Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Kerrzhe posted:

i bought and started pokemon snap and i gotta say this is very chill and cute :unsmith:

I was playing pokemon snap earlier and man. just felt like a kid again

just like, jumping in my seat at all the cool pokemon I can take pictures of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm American so I'm definitely used to the taste of Hershey's, but I seriously would not call it vomit flavored. If anything it just taste like...I dunno, cheap fast food chocolate? It's like the difference between cup ramen and an actual bowl of real ramen.

It's not terribly good chocolate either way.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I don't usually see flavored kit-kats in stores around me but if I'm really craving I can usually go to an asian mart and find some cool flavors

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not scared of the ocean and I'm not scared of big things, but for some reason big things in the ocean really upset my lizard brain, even in cutesy games like Beyond Good and Evil and Wind Waker.

I'm the same way. I think there's something about "hmmm this thing is big enough to eat me" mixed with "I can't move as well in the water" that causes panic.

Also frankly, I'm real bad with enemies that have an instant death attack that's some variant of swallowing you whole. Just...not a pleasant experience.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I said come in! posted:

In New Pokemon Snap, I usually have to do a route multiple times before I can unlock the next new route. Are my pictures that bad that i'm not scoring well enough to level up a route to level 2 the first time? What am I doing wrong?

My experience is that I usually either barely level up to research level 2 the first time, or miss it by a few thousand points. It's pretty tough.

For photos I've felt like generally, size is king. Because size can go up to 2,000 points and Positioning + Direction are 1,000 points each, usually my best photo is the biggest one. Oh, and of course it's generally a good idea to try out all your tools on a 'mon to see if you can get a different star picture.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 5, 2021

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My entire house fuckin screamed when wailord showed up

He's just so big

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

cheetah7071 posted:

I understand the impracticality of making bespoke animations for all nearly a thousand of the buggers but Snap really does make me love so many pokemon which I'm extremely lukewarm on in the main series, just by the animations alone

I didn't realize I liked Wurmple so much until New Pokemon Snap, but drat he's just so cute

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Kerrzhe posted:

like i got the perfect shot of pigeot grabbing the magikarp but it didn't loving count!! i've had that request for a while too

but i did figure out you can use the Dpad buttons to turn the camera around faster and man i wish i had known that sooner

Also I'm pretty sure it doesn't count if you fulfill the request before getting it, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

Mildly related, I feel like the professor is super picky about pose too. I've had a few pictures where the Pokemon is in like, the perfect pose, and Mirror just goes "What's this garbage? 200 points!"

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh is that considered "brown sauce"? I always think of that one Thai food sauce when someone mentions brown sauce.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Khanstant posted:

in what way does it end up being profitible? all of the boxes tend to show pretty grim libertarian landscapes

IIRC its pretty much all selling them as bioweapons and it must work pretty well because they got fancy laboratories

Also fwiw, Resident Evil 1-3 are all effectively the same outbreak and it does pretty effectively sink Umbrella as a corporation. The later Resident Evil games focus on smaller scale outbreaks and things that are pretty hard to tell that they're even zombies, really. Much less bad publicity, you know?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Wasn't SMT Online just a bad Mabinogi clone?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

cheetah7071 posted:

I drink cider because I don't like beer and cider is appropriate in all the same social contexts as beer

Yeah preach it

Cider's just got a great taste to it, pretty much all beer is gross and bitter

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Angry Orchard is definitely fine. And honestly, I'm a pretty big fan of their Rose, it's really good compared to other Angry Orchard flavors.

Past that like, all the stuff I like is local to my state. Ciderboys is a pretty strong brand though, they're mostly midwest but it looks like they've got some coastal locations too.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh, you know what? B. Nektar can be found in a lot of places around the US too. They're mostly mead but they've got plenty of good ciders too.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I liked how Yakuza 7 did it because alcohol it's usually a cheap and potent MP restorer but drinking too much gets you drunk, which is effectively confusion.

So it's like, you end up leaning on booze a bit but you don't want to go overboard and get too drunk. And once you're rich enough you can just kick your alcohol dependence entirely.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I mean, c'mon. It's Resident Evil

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I absolutely love this man

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Holy poo poo, "I was young, in love, and had a spare bomb!" Is a powerful line

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I disagree with your thoughts about the combat but thanks for the excuse to make yakisoba (pan)

Life comes at you fast

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My MMO of choice as of late is Guild Wars 2, partially because they've been running events leading up to the next expansion (which they're revealing info for mid-summer).

But also I just love how Guild Wars 2 plays, and how they're pretty committed to the whole "no vertical progression" thing.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I really like how GW2 plays and I'm looking forward to learning about the new expansion (especially the new elite specs). I probably stick with FFXIV more overall but I regularly come back to GW2 and it's always a good time. Mesmer and Elementalist (especially Weaver) are probably my favorite MMO classes I've ever played.

Elite specs are definitely one of the cooler things about GW2. I really appreciate how they're all effectively variations on a theme. Like, Thief is class focused on agility and stealth. So base thief is about what you would expect from a rogue class, but Daredevil emphasizes the agility and effectively is close to a monk with a staff. And Deadeye leans into stealth, but instead of a bog standard assassination rogue it's instead more of a "stealthy sniper" fantasy.

Oh, and I did find it really cool how some of the Elite Specs from the latest expansion were desert themed. Mesmer becoming a Mirage and Necromancer summoning sand shades as Scourge were both extremely awesome.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 17, 2021

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Harrow posted:

I appreciate that ESO has no class-based restrictions on what kind of armor you're allowed to wear, and as a result also has no limitations on what you can transmog. Want to wear all light armor but look like you're in full plate? Yeah, sure, go ahead, have fun.

This is honestly excellent and I really wish Guild Wars did that too. Like, the transmog options are pretty decent in GW2 but also at the same time it would be really cool to have my thief in robes for that "Monk with a Staff" aesthetic.

Also frankly, I don't like a lot of the medium armor sets and as a result he's been a pirate for like 5 years

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

I am playing etrian odyssey 4, just got to the 2nd land for the first time

What's your team look like?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Man that really reminds me of the Garden of Earthly Delights

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Guild Wars 2 was a fun levelling experience because you really are free to just run around and do whatever and level

Just about every single activity grants exp so you're free to just explore the maps and level up that way, or do a bunch of crafting to level if that's your thing

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Does it help any if I say that Iconoclasts is Good Gametm?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oxxidation posted:

the culture around fnaf is terrible but the games themselves are a great example of doing a lot with a little. each new entry has innovated on the basic concept in unique ways, and beyond the tedious lore associated with the series, the moment-to-moment writing (when it exists) has some excellent black humor

Legitimately love that the series spawned from Scott Cawthon reading criticism for his earlier games and going "Oh they think my characters look like creepy animatronics? I'll show them creepy animatronics"

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

A quick google is telling me that "Biomutant is a post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action."

I'm not really sure that even says anything tbh

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My favorite art is not art that I appreciate ironically therefore turning it into art

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

We've been asking that question for centuries, really

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Excited for Ohio's entry into Americavision. At my last job the guys who worked next door got in trouble for listening to rap on the radio because of too many n-bombs so they had to convert to country music, and for a solid week I heard nothing but songs like "Redneck Yacht Club," "Rednecker Than You," or my favorite song which I couldn't discern a title of about a guy in some sort of outdoor prison he couldn't escape because of the warden's hound dog so he called his cousin to bring up a hot girl dog for the warden's dog to gently caress so he could run away which is a weird length to go to considering in the fiction of the story the cousin also just has a car

Nice to see Loki still getting work in this day and age

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm playing through 428 Shibuya Scramble right now and hot drat, this poo poo is really good

I think I like VNs now? It's a genre I always gave a pass but I'm learning that there are some drat good VNs out there

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

aren't those the guys who did the hot dog water beer

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

CubeTheory posted:

I completed every mainline Final Fantasy that can be completed over the last couple years and I'm here to say this:
FF5 is the best one.

yeah

YEAH

I'm excited to run it again for the millionth time when the fiesta hits again

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The Pfizer shot practically didn't affect me, I only felt it when I tried to go for a walk and my body basically told me "alright champ I know you feel good but sit your rear end down I'm trying to work here"

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

PantsBandit posted:

As someone who has never played CK I'm curious, are you actually playing as a certain character or is it more like civ where you're running a dynasty?

It's kind of both, once your ruler dies you immediately start playing as their heir (and if you don't have an heir when you die, game over).

The real fun part is when you die, switch over to your heir, and see a message along the lines of "ah good, the assassination attempt on my father was successful!"

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

In theory Dragon's Dogma should be a game I like but I always super bounce off it in like, 2 or 3 hours

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh also, for that matter I hate when games do the whole "the stat ups you gain depend on what class you're playing" thing and Dragon's Dogma has that. Like, I know I could just play the game as whatever class I want and get through it just fine, but there's a voice in the back of my head going "But Arzaac you're wasting stat points why aren't you levelling as Assassin for maximum attack?"

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Rarity posted:

gently caress I missed Wario Kirb? :negative: I don't suppose you saved it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Rarity posted:

For reals though a real Marvel MMO would be awesome. New York as your main quest area, expansions set in like the Negative Zone and the Savage Land and Atlantis and the like. You could mine decades of content there

Marvel Heroes... :negative: