Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

stealie72 posted:

Especially since Nissan is a leading provider of milquetoast automobiles.

I see about 1 nissan ad a day. Literal drop in the bucket.

I see the same VW commercial (tiguan on a runway w/ 3 other brands) just about every commercial break on comedy central. Sometimes twice. I flip over to CC around 7am (cartoons) and leave it run in the background until the office starts. I've probably seen that VW ad over 100 times this week.

I'm also sick of the Chris Stapleton Dodge ads (cause he's a ram, yes he am). Not really digging his new release anyhow, which is a shame because Traveller was so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I still prefer the diverging diamond, if only because some rear end in a top hat will always gently caress it up and slam into oncoming traffic.

I hate driving through Kansas, probably going to pass through it this summer unless I detour around.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

SquirrelyPSU posted:

The whole point of the diverging diamond is to lessen the possibility of that. You'd have to drive over a curb.

"Ain't no curb gonna stop my illiterate rear end with my big pickup, woo!"

The one time I saw someone go the wrong way on the one here in the Springs (Fillmore exit), it was an absolutely ancient guy that was probably legally blind in a decade or so old truck. DDs are well designed but you're still gonna have the ancients who refuse to follow the signage because "that's the wrong side of the road! (dry fart)."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, you switch sides before like, an overpass.

They're seriously really good at cutting down traffic jams at interstate junctions.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

boop the snoot posted:

Or you could just build a single road at a time without considering any future roads which eventually leads to a bunch of merging traffic every half a mile.

Getting strong Denver vibes. Like, I-25 north of the 225 split, just an endless parade of exits and onramps until you get to I-70. And that's a goddamn mess too. Love to drop from 75 to 15 to not slam into the barriers at the exit.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

not caring here posted:

And this is what happens when your driver education and testing is about on par with giving away driver's licenses in a crackerjack box.

I had a hard rear end for a driving tester at the DMV. It was a low population county and everyone got him as a teenager for like, a 30 year stretch. He was the type that would put his coffee on the dash and if you spilled a drop, you'd see him again in a week.

I'd been driving cars on the farm since I was 12, tractors at 13, grain trucks at 14. I failed twice. Once because the sidewalk was icy and someone fell on their rear end trying to walk by as I was doing a 3 point, weren't even in the way.

I took my third test in a different county, larger population, sailed right through because I could parallel park.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I realize this is about the revolutionary war, but my mind always breaks when I watch it and I expect a civil war commercial where southerners are driving their dodges to the battlefield to fight chevys and fords, but have a factory recalled part fail along the way and they lose because only half their people show. Maybe that's a commercial for ford or chevy to make in response.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Take acetaminophen damnit.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Fever is why I was told take tylenol.

I didn't even quit smoking weed for the shot. Went home, smoked, napped, played video games. But J&J, not a two shotter. Arm was meh for a day or so.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Be careful not to go knocking women into their periods just by being around them.

/\ thank you that's much more thorough than the nurse who just said "no ibuprofen."

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 1, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Its like the beginning of Mars Attacks! where they kill everyone of importance because they are in the same room.

I wish mars attacks would happen, but noOoOo, we can't have the head of Sarah Jessica Parker on a chihuahua.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
This forum has the backseat of a vista cruiser. Or one of those VA transport shuttles.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Truly the great divide of the sexes: poop jokes.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't think I've listened to anything of his thoroughly since coma black or whatever it was called around 2001. Holy wood? I tried listening to him again about a decade ago, but he just seemed to be fighting to stay relevant. His reign truly was the late 90s, when parents were making GBS threads their pants over Lunchbox.

E: wow that's hosed up. Hope she takes him to the cleaners.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 2, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It happened a decade ago. What's the statutes of limitations for charges relevant to the accusation? I guess it'd be California since that's where it happened.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Platystemon posted:

When does their part-time legislature recess again?

May 31st

Lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
So long as Cruz OwNs ThE lIbS he'll always have a seat because texans hate critical thinking and themselves.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
All those empty office buildings in the cities really needed their lights on instead of residential neighborhoods. How nice of Texas infrastructure to think of their fellow corporations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stravag posted:

It's been a few years so i could be misremembering the point

This is a pretty good interpretation. But it's also about South Park, so don't go making your brain burn over a cartoon that's largely just "the most ridiculous outcome comes home to roost." Also since they pull so heavily from pop culture, if you really need to know what the point of a character was, you have to remember what happened at the time.

That miniseries was mostly about the gulf BP oil spill, when everyone was wringing hands about it because how to fix it. And yes I watch too many cartoons. Can't help my love for Towelie.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

boop the snoot posted:

To be fair, 2015 to 2020 was pretty much “the most ridiculous outcomes come home to roost”

Yeah. Keep in mind that South Park is just a fun house mirror for society. How seriously you take it is just a reflection on yourself.

They don't have all the answers, so maybe just have a laugh and get your political opinions from something more substantial.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Like Ancient Aliens, South Park definitely still works well with the "get stoned, watch stupid poo poo" line of comedy.

We're just tired of satire because it's loving everywhere you look now. It's a race to the bottom between reality and television.

This is why we have Bob's Burgers. To cleanse the soul with lighthearted comedic fluff, instead of being pounded with irony. See also the Great North. King of the Hill, too.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 3, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The Taste of Chicago isn't until like, July, and what the gently caress does it have to do with White Castle? Did they start selling slider hot dogs?

White Castle isn't even like, a thing, in Illinois. Yeah, it's there, but with no more fanfare than anywhere else. They didn't start there.

Oh, Florida. Just saw Orlando.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I love white castle burgers, but not enough to wait more than maybe 10 minutes for an order.

We don't have white castles in Colorado, so until I go 1000+ miles either east or west, it's freezer burgers for me. Toss a sliced pickle on it fresh out the microwave and it's 95% there, just light on the onions.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll wait on trying In-n-Out. It's been a while since they opened here, but they made the news because like, 80% of their staff at all locations had covid.

On second thought, I'll just stick to what I know and like already. If they're fine with making their employees handle food while sick with a pandemic virus, they're probably fine with them not keeping up with hygiene on the job.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zamujasa posted:

Oddly, I like the frozen microwave sliders more than the real ones.

The big difference is the amount of onions and the lack of pickle. Pickle doesn't freeze/reheat well.

I love onions these days. If they could put a packet of onions in with their freezer burgers, it'd really close the deal for me to buy way more often than I should.

The jalapeno ones are really good, but I see them about once a year and only at the biggest walmart with a huge freezer section.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Krystals: southern white castle.

Didn't they go under recently or was that just a franchise owner tanking?

Afaik white castle doesn't do poo poo when they open a new store. It'd be a line of drunk drivers and they can't have all their customers getting DUIs in one night.

E: I will give Krystals credit with the chick. A fried chicken slider really goes well with a night of binge drinking.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 3, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

White Castle is absolute dogshit and Popeyes has the better chicken sandwich. That being said CFA has the best fries followed by Wendys.

That's an appropriate avatar.

Krystal Chicks are just small chicken sandwiches, of course they're not superior to Popeye's. But Popeye's isn't open when the bars close, so they rule themselves out of the drunk, mini-food trend for drunks.

Fries are fries. If you're hung up thinking any chain is better than the other, it doesn't matter, it's still starch crisped in oil and salted. Waffle cut doesn't mean poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I realize everyone is going to have an opinion that differs with fries, so be it.

But yeah, S&S does have bad fries. Always soggy as hell unless you eat them immediately. That's more of a packaging issue though, nowhere for the heat to go means soggy fries. Good patty melt though.

I grew up on cottage fries. Never seen those at a fast food joint. Like a thick potato chip.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My entire arm felt the J&J shot immediately but that waned over an hour to a dull ache. Enjoy your 5g nanobots that are harvested from dead baby stem cells.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
White Castle is garbage, I'm not denying that, but I'm not lining up in Orlando. I just prefer it over Krystals, but we didn't have those in Illinois when I was a kid, just WC.

And how you eat your potatoes is your business.

That said, Sonic tots are the worst fast food potato. :colbert:

/\ the gently caress, popeye's? Was that part of the deal with the devil for the perfect fast food chicken sandwich? Did he also get their southern lady from the commercials?

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 3, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

fknlo posted:

There's this diner in my old neighborhood in KC that makes burgers and tots that remind me of what I thought Sonic tasted like as a kid. It's so good.

I ate at a lot of small farm town diners and truckstops as a kid, it wasn't common to have fast food, maybe once a month or every other week in the summer. There were no Sonics there at the time, just a handful of A&W drive-ins, which are now long dead.

Sonic definitely changed somewhere along the way, because I remember really liking their food about 15 years ago. I don't know what they did (expand at a hilarious pace) but they've definitely gone downhill.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

maffew buildings posted:

He's also a former crackhead who went ultra Jesus to get clean and that kind of transferring of one life and brain destroying addiction for another usually doesn't end well, so he might bankrupt himself sooner than later

Don't worry, he'll be curled up next to a crack pipe again once Dominion has his money.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

facialimpediment posted:

They should do more of this kind of thing. Anything that loving works.

I think the best I've ever felt after the military was after taking shrooms a few times in 2009. Took them a few times over the summer, coasted straight through winter, started hitting deep potholes again the next spring. Nothing could keep me down for like, 6 months. I'm loving terrible about pills, give me shrooms once every few months in a chill space with good music and I'll work a few kinks out.

Dear VA,

please send me 3g of dried psilocybin mushrooms every 3 months and keep the pharmaceutical anti-depressants.

Yours,

Crusty

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't trust the acid going around to actually be acid. Shrooms are pretty available, comparably, because you can just grow them in a bin under a bed.

Shrooms are outdoors only for me. Park me next to a stream or river in late afternoon and let me talk to the birds. Not a fan of breathing walls.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

boop the snoot posted:

God drat it I need to just move to Colorado already

Rent everywhere here is jumping, even in noted shitholes like Pueblo. It's pretty much $1k+/mo minimum for a studio/1br out here, emphasis on the +.

But it's awesome as hell out here so it's worth it. Springs is actually more chill than its' reputation.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MonkeyWash posted:

If the VA there hadn't nearly killed me I'd move back.

It's been decent to me. Now Memphis, that VA doesn't give a poo poo if you rot in the ER waiting room.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The Memphis VA story is me sitting in there with back pain, worse than usual. The local news station was on, the kind that repeats every 30 minutes. One of their main stories that day was 3 veterans dying waiting in the VA ER over the prior year. I watched that loop for 6+ hours, line never moved, no one was being triaged. There were no doctors working the ER that night.

I stormed out, bought a bottle of bourbon and drank the pain away for a few days. gently caress Memphis and their VA.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Do stores that sell grills down there not sell gas at the store too? If I go to Home Depot, I can buy gas or charcoal grills, and appropriate fuel, in one stop. If I go to walmart, I can buy the beef and chicken, in addition to the grill/fuel (walmart can suck my balls).

I mean, the propane tanks are stored out front in cages, charcoal is just on a pallet in an aisle or on an endcap.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

McNally posted:

Arthur Johnson

Oh man, I'm familiar with him, how his rear end is still there is a goddamn mystery. Did have a decent psychiatrist there, Wolf, maybe? She was nice, but very into turquoise and southwestern motifs.

I've ceded Memphis to the ex-wife, she can have it. The place is just misery wrapped in racism, wrapped in a wet blanket on a 100°F day. Haven't woke up with a sweat-filled rear end crack since I left. That's reason enough to never go back right there.

Platystemon posted:

You really pay for convenience with those.

Refilling at a site with a bulk tank is way cheaper.

I kinda figured as much, but I've never owned a gas grill, or had the need for a tank of propane bigger than a handheld torch size.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Not VA but I'd kill for local news. If I see one more slickly produced ad detailing a healthy recipe or celebrity doctor or medicine ad, I'm going to have a public fit

Bad news, then, Gray just bought like, 100 more stations.

Local news is dead.