Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

only chumps posting below this line

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

hoping to see some good pokemon snaps this month

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

this thread is illegal for 40 more mintues.

gently caress the police

Be gay do crimes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gonna post the June chat thread tomorriw

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Terper posted:

chump zone over

cool people below this line

I voted for Kirby

Postin'

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

bowsette love

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nice swinub picture

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Vanguard is fine in ME1. ME1 combat sucks but it lets you deploy a shield strong enough to just sponge everything and ignore it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you want to feel old,

a twelve year old playing ace attorney today will be young enough that many of the meme references in them will probably be unrecognizable

remember the guy who talks in leet speak

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

I like video games that let you play them

I prefer ones that force you to play them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it's a solid contender for my game of the year and would be worth it at twice the price with half as much content, because the quality is just that high

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Finished up Code Vein, here's my review: don't play it.

My review is: play it

Andrast posted:

I don't care for photography modes in games at all and Snap rules

Same

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Code Vein has Dark Souls 1 combat and near lethal levels of anime and that's all I really want in a video game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I should replay Code Vein

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I thought Code Vein was too easy and also I didn't like the maze component to every single level, especially the Anor Londo knockoff you have to go through three times. Some of the mechanics are good alternatives to the souls formula like character archetypes you can swap between at any bonfire, but I almost never died and beat almost all bosses but the first on like my second try

We're you using the companions or going solo? I think the companions are sort of like playing on easy mode, unfortunately. It's definitely a misstep.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it certainly didn't hit the mastery of Dark Souls 1's interlocking world but each stage was itself a miniature of that, with interlocking paths and shortcuts and often verticality

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
where else would it live

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

snakes aren't good at math, it could live anywhere else!!

yeah that's why it tricks you into doing algebra for it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Like most things in a country the width of a continent, the brands that get popular coast to coast have more to do with being cheap and having an efficient supply chain than quality

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I first found out about Subnautica as an undersea exploration game, and then beat the whole thing basically without reading anything about it on the internet

I did not realize it was supposed to be a scary game until after I was done with it lol. I had no idea the deep ocean was such a common fear until reading people talking about Subnautica after I beat it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I said come in! posted:

In New Pokemon Snap, I usually have to do a route multiple times before I can unlock the next new route. Are my pictures that bad that i'm not scoring well enough to level up a route to level 2 the first time? What am I doing wrong?

I would consider hitting level 2 on the first run more an indication that you found several hard-to-find species than that you took extra good photos. The game seems to be tuned around the idea that most players will need two tries on most courses

Your total research points for a stage are the sum of the best scores you've gotten for each pokemon/star value, on that stage, regardless of whether it beats another stage. So just finding more star combinations (or, on your first run, more species) matters way more than the quality of your photos.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looper posted:

i love pokemon

:same:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I understand the impracticality of making bespoke animations for all nearly a thousand of the buggers but Snap really does make me love so many pokemon which I'm extremely lukewarm on in the main series, just by the animations alone

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the best pokemon isn't in snap, unfortunately

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kerrzhe posted:

also i know i've completed some of these requests in pokemon snap but they are not marked down as complete and i dunno why :(

some of them are very dumb and want like, specific frames of the animation or something

it's a crazy good game but there's a handful of weird buggy things that I hope an upcoming patch sorts out (though they haven't said anything like that)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've taken pictures of all the pokemon and am starting to clear the photodex and at this point I'm willing to look things up for pokemon that I just have no ideas for at all

Some of the 4*s are really obscure or stupid but most of them are things where I can totally see how someone might have figured it out, even if I didn't

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Regy Rusty posted:

I ended up making a discord server for this purpose and a group of my friends and I are steadily working our way through figuring everything out without looking things up. It's great!

I've been going really hard on the game so everyone I'm talking with about it is way behind me, unfortunately

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Beans are good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zil posted:

So all the bean lovers out there, what is your opinion on beans in chili?

mandatory

if you're someone who's mad about calling it chili call it a spicy bean stew or whatever but it's good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah I’ve even heard of people who don’t eat meat !!

I've heard some of them are even in this very thread

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Walla posted:

Hi oddium!

I just bought Pokemon Snap. I know I will regret this purchase later but I want it now.

Snap is unregrettable

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wouldn't describe snap as five hours long tbh

Like that might be the time until credits roll but there's just so much more in the game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Don't think it's a ponzi scheme so much as just good old snake oil, selling something valueless for an inflated price

Ponzi schemes are (I believe) when an investment has no source of income other than further investors, and uses the money of late joiners to pay off early joiners and make the investment look really really good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
A ponzi scheme is a pretty specific fraud where an investment manager says they can provide impossible returns, and inflates everyone's accounts to an amount that they can't pay out even in theory even if they fully divested (unlike a legitimate bank which wouldn't pay out if there was a run on it, but could pay out eventually given time to divest). When anyone does withdraw their nonexistent earnings, it comes from later investors. I do agree that pump and dump is a better descriptor than snake oil though

There is a huge and dizzying array of frauds where the central theme is early joiners getting money from late comers, rather than from any useful economic activity. I try not to think to hard about how that basically describes the entire stock market

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

Join the Simp Army or perish :black101:

I choose to perish

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nobody does but keep playing anyways

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The less you like the first twist in DRv3, the more you'll like the second, bigger twist, imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You gotta say what dinner was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I drink cider because I don't like beer and cider is appropriate in all the same social contexts as beer