Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Milton Hershey is one of the nicest people of all time. He didn't lay off a single worker during the Depression, tried to keep the price of a chocolate bar 5cents for decades so it would be possible for even the poorest to afford, didn't believe in advertising to children, and left a majority of his company in trust to his orphanage so they'd always be able to afford to help children in need.

Anyways Hershey chocolate is an acquired taste and is very nostalgic for most Americans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

We carried Biltong for a minute at a gas station I worked at. I opened it up, tried it, and immediately scanned it out instead of paying for it.

You guys realize you can just make jerky right? You don't need to suffer like this.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I do wish America had a version of the Fruit and Nut bar widely available

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

It's called Chunky and it's... okay

I don't find American chocolate gross just kind of boring compared to literally any other chocolate

Chunky is like a Chick O Stick or a Zero bar, they exist but I never see them anywhere

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Ive never really been that into chocolate-based candy (or really any candy for that matter) but any international student I've ever met always mentions how the chocolate here is awful. Feels like America is the Wal-Mart of the world

Most international candy is just as bad. Try Salmiakki if you want to see what so called more civilized countries consider candy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone putting Skittles anywhere near the bottom is goofy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Also, how the gently caress did Baby Bottle Pops get through enough corporate gatekeepers to become a thing

https://imgur.com/a/KD8B4n3

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They're fantastic.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They've been on the decline since the acquisition. Ryan's death killed what's left of the enthusiasm there. Dan and austin were the only good parts of the new bomb, but once they left the clock was ticking.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ryan actually died about a year after the acquisition by cbsi

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wait were you phone posting without the Awful app?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

wait really

Edit What the gently caress

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 5, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

That's how you end up playing no-one can stop mr domino

Good

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tesla is an indie car developer if you really think about it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ever seen a british try and pronounce Maryland?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Glowster.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Not even the best in imagine

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Living up to the name

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Chat thread what are some good games with job systems? Loved them in FF5 and Tactics and dabbled in fire emblem.

Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together, tons of cool and unique classes in that one, If you liked FFT you'll like Luct.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Don't forget modern art was funded directly by the CIA

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Also tactics ogre let us cling together especially the psp version, it has fantastic presentation and cool anime art

Get the patch that fixes the crafting system

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve never played a Nintendo game before, where should I start?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hopefully we get a Tali sweat flavor for the release of mass effect collection

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

mkvltra posted:

True. What are some Cool Games that don't wear out their welcome by the second act / 80-90% mark?

The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

wuggles posted:

I had an idea for a naan calzone, basically a naan pocket stuffed with paneer tikka. I lack the technical skill to execute it though

You'll never learn if you don't try.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Well better to find out now than after you quit your day job

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Why can't we just have nice things?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Are the Persona Q games any good? I've heard that they are generally just snapshots of character traits without much depth but are they any good as dungeon crawlers?

The first game is awful stay away

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

mkvltra posted:

Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religion to survive global nuclear holocaust.

I don't remember this at all.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Artyom recalled Sukhoi’s conversation with Hunter about how the level of radiation on the surface would not drop for at least fifty years, and that mankind was doomed, and other biological species were on the rise . . . The elder did not explain exactly how the surface of the earth would turn into a flowering paradise. Artyom wanted to ask him what weird kind of plants were going to bloom in that burned-out paradise, and what kind of people would dare to go up above and settle it, and if his parents had been children of Satan, and if that were why they had perished in the war to annihilate evil. But he didn’t say anything. He was filled with such bitterness and such mistrust, that his eyes burned, and he was ashamed to feel a tear run down his cheek. Mustering his strength, he said just one thing: "Tell me, what does Jehovah, our true God, say about headless mutants?" The question hung in the air. Elder John did not deign even to glance at Artyom, but those standing next to him looked around with fright and repulsion, and they moved away from him, as if he had let out a foul smell. Brother Timothy tried to take him by the hand, but Artyom tore away and, pushing aside the brethren who were crowded around, began to make his way to the exit.

Clearly the author isn't saying that the JW's are the chosen ones or anything like that. The metro series is an allegory for modern Russian politics. That's why the Hansa and the Communists are in a constant cold war which the central station maintains for its own purpose. It's also why the fourth Reich exists in the book, to show the rise of the neo Nazi movement in Russian politics.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Goethe worked on Faust for sixty or so years. Finishing it only a year before his own death and being published posthumously.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Artyom's horror at realizing the Mom he was talking to was offering to prostitute her young son was one of the bleakest things I've read.

Edit:It's nice to see so many people Playing Umineko, It's one of my favorite novels of all time now

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 20, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to beat Umineko tonight and I'm excited

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nobody every praised yiik

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Using Elisa lams tragic death as an impetus for the plot is one of the most inspiredly moronic decisions I've ever seen on a game. It's like they set out to make a game everyone would hate and succeeded beyond their wildest dreams

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

Nocturnes hd remaster has some interesting voice direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5WNJu84FXY

I've never in my entire existence felt more justified in my no voice acting stance

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Khanstant posted:

well what do y'all think the skeleton biker should sound like??

Completely loving silent like YHVH intended

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It feels like looking at a deepmind image, everything is just wrong, and the more you look the worse it gets

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

what is victoria i've never heard of it

One of the greatest games of all time. You get to build factories, exploit foreign countries and stare at demographics data for hundreds of hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know what the hell you people were talking about that Umineko doesn't have a good ending