeine to get through a bunch.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I get the feeling there is some kind of hidden difficulty scaling, like it gets a little harder the better your run goes. The again I could be going crazy and talking out of my rear end.

The house scenes get creepy as gently caress

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
hahaha have fun dodging this poo poo, each wave only takes like half your health.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
On my second loop of 1-3 biomes, cleared them all in a single run including the arena rooms but didn't bother with the first two bosses. Had tons of health and items but somehow struggled with the 3rd boss way more than my first go at him, the stupid portal beam doesn't know where to shoot!

Took forever and I got hit way more times than my first go, guess I was overconfident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7d0_gd5-2Y

found some sunlight shards in the run that are permanent so I assume these are for something once I get all of them.

infraboy fucked around with this message at 08:44 on May 3, 2021

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

You pretty much want these perks, serrated rounds(damage over time) are a must, waves are nice, portal beam loving owns (except vs boss #3)

my second favorite weapon is that one that leaves the equivalent of steel wires that damage enemies that get caught in it.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Target lists their PS5s super early or super late depending on your perspective, it's fairly easy to get one off their website for pickup.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Yeah the area before the biome 3 boss is basically a pretty annoying obstacle course, once you get near the end there is an arena where usually two of those armored sentinels spawn, they're really no fun especially two at the same time, don't hesitate to retreat a bit, you can semi cheese them because they wont follow you too far. Hollowseeker with serrated is really your best friend here because you can do hit and run attacks really easily, incredibly useful for those annoying flyers with homing missles

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Maybe i’m weird but I never touch anything that can give me a malfunction because they’ve always had a chance to really screw you over, like it’ll say open 2 containers but then you wont see a container for a very long time, or you only find malignant containers and thatcompounds the problem.

Never really had a problem with the battys in biome 1, I tend to keep my distance, they dont drop a lot of money anyways. There is also basically no reason to LDS unless an enemy is really far away, just constantly strafe and hipfire and you’ll be much harder to hit., dont be afraid to run and use doors as cover unless its a lockdown room which you can tell will be when theres a big red orb in the room.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I beat the first boss with a pistol and I think one healing item, I mostly kept my distance and focus more on avoiding stuff because the auto-aim generally takes care of hitting him. The biggest thing to dodge for me are his melee swipes, just have to time it as he is coming at you. He always does it after he starts those red rings, phase 2 he'll do one swipe, phase 3 he might swing at you twice consecutively with two rings to jump, so just be ready for it.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
2nd run from first through last Biome done, are the sunface fragments in specific places or are they RNG? I am missing two of them, otherwise I found a couple extra ship logs.

nvm I think I figured it out, time for more hunting. It's weird how I struggled in a lot of the game and can now clear things fairly easily, some moments are still stressful. I apparently need just one more

infraboy fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 4, 2021

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I thought sleeping in the bed recycled the run

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Are the sun fragments RNG based? I can't seem to find the last one, and I swear i've looked in just about every room.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I got a really perked up hollowseeker which put up TWO turrets, one goes pewpewpew and the other fires the beam, made clearing rooms pretty hilarious. Eventually I stopped worrying about the weapon level and mostly pay attention to the perks. Hollowseeeker with serrated and portal beam can carry you all the way

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Took me forever to find the last fragment in the last biome now on my way to the true ending

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I played around with a lot of the guns today and their upgrades, Hollowseeker and The Pylon gun are still just stupidly good

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I finished off a 1-3 run last night and closed the game completely so I think I should be able to USB save at least

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Looks like my game never updated itself at all, which is gooood

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
When every goons gits gud you'll do full clears of 1-3 including bosses you'll have so much health that you can shrug off a few hits and laugh that you ever complained about needing the ship's heal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17TR0agwXk0

The platinum is no joke and super RNG based :(

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Also im' seeing a 1.3.4 update downloaded, too scared to install

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Biome 6 enemies are awful and pretty much none of them are fun to fight, theyre the real challenge. if you can get a pylon gun before the last boss it absolutely wrecks him, or a portal beam hollowcaster.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

victrix posted:

There's a big square room in area 3, isolated platform, items visible underneath it, anyone know how the gently caress to get those? Didn't see any obvious grapple points or teleports.

There's a grapple up on the side, and health items out on the edges, but I don't see a way below. Trying to drop off the edge just results in fall damage.

You get an underwater breathing item much later in the game

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I've messed with the other guns and gotten a bunch of their upgrades but still nothing beats the Pylon gun or the Hollowseeker, and there is no trophy for getting the gun upgrades so you're mostly just making the game more of a challenge for yourself if that is your thing.

Been farming 1-3 for the drat cyphers but the RNG sucks

This is the most decked out i've gotten for biome 3, mega health, 8 heals, and crazy buffs. Nemesis goin down for the 12th time or so now!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
It seems like the last boss is like some freakish thing that is possibly her mother then during the last phase it looks like an astronaut

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Finally got the biome 3 survey done, don't have to deal with those missile drones anymore or that whole level for that matter.

This scout log 9 is nowhere to be found after so many runs through biome 1 :(

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Anyone having trouble in Biome 3, dont be afraid to just run from the rocket drones if they overwhelm, make liberal use of the grapple points since you cannot take damage during the grapple and there is no cooldown so they're basically free dodges, use doors and pillars to break line of sight, don't try to melee anything except the shielded turrets.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I've done at least 20 runs through biome 1 after act 3 and still haven't found one log i'm missing from it, i'm two cyphers away on Biome 2 in the same amount of runs, I swear i've seen every single room and am scouring every wall for them even though there is usually a symbol for them. Missing one cypher from biome 6 as well

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I think i'm turning into Selene IRL because I am literally running through the first two Biomes going crazy looking for one audio log in biome 1 and two cyphers in biome 2 that I swear don't exist and i'm pretty sure i've seen every single variation of every room and ran across every single wall, I want to believe it's some kind of bug that isn't letting them spawn for me.

And i've gotten 100% data on Phrike Ixion and Nemesis which required like 12 kills each

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
There is one artifact that gives you the life siphon buff and it makes the rest of the biomes a breeeze

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Right as i'm about to give up finding the ciphers I find a unique area and find one and apparently it's the last one for the trophy or it's a weird bug.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I keep harping about this but yeah I think finding this elusive scout log #9 is really bugged because after numerous speed clears of biome 1 I can't seem to find a unique room it's in, I should have run into it by now statistically. I'm pretty much getting the same exact rooms every run in maybe just a slightly different order, I think it's something Housemarque is going to need to fix.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Alright i've tried grabbing every parasite I can every time but running through biome 1 like 6-7 times still no stupid scout log, I think it's really broken. Keep running into basically the same type of rooms but slightly different order

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I'm sure I posted already but 3rd boss in phase 3 just keep jumping and grappling platforms and you'll dodge just about everything, I don't think i've ever taken fall damage even after falling a long time. You can't get hit during the grapple. I usually stay in the back of the platforms so it gives more time to react to the attacks.

Phase 2 is actually his hardest to dodge imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17TR0agwXk0

infraboy fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 9, 2021

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Hollowseeker and Electropylon Driver are my top 2 guns, the blobber is 3rd, the pistol is actually quite good with certain perks especially vs the flying poo poo.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Yeah you get all the cool stuff late game

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I'm at 80 hours at least looking for two more collectables for the platinum so hopefully you have better luck that me. This scout log 9 is CRAP and seemingly nonexistant

infraboy fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 9, 2021

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I've only had one crash in the game and that was on day 1, luckily pretty inconsequential

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I was really hoping Selene was caught in some Alien infinite time loop but after the 3rd Biome it's clearly something internal

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Giving up on my platinum Returnal dreams for now, it's seriously something that needs to be patched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I'm well into about 100 into the game and in biome 1 keep running into the same rooms behind the blue triangle doors looking for the scout #9 log, apparently it's a fairly common room early in game since it talks about parasites but I guess I finished biome 1 too easily and it never spawns now that i'm well after act 3?

Always run into the same rooms every run with nearly 0 variation. I've seen youtube videos of people finding it well after act 3 but I must have some really bad factors or something.

This big room with the fabricator

This room with the small pool

This room with the glowy orb

room with the ressurector

And the archives room

And this room with the locked chest

I should just give up since it's driving me insane but I figure i'll get it THIS time :negative:

A few times I got a room with the boss-trap-chest! But that is about it.

infraboy fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 10, 2021