Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hi. Videogames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Is it baffling? Seems pretty standard for teenagers to look at retro stuff to find something cool and different.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

hatty posted:

Wow a bad list from top to bottom

Try reading it from bottom to top then.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Propaganda Hour posted:

Interesting data on the free games from Epic Game Store.

https://twitter.com/simoncarless/status/1389297530341519362?s=19

"Entitlements" are the number of copies redeemed by customers, if you're wondering. That's a steal for Epic.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hahaha, oh yeah, if you want to talk candy in general as a whole, the US isn't even in the top 10 of disgusting candy, and that includes (so-called) chocolate.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

stev posted:

Presumably if the service is closed the games people paid for on top of the monthly sub just disappear forever?

They never really owned them to begin with, heh.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Tim Cook and Apple in general could not care less about games too.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That's not really what the article says, but whatever.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I said come in! posted:

This is true. Blizzard has put Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, and Diablo III into maintenance mode. Overwatch 2, Diablo Immortal, and Diablo IV are all in development hell cycles where they have disappeared.

lol what? There were huge updates on each of these at Blizcon just barely. Immortal is in beta testing (and being well received, but betas often are).

Kerrzhe posted:

the only things keeping them alive are WoW Classic and Shadowlands, and thats barely. i don't think diablo immortal is going to do well at all.

Immortal is going to do just fine. I dunno if it'll be enough to satisfy the thirst of Kotick and the shareholders, but it will be a success by any sane business metrics, I'm sure.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Haha, no one will ever be allowed to make a sports game that isn't directly tied in to and subject to the final approval of the major sports leagues unless there's Mario and Princess Peach in it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Humans eat Pokemon too, it's canon already.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm pretty sure the 360 started to turn a profit at the end of its life. But yeah, consoles rarely if ever turn a profit on hardware. I think only Nintendo focuses on trying to make that happen.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Starfox 64 3DS version is pretty good, actually.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

TurboTax lobbies the US government to kill tax law reform so it remains complicated and they can continue to sell people TurboTax so gently caress them. The IRS already knows how much everyone owes and they could just send you an itemized bill but lol.

I just pay a local dude to do ours; at least I'm supporting a professional in the neighborhood.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Warm apple cider is good. Wassail is better.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Mix. posted:

i refuse to get excited for this because the last time a jet set radio reboot was floated it was killed on the spot, but

https://www.ign.com/articles/sega-considering-crazy-taxi-jet-set-radio-reboots-and-working-on-a-super-game

maybe the video games industry will smile upon me once more

There's also this one with the original JSR composer: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1353230/Bomb_Rush_Cyberfunk/

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Titanfall 2 and Mirror's Edge are like my posts: awful to mediocre

I don't get this joke because both of those games are pretty good to great. :confused:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Plenty of disdain and horror to go around, tbh.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I did regular streaming of 3d art for a hot minute and was able to reach affiliate, but man it's stressful and I find it difficult to design projects that both interest me and are also well suited for streaming to an audience. Craft videos and the like on YouTube have a good story arc and satisfying conclusion with the result at the end, and it's hard to capture that for single streams and then chain those together in a larger arc over the course of a dozen or so streams. Also a lot of 3d art is struggling and googling solutions, sitting there frustrated and thinking, or doing tedious but necessary poo poo, lol.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Walla posted:

Re: Streaming

I haven't found a stream or YouTube commentator I like yet. I never used to consider myself some kind of audiophile but I've found that a poorly miked stream will hurt my ears more than nails on a chalkboard ever could and most streams are not miked properly. And the ones that are miked well are usually run by puffed up douchebags and with all of the recent scandals coming out about YouTube personalities just kind of turns me off of the whole medium.

I do enjoy a lightly commented LP though and I'm fascinated by speedruns.

Gonna once again vouch for Vinny from Vinesauce. His streams are chill, weird, and he's not an rear end in a top hat. Sunday night streams are often filled with really weird, obscure, old, or terrible games and can be a lot of fun.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

homeless snail posted:

didn't he get Cancelled

I hadn't heard so I googled. I can't vouch for any of that poo poo. Do your own googling and decide what you think, I guess. I can't keep track anymore.

There have been a few instances now of online groups forming to accuse streamers/YouTubers of things just to try to gently caress with them that turn out to be not true, not really the full picture, or imo not anything. Not saying this is one of those, and I'm gonna poke around some more, but google anyone who gets mentioned and decide for yourself, I guess.

I'll just stop recommending poo poo to people entirely, lol.

mutata fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 18, 2021

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

These rival groups trying to take down popular streamers via sex pest allegations seems to be a new developing trend as I saw at least one other similar situation in the past year.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Thankfully it's just their golf balls, I think.

Edit: Oh, no, at least Bowser and Pauline are physically there, you're right.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

stev posted:

It's wild that the allegations against him barely made an impression next to everything else people said about the company. What a disgusting cesspit.

e: And I'd be amazed if BG&E ever made it beyond a vague prototype stage. The snippets they showed off were clearly nothing more than a sandbox full of assets - there's no game there and never will be.

Yeah, the gameplay they showed was hilariously sparse on literally everything (gameplay, art, mechanics, design, concept, everything). It was like running one of those benchmark tech demo scenes where the camera flies around a single scene with butterflies following a set path and going "This is our new open world AAA game where you can be a bounty hunter or a farmer or a sci-fi housewife and by the way, see those mountains over there? YOU CAN GO TO THEM".

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There's nothing more boring in art than the discussion about what is and isn't art.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Simone Magus posted:

Actually there is something more boring! It's kramering into an innocent navel gazy convo with the opinion "the discussion you're having is literally the worst discussion you can have, bro"

Like I dunno if you fully realize how obnoxious it can be when people do that

Oh for sure, man, whatever you say. Thanks for Kramering in with your useless critique on my completely innocuous comment in the general chat thread. Guess we're both boring obnoxious assholes.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Zil posted:

I mean both of you are goons, so really didn't need to be said tbh.

It's a Games Chat Thread tradition!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

i'm the most boring person in here you fascinating fucks

The gauntlet has been thrown.

(See? This was the most boring possible reply to your post.)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Sorry, my response was indeed overwrought, but I wasn't trying to be clever with my original comment either. I don't think it really warranted being called out in such a rude way as if I was being some kind of idiot for expressing my opinion in a conversation of opinions on a general topic thread. So yeah, sorry, but also sheesh.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ehhh ok. I see I made the classic blunder of posting. I'll try not to make the same mistake again.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Rarity posted:

I stopped playing video games because I started a new project of attempting to read every Marvel comic ever :negative:

How many are there?

Edit: Their Marvel online subscription, do they even have 100% of the comics they ever made on there? That's pretty interesting. I never even considered trying to read ALL OF MARVEL'S CATALOG.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Rarity posted:

There are currently a bit over 50,000 stories (many comics have more than 1 story). In the last 3 months I've read 1715 stories which is 3.4% and I'm in the summer of 1944, this is definitely doable :downs:

Jesus.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

lol even Sonic livestreams are full of hilarious bugs!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Spermando posted:

Sony stream: Literally a screensaver
Sonic stream: Fursuit Sonic throwing a hammer

The HZD stream announcement said that the gameplay reveal would be at 2pm PT.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They should've named him Girns.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Rinkles posted:

Happy birthday FAK, this is the oldest you've ever been!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdIRrmNN_CQ&t=28s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Yeah Dream. Did anyone get to try the Dream burger? There was one in nearby city but my curiosity at eating weird oddities ends after 15 minutes drive max.
So Games posters are Journalists too?

Was that related to Mr Beast Burger? Because those kinds of pop up fast food are generally online only. They license their brand and menu out to other local restaurants who actually make the food and deliver via Door Dash etc.