Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
April thread is better.

Day 2 after Moderna. Arm hurts and I just feel kind of off. I don’t really have any describable symptoms except maybe a little lethargic feeling (and the sore arm).

When do I sprout my antennae?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think once you get to talking about roundabouts you’re caught in the matrix time loop and something needs to happen to pull you out of it. You do not have the will power.

Roundabouts rule though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah, you switch sides before like, an overpass.

They're seriously really good at cutting down traffic jams at interstate junctions.

Or you could just build a single road at a time without considering any future roads which eventually leads to a bunch of merging traffic every half a mile.

When DC becomes a state they need to make sure it stands for Doin’ Construction in the constitution.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Not really a current event but this video on the most important moment in baseball history came out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLIFJA6JtsI

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My driving test was in an empty parking lot and the guy said treat it like I’m driving around an empty parking lot and then failed me for not using signals.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Wow so the side effects on the second moderna have an 18 hour delay it seems.

This sucks.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I have a bunch of edibles that will knock me out if it gets too terrible.

It just kind of snuck up on me. I thought i was in the clear since I felt fine all day and next thing I know I’m shivering under a blanket but also hot at the same time because fevers are a cruel son of a bitch.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I have this radical theory that if we dumped almost every single tax dollar into education, it would start a domino effect that would solve every other problem we have in this stupid country.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Is Texas fixing their power grid?

Shouldn’t people be doing something about that before more people die?

I made a big stink about how it’s going to happen again when it was going on and was told that I’m being insensitive to the situation.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Expecting a GOP governing body to fix anything without demanding it through direct action and protesting is pretty fruitless.

We know Texas has a liability with their power grid. We know that people will die if they don’t fix it.

At what point is inaction by citizens a liability that can be called out?

People should be demanding it gets fixed RIGHT NOW. But they aren’t because....?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’m not trying to start a flame war but it really annoys me that saying citizens need to spring into action and start demanding things from their government gets written off as victim blaming.

1) I don’t want people in Texas to die. 2) The government doesn’t care. You can’t reconcile these two things without getting accused of victim blaming.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This is a pretty good interpretation. But it's also about South Park, so don't go making your brain burn over a cartoon that's largely just "the most ridiculous outcome comes home to roost." Also since they pull so heavily from pop culture, if you really need to know what the point of a character was, you have to remember what happened at the time.

That miniseries was mostly about the gulf BP oil spill, when everyone was wringing hands about it because how to fix it. And yes I watch too many cartoons. Can't help my love for Towelie.

To be fair, 2015 to 2020 was pretty much “the most ridiculous outcomes come home to roost”

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

FrozenVent posted:

Gases are a pain in the rear end.

Am in 30s. Can confirm.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It annoys me that half of those people probably wouldn’t line up for a line half that long for a vaccine.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I miss steak and shake.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A&W was my first corn dog nugget experience and for that, I thank them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Remember when we couldn’t have multi page derails about stupid poo poo without the president tweeting the dumbest poo poo you’ve ever heard?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Notahippie posted:

Bill Gates is gonna do that thing where divorced middle aged guys get publicly real weird about their sex life and I don't know if I'm going to be able to deal with it.

Hope ur not vaxxed then

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

poo poo pillows must've really sold over time if Mike's blowing this much on private cloud server/services.

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1389255156194320384

You could’ve built his website for $14.95.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The military’s regular helicopter crashes do not give me a great feeling about military iron man suits.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Have the forums been incredibly slow for anyone else for the last several days

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Harambe did nothing wrong.

I will not be taking questions or responding to comments.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Pop the molly I’m sweatin

WOOOH!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

RFC2324 posted:

I love that denver... de-enforced? shrooms. You can buy them from bartenders now

God drat it I need to just move to Colorado already

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

He’s definitely going to blog about this.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Sorry our machine ate your baby. Here’s a half assed apology and a donation to something. We will have our lawyers contact you about a settlement.

Click here for the latest Peloton deals.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1390114275621056512?s=21

“I see too many homeless people on my way to my private jet”

gently caress you and I hope you get engine failure mid flight you assholes.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
General strike when

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The biggest benefit for me with WFH is I can spend 16 hours doing my 8 hour day if I want.

At the office there’s a lot of distractions but the biggest distraction is “always look busy. Always. ALWAYS!!!!!!”

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Eason the Fifth posted:

I might be one of the shitheads the website is making fun of, but I think it's always best to send a "Have a second?" note before I drop the question in case they're broadcasting.

Hell no man I play Russian roulette with it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
That’s where you’re all messed up dude.

I’m Don.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The army class As are nicer that the dress blues. Mostly because for some reason I find the blue pants plus black jacket combination god awful for a formal dress.

The class As were a decent color green and matched.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The president of the company my wife used to work at once referred to reply-all as “gangbanging the company.”

We had one particular reply all that hosed a lot of people and got two employees fired so

Gangbanging can be apt.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

FrozenVent posted:

See also “grocery stores and restaurants can’t give away the food they’re throwing away because a homeless person might sue if they get sick.”

This has never happened, and grocery stores love to sell discounted stuff that’s about to expire, that doesn’t seem to scare them.

Publix throws all their stuff in the trash at the end of the day. Even the fresh cooked stuff from the deli.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don’t hear about the VA getting sued all the time (maybe it does get sued a lot and I don’t hear about it) and the VA is one of the most negligent hospital systems I’ve ever seen because of the sheer amount of work and lack of budget.

Seems ripe for lawsuits.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
NO SUCH THING AS A BAD JOB I say as I’m offering you $12.75/hr for you to survive on.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bengy81 posted:

I think that would require someone (Politicians and billionaires, not the working masses) to acknowledge food and housing are things people have a right to.

If it forces people to work for piss poor wages then they will absolutely make that concession.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bulletsponge13 posted:

I had similar lovely views when I was younger, because I was raised with the belief that good work ethic and determination will make you a millionaire.

We called this “the American dream” when I was growing up and it might be one of the most effective pieces of propaganda ever created.

Maybe it was relevant before boomers pulled the ladder up though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just got a notification on my phone that we have achieved the earliest named tropical storm on record

So the summer is probably going to be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My step dad essentially rescued me and my mother out of poverty and now she’s a die hard chud who thinks she shouldn’t have to help anyone and it’s probably one of the most frustrating evolutions of personality in my entire family.