Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I had YouTube on in the background for bird sounds (for my birds, duh) and this obnoxious Nissan ad came on like "cars used to mean freedom! Cars used to be your life! Now with Nissan cars cars truck sub truck freedom America!" loving insanity

:lol: Amateurs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ecPy6i2fg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

My Very Dear Sarah:

Indications are very strong the bowel shall move in a few days, perhaps to-morrow. Lest I should not be able to write you again, I feel impelled to write a few lines, that may fall under your eye when I shall be no more.

Our movement may be one of a few days duration and full of pleasure and it may be one of severe conflict and death to me. Not my will, but thine, O God be done. If it is necessary that I should fall on the blue-water for any country, I am ready. I have no misgivings about, or lack of confidence in, the cause in which I am engaged, and my courage does not halt or falter.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I feel like there's some context that not everyone has seen...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sullivan_Ballou#Letter_to_Sarah_Ballou

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Now I'm having a Dean Pelton moment where I don't know what's a pun or not and I can't tell if the joke is going way the gently caress over my head or if there wasn't a joke to begin with.

Either way, shame on an IGA should wear that sixer like a Purple Heart.

Honestly I thought the joke and the probation are both hilarious.

Edit: VVV Even better

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 2, 2021

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

don't blame the devil for this

lol what the gently caress

lovely app design is far more likely than intentionally loving over the walking community.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The only White Castles here are on the strip or Fremont St...the one time I went the wait wasn't TOO bad (at least, drunk me didn't think so) but I'm more likely to go to Evel Pie instead.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Zamujasa posted:

I never understood why they did that when they could (likely quite easily) make a huge killing by building a WC somewhere actually accessible.

Right? That's what CFA did last year, opening a location on Craig, and that place is always packed...but they have the multi-line thing figured out so the drive through is surprisingly fast.

quote:

Oddly, I like the frozen microwave sliders more than the real ones.

I've always been wary.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

White Castle is garbage, I'm not denying that, but I'm not lining up in Orlando. I just prefer it over Krystals, but we didn't have those in Illinois when I was a kid, just WC.

And how you eat your potatoes is your business.

That said, Sonic tots are the worst fast food potato. :colbert:

/\ the gently caress, popeye's? Was that part of the deal with the devil for the perfect fast food chicken sandwich? Did he also get their southern lady from the commercials?

Sonic sweet potato tots, however...

Edit: drat, I want a voucher for free beer! My company is giving every employee with proof of vax $250, at least.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I almost choked on a piece of uncooked bacon as a child at a Whataburger in Wendover, Utah.

Why would you do anything on the Utah side of Wendover?

Pfizer vaccine trip report (since we're doing that in here): First dose had no side effects. Second dose was Saturday afternoon; Sunday I was a little lethargic, but nothing out of the ordinary. Comparable to a couple hours less sleep than usual, or following up a particularly long day, something like that. Minor injection site soreness about on par with a bruise, which was much reduced by Monday and completely gone today. A+, would recommend.

I was also completely asymptomatic when I had covid, so apparently this is what I've been saving all my luck for. TBH I'd redistribute about 20% to gambling if I could.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I’m surprised how much lower those are than the military. I guess the DoD is more diverse so that may explain it. Especially a place like NYC where it saw first hand the magnitude of the pandemic, with lots of police dying.

They don't believe covid is what killed them. These are the people holding onto the "people who die in car accidents with covid are counted as dying as covid" nonsense.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

quote:

nother NCO who served with Earls said he is confused why the ad leans so heavily on his military service, or why it is relevant to his district, given he has never deployed overseas and got out of the service relatively quickly.

:lol:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kazinsal posted:

I feel a sudden urge to reread The Andromeda Strain

We are absolutely due for a new movie based on that (and not lovely like most MC adaptations).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hot Karl Marx posted:

yeah I'm sure the government is telling the truth this time

and why is america even involved in a civil war in the middle east?

Because if we don't keep the Saudis propped up, Iran becomes the regional power.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I can't tell if this is ironic or not

It's our policy, whether it's grounded in reality or not.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Everything outside of Clark and Washoe are exactly what you think they are.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

huh, is that how it's pronounced

Yep.

:lol:

https://twitter.com/DimatMike/status/1394391569248100352?s=20

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Brand new F-15QA, not yet handed over to Qatar. Looking forward to details.

https://twitter.com/LaurieSkrivan/status/1394664519935397890?s=20

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

And it's so extra imaginary that the government forced them to stop pretending it was tied to anything.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Except that tether is backed almost entirely by crypto holdings.

And vice versa. Tether and outright market manipulation by the exchanges is all that's keeping prices up.

RFC2324 posted:

USDT = Tether?

When tether was new, the big selling point was that every Tether was backed by one US Dollar in Bitfinex's possession. Eventually people realized that couldn't possibly be accurate as they kept "printing" tethers every time they needed the price to bump up or slow a drop. Then the government stepped in and the marketing changed drastically. Now it's just an open secret that it's complete bullshit based on nothing, but since that's the entire business model for most cryptos anyway, nobody in the game cares.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 19, 2021

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So we went from 4 to 2.3 to 1.7? That was fast.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bengy81 posted:

Is it even possible for doge to hit a dollar? I thought the rate new coins generated basically made it impossible for it to be anything but a shitcoin?

Goddamn I wish zaurg was around.

He keeps showing up in the bitcoin thread and getting banned for it. So he's around.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The only thing more boring than golf is people talking about golf.

It's amazing I ever got promoted in the AF.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Let's start a company and get an IDIQ contract for corpses. How do we get an NSN?

maffew buildings posted:

I want to be used for med school cadaver lab, only have a Rolex or emerald or something hidden under my liver with a note telling the student congrats on finding the prize!

Junior Mints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Best Friends posted:

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1397256316574445574?s=21

This may be shocking to some here, but it's looking like Biden won't actually be FDR 2.0

Whom do you think it will be shocking to?