Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Pwnstar posted:

Playing Persona 5 now, I like that the mascot character has a little kid crush on the girl character instead of being a weirdo sexual predator like in 4. For real though everything in this game is so stylish and slick, when I high five my buddy to tag him into the fight and the music kicks I'm hootin and hollerin irl.

having trouble thinking of a game where the presentation adds more for me than P5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

rest in piss you fuckin' piece of poo poo

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo RE: Village is out today- early reviews seem to indicate "RE7 but more action-ey" which has me excited for blastin'

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

I finally had some time to start RE 8age and I'm really drawn in despite not really having any strong feelings toward RE7 or RE2make. Game looks freaking amazin' on PC, all settings maxed out with ray-tracing enabled and my system is still pulling a clean 120fps. How do you do it Capcom! I've been really busy with work so hopefully I get enough time to finish it.

It feels more action-ey and RE4-ey to me than 7 which is drawing me in as well. Still haven't played 7 all the way through- might restart it after I finish this.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

My brother played Control finally, and said the game sucks and that he doesn't like it. So I don't have a brother anymore, I guess.

I mean the gameplay isn't the best

I loved the "SCP w serial numbers filed off" setting/story enough to get me through the game but honestly could have done without the Consumable Third Person Shooter Product #27B fights

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

i've been getting a bit demoralized with ghost of tsushima, working through act 2 as it sinks in just how long the game is. i guess i could start skipping quests...

can we make AAA open-world timesink games illegal already

I hate that this seems to be the default setting like "third person cover based shooter" was a while ago

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vermain posted:

You'd need to decouple game length from price for that to work, and I can't see that happening any time soon. For better or worse, the metric used to measure the value of a game in marketing is the amount of hours you can wring out of it, even if the lion's share of those hours are flaccid busywork with only tangential relations to the main story. Massive open world games with a million tiny quests are the easiest kind of hour inflation for large game studios to manufacture, since the tools used to construct them can be broadly standardized without requiring substantial investments from the art or programming departments.

Ugh, yeah- if people are by and large satisfied by a bunch of open world C+P sidequests then there's very little chance of anything changing anytime soon. It's just too easy.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So apparently Samsung TVs made after 2018 or something have a Steam Link app you can install which basically replicates the (now discontinued) Steam Link box that would let you stream a feed from your PC to your TV over your home network.

Hooked everything up with LAN cables (TV has a socket so you can plug the ethernet cable right into it) and it works pretty well- that is, it works as well as a Steam Link box hooked up with physical cable. Not quite as good as directly hooking up a video output and running controls from the PC (5.5 ms delay and the video encoding clearly doesn't like it when you swing the camera around ingame in whatever you're playing) but with physical cabling it isn't as bad as I thought. Also the TV itself can accept any kind of Bluetooth device so I'm using a PS4 controller- gotta re-pair it with the PS4 or the TV depending on what you're using though.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hatty posted:

Its fun, your main attack isn't very impressive but most of the combat is using your telekinesis during your combo and activating whatever power your companions have using your BRAIN LINK. It reminds me of Astral Chain that way where the real fun was activating your demon buddy at the right time to get combos going. Theres a level up system so more variety is definitely possible. Its very flashy with lots of in combat QTEs and mini cutscenes which could get tiresome if they don't add some variety. The MC is named so maybe no character creator? disappointing if so. Code Vein and God Eater got pretty deep discounts after a few months and I would think this will follow that trend, seems like it'd be a fun $40

More competently-executed Character Action is always good and I'm always starving for it

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I find it crazy that success had like zero bearing on whether the Beserk guy long-term karoshi'ed himself or not

What kept him glued to the work table until he died, gently caress

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

He died from a freak accident that could happen to anybody? Berserk took regular and notorious long breaks. Berserk was insanely meticulous, but I feel like other mangakas are way more overworked than him, when they try to keep things going and current and capture the popular zeitgeist. Berserk was so popular and so long running it didn't seem like he was under the same pressure. He wasn't fighting to be the top of Shonen Jump or whatever.

I guess I don't quite understand what you mean here.

Ah just heard people saying he "didn't go outside for years" and poo poo like that and kinda assumed it may have had an impact on his health and increased the likelihood of something like what killed him happening.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I want Ethan to shoot his severed hand off and rocket punch one of those smug Lycans

Yanking it off and there's some kinda Mega Man blaster under there is a close second

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pharohman777 posted:

Nocturnes hd remaster has some interesting voice direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5WNJu84FXY

it's always a good choice to deploy the MMRS voice and I laugh every time

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Metallica's trilogy of "Unforgiven" songs lol

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It kinda sucked to see the Sonic games finally achieve relative competence in Generations just for it to be thrown in the garbage (other than Mania)

I'm excited to see a good game or gawk at some trash

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Never got around to Colors but heard it was alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh god no I forgot about the Moon localization on the Switch I'm gonna download it over the weekend

that was a close one