Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

boop the snoot posted:

To be fair, 2015 to 2020 was pretty much “the most ridiculous outcomes come home to roost”

I feel like 2015 was probably the last time I actually thought about actively seeking out that show to watch since the style of comedy just doesn’t work like it used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

PeterCat posted:

Tara Reade has a better case than Christine Ford did.

Boy howdy I would love to know what you mean by this

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Wasabi the J posted:

In-n-out is branded in red blooded Americans, run by people who hide bible verses on wrappers, and staffed largely by suburban kids (in my experiences) so I'm sure there's at least a correlation there. .

They’re also the only fast food chain that historically doesn’t treat their line workers like completely expendable garbage which is unusual, I haven’t followed them during the pandemic though.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I was looking for powershell info on a very niche thing and the only video was a guy who opened “WHATS UP MY CYBER NINJAS” and I refused to watch on principle even though it probably cost me half an hour of figuring it out myself. Worth every minute.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

In Louisiana almost all hate crime charges were for being “anti-police” after a hate crimes legislations passed there.

Fun fact

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

If you’re a hacker group you want a reputation of being both capable and willing to honor your word, that’s basically the only reason they have to follow through

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The real story besides rich people finding reasons to be mad is hyperinflation and insanely low interest rates for a decade plus now so our economy is going to poo poo the bed even harder and really see if we can go full failed state in the next decade since last time wasn’t close enough

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

What’s the what?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

My understanding is that people are starting to anticipate hyperinflation which means buying assets and paying off debt.

I’m no economy man though

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Ah I guess I’ve heard some non goldbugs talking about looming hyperinflation being a concern this time around to explain why number is going up during the pandemic despite there being no economic recovery, probably a lot more complicated than that.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

That’s an interesting perspective on the ACE thing and SEALs. There’s definitely something to that.

I went through a pretty good chunk of BUD/S and while the mast majority of the people are from relatively privileged backgrounds it seems like they were running from something, and after talking to a few fiends that both “made it” and didn’t make it I think all of us have insane anxiety issues. You have to be running from something to want to stay on the mental razors edge you have to be. I didn’t realize just how hosed my mental state was until I quit and decompressed for a couple days. I only did it for a year I can’t imagine doing it for 2 and a half and then going to war over and over.

It’s basically designed to find anxiety ridden type A people and turn them into death squads to be set loose in the third world.

Also PED use is basically a given, half my class was on something and all but a few of the officers were juiced.

See: https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/4/16/18251646/modern-monetary-theory-new-moment-explained
[/quote]

Thanks!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I wonder how the Army SF compares to BUD/S, we didn't have any former Green Berets or 18X drops but we had an ex-MARSOC dude and a European equivalent to Army SF, they said it was pretty different, maybe not *quite* as deranged as the way BUD/S classes cannibalize themselves. I thought it was funny when I saw some clips of that old BUD/S documentary where students get told to chill after assaulting one of the officers for ducking boat, either the culture was COMPLETELY different or that was entirely a show for the cameras. Things get much, much worse than that every single boats and logs and it's strongly encouraged to purge the weak members of the class.

One of my friends told me the European dude apparently right after I quit just got up and said "dis es stoopid em out" which was apparently pretty funny kinda bummed I missed that.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Depends where you are in the South. Despite the history nowadays the south has a lot of pockets where even in the rural areas it’s kinda blue, more in the moderate country black voter kinda sense.

Me and a friend from the sticks in the Midwest were way out in the sticks in Virginia and there’s a lot of extremely rural areas that he noticed that he didn’t see Trump signs at all one one rural area on the way to where we go shooting.

Trumps real base is the suburbs, not the country.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I’m saying there are a lot of rural pockets that have large minority communities out in the sticks, particularly in parts of the south where there are a lot of black folks that live outside the city.

I’d also be willing to be that the landowners are more likely to support Trump hence the signs by all the freeways in flyover USA.

I just want people to remember that its far from a monolith urban or rural.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

boop the snoot posted:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1394714730644787201?s=21

Presented without comment but goddamn do I have some comments.

For my comments, see the comments.

What the gently caress does that even mean.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Bananas, honey, and chocolate as common consumer goods as well!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I live in a "luxury" apartment in VA that's basically a studio closet for 1.2k. Anything that's not "luxury" here means roaches and dogshit maintenance.

YET YOU PARTICIPATE IN SOCIETY

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The trilogy where the FSB and CIA team up against the greater threat to sell Afghan tribesmen stringers

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

maffew buildings posted:

Short term speculating for serious profit is 100% doable. It just requires a lot of mental/emotional attributes, work ethic, commitment to riding out an learning curve brutal almost beyond words and other challenges that kind of don't line up with the fatalistic gambling young people are doing. But that's cool, the Fed will get to point to everyone who got annihilated in the market to enact regulations stacking the deck further in favor of hedge funds (the real victims here)

Statistically speaking it’s not though- even sophisticated investors underperform the stock market index funds and the outliers of crazy success are almost always what you would predict given a normal distribution of outcomes among investors. The only people who have wild success over the market not due to chance are if ever in insanely rare cases like borderline savant Michael Burry who isn’t always right anyway, or (almost always actually the case) often just Wall Street types with multibillion hedge funds who can insider trade or make markets.

Michael Burry types (“underdogs” with only a few hundred million) are at most one in a million type people, if he even is.

Anyone thinks they are a good day trader is wrong. There is almost zero empirical evidence that anyone can beat the market without the ability to make the market or insider trade. It’s just that insider trading is common.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Public golf courses are however public so that’s not really relevant.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Brave pro infant mortality stanc e

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I don’t understand why someone is trying to so hard to be like “well hijacking a plane to rendition political enemies to torture black sites is okay actually”

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Jesus loving christ cite a source or shut the gently caress up

What is broken in your brain that someone gets kidnapped and tortured just for pissing off powerful people that you want to justify!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

“The US did it to Snowden” makes it also bad, not better.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

It’s like he’s arguing with someone we can’t see lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Hot Karl Marx posted:

This clearly isn't going to go anywhere but whataboutism is just a hand wavy excuse Americans bring up when they show their hypocrisy. I'm done discussing this now anyways.

Cool now explain why torturing political dissidents is okay

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Also if your regime tortures people who may have once hung out with someone who later joined a Nazi group according to some Russian guy that excuses the regime openly praising Hitler.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Black cats have such adorable eyes awww

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Madurai posted:

They have to do something to make up for their lack of faces. How do they survive with no face?

I used to have a black cat that was also extremely fuzzy so while he was super cute on camera he was a blob with eyes

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

OP... op.... get him!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

GOP platform is just harm everyone who isn’t our base

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Doctors kind of have a similar thing.

Any elite and respected profession that requires a deep and narrow knowledge base as a minimum standard seems to create people who are really good at not knowing they’re bad at other things.

My grandpa is a great case, apparently he’s a pretty renowned psychiatrist at least in his field but he is the biggest mark in the world. He’s made many “tech support” guys in India very happy.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lolllllllll

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Oh my god I'm going to be living in the Qanon regime by the time I actually want to start a family.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Dakota Meyer just seems like he was a mark for the Palin family, nothing I’ve heard about him seemed to tell any story other than he got played and he’s probably a bit of a chud.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The same day that Greene said that wearing masks is like the holocaust the National Review ran an article about “Addressing the Dems antisemitism”

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

McNally posted:

And I certainly can't stop you from doing so!

I will definitely not write a script to automate this later this week and post it here

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Basticle posted:

I know literally nothing about my grandfather's time in WW2 (as he unsurprisingly never talked about it) other than he was a machine gunner in Europe.

what the

My grandpa had a similar career, he wanted to be a paratrooper but had a bad football injury that kept getting him rejected, he joined and got booted like 4 times until he finally did a real training jump and instantly destroyed his knee.

Lucky for me and my mom since apparently his unit got hosed up during d day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018