Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That’s like 1/4 capacity so it’s fine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Just going through the article links that’s what one of the complaints was. At one point the command had ordered that an F-15 remain fueled and ready to fly low over the George Floyd protests. The person filing the complaint said that plane was fueled and ready just as ordered.

Seems excessive.

One thing I’m curious about if a pilot did the malicious compliance interpretation of an order to fly over the crowd and did it at <250 kias and >1000ft to comply with FAA regulations regarding congested areas how loud would it have been?

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 2, 2021

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Helicopters are actually exempt from those regulations.

edit: I should say they’re exempt from the hard 1000ft AGL thing. The helicopters were not being operated safely so would violate the reg.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 3, 2021

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

My office is right next to a park and ride for express buses into the city. I live in the city. There are no buses out to the park and ride in the mornings and only one from the park and ride to the city in the afternoon.

American transit outside of the northeast corridor and I guess Chicago is so weird.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

I have found what I believe is the only Hardee's/Carl Jr's in existence that does not have their curly fries. Franchise owner does not carry them, at all.

Also Popeye's got rid of their Cajun rice across the entire chain. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

The popeyes 2 blocks from my house has stickers covering half of the sides part of the menu. I guess they needed more chicken sandwich production line space or something.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Terrifying Effigies posted:

https://twitter.com/Marco_Langbroek/status/1390956042029260804/photo/1

Enjoying the direct passes over San Diego, Dallas, DC/Baltimore, Madrid, Barcelona, Istanbul, Riyadh, Karachi, Lahore, Bangalore, Santiago...

Chicago and the bay area too I think?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It probably broke up over the Indian ocean, there are a lot of videos of the rocket on twitter from the middle east.

https://twitter.com/Skitt0608/status/1391221837003038722
https://twitter.com/walidbarahmeh/status/1391214973272068097

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Isn't horse racing just a way for rich people to legally launder money, just like art?

Maybe, its mainly a way to set money on fire. Through the magic of syndicates you too can probably afford to set money on fire through thoroughbred ownership!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fun fact, if you (or well, your parents) own (a fraction of) a broodmare from like january to march in Kentucky you can invite yourself into some absolutely ridiculous "sales events" for stallions. Yes, we are very interested in this stallion, just keep bringing the pappy and billing it to the random UAE princeling that owns the place. (it may make you stop wondering if you will inherit anything)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sacrist65 posted:

We out her reusing bags while they park like this at the Kentucky Derby.

https://www.atlanticaviation.com/news/atlantic-breaks-records-at-derby

You should see LEX during the Keeneland sale. I can't really seem to find a good picture but imagine that except with BBJs and 747s.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Anyone who's ever played an RTS has a moment where they see a golden opportunity and a fat target and gotten a boner that could lift a desk.

What the gently caress is a squirrel gun

Presumably the .30 cal machine guns opposed to a .50?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

85MW seems hilariously small for a coal plant that's what like 2 gas turbines or a couple dozen windmills?

The most common ones are 2 or 3 MW so yeah like 3-4 dozen.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1391913617369575425?s=19

Back to the topic at hand, please don't lie to your health care professionals. Especially your mental health people because you just make my job harder to discharge you home and I only want to make sure you don't get impulsive while dealing with SI thought and move from without plan to plan to attempt to completed

That still sounds like a “Would you like to forfeit $1000+ in assets” question.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Um...
https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1392197029355470848

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Commoners posted:

That is some of the worst wording I've seen in a while.

They know what they did.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cugel the Clever posted:

I mean, it's been fully seized for years, they just save resources by delegating day-to-day governance in majority Palestinian areas to the local, non-sovereign Palestinian Authority.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11614054/

This is a good film about how impossible it is to govern in those areas.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

The infrastructure wasn’t actually compromised, the billing system for the infrastructure was so they shut it all down instead of risking someone getting away with fuel they hadn’t properly paid for.

The billing system probably also indicated where the gas was supposed to go in the first place so they really probably couldn’t operate without it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fknlo posted:

I assume that guy is super hosed?

quote:

(2) with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or other disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;
(3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.

(b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct."

:thunk:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Bunch of people are saying that before Israel bombed that media building, and the apartment building, that they did "roof knocking" and actually called the residents to tell them to evacuate? Apparently "roof knocking" is where they drop an inert object on the roof as a warning so everyone inside evacuates. Is this pro Israel bullshit or is this actually a thing? It sounds plausible but also sounds like it could be BS.

Yes they do those things.

If you hate those people you can jump straight to asking if Kristallnacht was fine because hey they weren’t sending everyone to death camps yet!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

We're jacked up but the chances of hyperinflation are like, crazy low. Not impossible but it's super loving unlikely.

Hyperinflation is a central bank policy that has to be implemented. Usually because you need to deficit spend by printing a currency nobody wants.

The US however is deficit spending with a currency everyone wants. T-bills are still at 0, 30 year bonds at 2.375%. https://www.treasurydirect.gov/instit/annceresult/annceresult.htm

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Nixon shock was in response to just 5.84% annual inflation according to Wikipedia. The worst of stagflation was up to 13%. (Way too many numbers here: https://inflationdata.com/articles/inflation-cpi-consumer-price-index-1970-1979/ )

We have a long way to go to hyperinflation!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

He continues his thread here:
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1393262971195854856

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Has Israel ever elaborated on “weapon caches”? For example a Qassam rocket is made from plumbing pipe, nails, springs, fertilizer and sugar. They can claim any building has rocket components.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Worth adding that this was preplanned by Israel, France, and Britain. It had been agreed that Britain and France would step in and “restore peace” in a way that consolidated Israeli gains.

It was very transparently corrupt and that’s how the opposing superpowers end up on the same side, denouncing it.

I’ve read Dulles actually wanted them to succeed but wanted to not push the entire Middle East into the Soviet’s sphere of influence. An astronomical failure of foreign policy if true b

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If they successfully use an insanity defense like this then wouldn't they serve a lot more time in custody?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

quote:

A few minutes later, the defendant’s attorney noticed him pulling at his collar. “What the hell are you doing?” the lawyer asked, a witness to the scene recounted to WDAY News.

That’s when blood started gushing from his neck.
“He had slit his neck with some object. There was blood all over the walls in the courtroom, and the Marshals had wrestled him to the floor,” the witness told WDAY. “You could hear him screaming, ‘I can’t breathe.’”

The FBI confirmed to the Associated Press that the defendant died in the courtroom after cutting his own throat with an unknown object.

:shrug:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

I got out of Bitcoin relatively early. Please explain Tether to someone who understands the role and functions of Magic The Gathering Exchange Dot Com.

Imagine if instead of doing nothing wrong Mark Karpeles had MtGox only let you sell bitcoins for his own personal cryptocurrency which he pinky swore was backed 1:1 with US dollars in a bank account on some island somewhere.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

“Luxury” just means new construction/renovation in real estate.

And even then they just kind of leave the name forever.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

He probably had a backup island that he and Bill Gates are chilling on.

Melinda divorcing Bill at least partially because of Epstein is somehow both surprising and extremely unsurprising to me.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Diamond Joe will never federally legalize weed or even re-schedule it. He's based far too much of his political capital and life on being "tough on drugs crime."

The Democrats need to get with the times even new paradox games are getting rid of mana.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fragrag posted:

Are there any golf course designs that are adapted to local conditions? Do you really always need so much grass and greenery to make a golf course?

Of course, there are the original golf courses in Scotland. You know, the ones that everyone else’s golf course has to copy…

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The first one reads like it was dictated by Belarus security while holding the aircrew hostage.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

lacross is the one where is basically soccer, but on horses, right? because the sports where the barrier of entry is "can afford to own and take care of a horse" are the main ones I am thinking about

thats polo. lacross is soccer with a baseball and nets on hockey sticks.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Torrannor posted:

I have no idea how baseball is played (beyond the obvious like "hit the ball" and "run around the 5(?) plates"). So I decided to look it up in news articles and I still absolutely don't understand what happened, except that Will Craig is apparently at fault, having made some of the worst mistakes in baseball history.

https://twitter.com/3yearletterman/status/1397971533847539713?s=21

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

gently caress that guy.

"Showstopping umpire" ruining kids games. Exactly the kind of rear end in a top hat that drives kids away.

:ssh:

(That’s sports Twitter’s getfiscal)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

He’s trying to say she’s equal to MLK by quoting the U2 song right.

Please tell me that’s not what he’s trying to do.