Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this thread is illegal for 40 more mintues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

okay now that this thread is legal heres my list of steam sale recs. and i'm not even going to bother telling you what they're about because they're all less than $5 (okay a couple of them are $6 sorry) gently caress you buy them, you should have them already

One Way Heroics (you should probably get the plus DLC also, don't buy the remake), Forget Me Not, Artifact Adventure (Gaiden is also good and $2), Umihara Kawase (the trilogy is good but if you only buy one, get Sayonara), Gigantic Army, Oath in Felghana, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, Phantom Brave, Every Chapter of Higurashi is Like $3 A Pop And They're All Hella Long, The Silver Case (25th Ward is also like $5), Hakuoki (okay i won't blame you if you dont buy hakuoki, it is good though!!), Half Minute Hero 2 (also comes with Half Minute Hero 1, that's two games for $2.50!!!), Castle of Shikigami, Mushihimesama, Hellsinker, Crimzon Clover, Revolver 360, Astebreed

as for games that are above $5, if you buy no other VN at least please get raging loop

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i presume you've already played 428 (which is also $10 this week wow value!!)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm buying + am excited to read, hashihime of the old book town, the "psychedelic BL murder mystery visual novel" set in the taisho era. theres not a word of that i don't like the sound of
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1039940/Hashihime_of_the_Old_Book_Town/

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It Means The Boys gently caress Each Other

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

anime murder mystery VNs for 12 year olds? thats right, i'm recommending raging loop again

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

i've got raging loop, house of fata morgana, and 428 shibuya scramble in my steam cart and now i gotta make decisions
thats a good rear end cart, you cannot go wrong, with any of these

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i stayed up all night reading the first chapter of the hashihime of the old book town, that's a fascinating VN. the first four hours is just a bunch of boys flirting with each other and making references to untranslated japanese surrealist literature. didn't realize going in it was going to be yet another time loop story though, vns love that stuff

good cgs, too

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I like video games that let you play them
there are vns that have mechanics, gnosia thats a sick one

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tfw you start playing a game and have this vague but unshakable feeling that you're working through someones fetish. VR game where you're chained up in a wheelchair and have to use a laser pointer and gestures to direct a little girl around each room to solve puzzles, kind of a mix of lifeline and pac-man 2 and ico (and it has some ico predigree also, lead animator worked on ico and sotc, director worked on tlg)

except. the store page also describes it as "saw meets ico" and every single room has a unique long and super brutal death animation where you have to first watch her and then you get killed if you gently caress up. sorry you mixed up blue and green in this game of simon, now the organ is going to spray poison gas until she asphyxiates. sorry you didn't do this moving block puzzle in the right order, now the floor is going to drop out into a grinder. also even more brutally a lot of the success animations are indistinguishable from the fail animations until the very last second. like a train switch problem where as soon as she presses the button to start the train, stocks drop down around her neck, and then you watch the train drive around for a minute and if you flipped the right switches it unlocks the door, or if you did not then the train cuts a rope that drops a guillotine

i'm at 100 minutes and debating whether to refund it. i'm pretty sure its not actually a ryona game, but at the very least the fail state always being a little girl getting murdered is kinda cheap. then again there's some interesting structural stuff going on that I wanna see where it goes... also they play around with you being in a wheelchair in kinda fun ways, that elevates the wheelchair thing beyond just being a vr conceit

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

some of the deaths dont even make sense. why does a giant snake live in the ceiling of the algebra puzzle room

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

snakes aren't good at math, it could live anywhere else!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

just play the fun games and skip the not fun ones imo, ys is extremely episodic and trying to play them in order will just make you miserable

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there's a handful of good oculus exclusives, stormland, from other suns, lone echo 2 is coming out soon, uhh racoon lagoon is okay I guess

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

those werent sound effects, he just had a lot of beyblades. rip kaoru

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

to share with the whole class,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEQInzRHxwM

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

please take two pictures of your receipt, so i can photoshop one of them

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

drat I'm watching the live Bombcast right now and they just announced Vinny, Brad and Alex are all leaving Giant Bomb.

Absolutely crazy. What even is the identity of that site now that everybody is gone...
it's okay if jeff is still there I'll keep watching him play mr do and dig through his garage

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tim sweeney's zzt is maybe one of the most consequential games in the western video game canon, is the weird thing

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Tesla is an indie car developer if you really think about it
I'd rather not

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zil posted:

So all the bean lovers out there, what is your opinion on beans in chili?
critical but also, we must forever remember the difference between the kind of chili you eat with a spoon, that must have beans, and the kind of chili that you put on a hot dog, that must never have them

ordered a chili dog one time and the guy shrugged and spilled soup all over my hot dog, thats hosed up

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

What are big anime moments
the first time momo appears in saki, 20 minutes of intense mahjong where both the players and the audience are totally oblivious to her existence, until momo drops her cloaking field and the camera finally pans over and everyone is like "oh yeah mahjong is a four player game"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

games should not be about sex, games are about killing
games can be about loving people up, or just loving people

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mix. posted:

this is why saints row is the best game, because it gives you a murder weapon that's also a dildo, therefore allowing you to be in the sex AND the killing circles on the venn diagram
its a dangerous spot in the diagram

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

monongalia & monongahela, not even people that live there can conclusively tell you how to say it. kanawha is almost as bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

now what if they were puppeteering an anime girl

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Is there any way to remove announcements from the user control panel

i don't wanna write for the front page
yes you do

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Walla posted:

I'm another who bounced off Octopath hard, but I had it built up in my head as some kind of FF IV-VI pastiche when it's more of an homage to old school SaGa games with a FFV job system. I have this idea that if maybe you approached it as some kind of interconnected SaGa game and maybe didn't try to do everyone's story in one run it might be more palatable. I'm not sure how well that would work though.

I am looking forward to Project Triangle Strategy but it looks like it will actually have a story and the characters might have a reason to hang out.
as an octopath liker, it's biggest problem is that it's extremely confused about what it wants to be, because it is simultaneously a saga pastiche and an homage to classic FF even though those are two totally incoherent objectives. it'd be a much better game if it was like saga frontier and 8 separate but intertwined stories in the same world, but it really is designed for you to do everything in one run

also remember, triangle strategy has zero relation to octopath despite what they'd like you to think, just like octopath isn't actually a followup to bravely default

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

and yet, you dishonestly claim to be from there. curious

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'd hope it's a freesync monitor anyway

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Convex posted:

Oh ok I just thought it would be as bad as going from a 60fps to a 30fps game in terms of overall frame speed difference
it'd be more like the 3:2 pulldown you get when you watch a 24hz film on cable or whatever, you'd have some doubled frames to make up the difference, but it probably wouldnt really be noticeable

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

PCs won't do a pulldown unless you have vsync on and miss target rate

But the native refresh isn't the issue there

Also why gsync/freesync are the answer
it wont tween but if if you're at 144hz and have a window updating at 60hz yeah you're gonna get doubled frames

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Any opinions regarding Ikea's Markus vs the Staples' Hyken office chairs?

I don't want to spend the money right now—I would prefer to save up for something better—but my back and knees have been killing me lately.
biggest difference is just foam vs mesh. comfort vs support + the foam will wear out eventually. my last chair was a markus though and its a pretty good sit

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFITf1lhimI

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Soft cider isn't the same as just juice though I'm not 100% sure what the difference is precisely

Hard cider definitely exists but isn't super popular
yeah most people don't know the difference, but I do. if its clear and yella you've got juice there fella, if its tangy and brown you're in cider town

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I like water

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you want to watch hololive do a 30 minute monster hunter rise commercial, boy are you in luck. even has english subs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrdkXgPk0cc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Pfft, I've had Blackbosom's scythe for like 5 years now or whatever.
yeah i'm already like 8 different kinds of reaper. big deal

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0DAH2kIvfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theres a reason so many vtubers are willing to give up revenue to join agencies, getting out there is the hardest part. watching good indies that pull a couple hundred viewers a stream graduate to an agency that can just hand them a couple ten thousand out of the gate for their debut is a big deal