Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

my guy was on his phone the entire time and completely missed me rolling a stop sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

My Very Dear Sarah:

Indications are very strong the bowel shall move in a few days, perhaps to-morrow. Lest I should not be able to write you again, I feel impelled to write a few lines, that may fall under your eye when I shall be no more.

Our movement may be one of a few days duration and full of pleasure and it may be one of severe conflict and death to me. Not my will, but thine, O God be done. If it is necessary that I should fall on the blue-water for any country, I am ready. I have no misgivings about, or lack of confidence in, the cause in which I am engaged, and my courage does not halt or falter.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lmfao

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Gotta give big recognition to CookOut for building walk-up windows at every location, even in in the suburban hellscapes where you literally can't get there without a car

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

White Castle is garbage, I'm not denying that, but I'm not lining up in Orlando. I just prefer it over Krystals, but we didn't have those in Illinois when I was a kid, just WC.

And how you eat your potatoes is your business.

That said, Sonic tots are the worst fast food potato. :colbert:

/\ the gently caress, popeye's? Was that part of the deal with the devil for the perfect fast food chicken sandwich? Did he also get their southern lady from the commercials?

Sonic tots are paradoxically the worst chain potato but also the absolute best tots that exist

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

golden bubble posted:

The Army has release a video of what it actually looks like when using GAMER-vision (Microsoft augmented-reality headsets).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eWpjUOLR0w

That looks like they're just running the 53-year old Sobel algorithm on everything, how much did this cost?

I'm in the wrong fuckin career

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 4, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol the dragracing DC cops body cam has been released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0LlBKzUvE&t=170s

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Grip it and rip it posted:

People were always talking about the new plants that were supposed to be constricted in Ga. And the possibility of not having to work outages around the country. As far as I know, none of those new plants ever materialized, thanks to the financial crisis.

South Carolina's project crashed and burned in spectacular fashion but Georgia's hit a major milestone last week and will probably be online by the end of this year

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

not caring here posted:

Just got that first Pfizer jab, cell reception hasn't improved yet.

What's been the usual side effects for people so far?

first dose of moderna was comparable to TDAP, second dose was sleeping 14 straight hours and then waking up with a 103° fever

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ol qwerty bastard posted:

I wasn't scared; nothing could possibly ever hit me harder with a Long March than 2020 already did.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Platystemon posted:

There’s no labor shortage and there’a no litigious society.

They’re just both effective lies that the new media serves and the public eat.

BTW everyone, the Citations Needed podcast has made a whole career out of mythbusting decades of business community propaganda that's become just these kinds of background assumed knowledge due to the likes of John Stossel and Mike Rowe. Tell your friends.

Citations Needed: A podcast about the intersection of media, PR, power, and bullshit.

The Episode 85 & 86 two-parter about homelessness narratives in local broadcasting, 111 about painting corporate interests in the "small business" cloak and 134 deep diving into the history of where our private medical insurance nightmare came from are the best places to jump on.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 9, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Basically spinning that show into becoming the affable public face of "All the systemic problems with our economy are your own individual failures, slacker"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.mikeroweworks.org/

:barf:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

also popularizing "Safety Third" as a slogan is enough of a case for the guillotine aside from everything else

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Absolutely not, feudalism 2.0 would imply a two-sided deal which included some degree of noblesse oblige

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

But that would cost more than just giving piss poor wages and telling people to be grateful they got anything. Literally how I was taught to view jobs growing up

Preach. Holy poo poo the first time I wandered into the BFC negotiation thread was a brain breaker, you mean you're not supposed to counter the first offer with 5% less and a beej for the hiring manager?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Covid failing to deliver on it's promise of being the boomer remover and taking out all the cool silents instead is the greatest tragedy of the 21st century

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BigDave posted:

Reported

If you've time to drop a dime you have time to mop some grime

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

85MW seems hilariously small for a coal plant that's what like 2 gas turbines or a couple dozen windmills?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

There will never be anything as funny as sovcit arguments wielded by people who are literally subjects of the Queen

truly our greatest export

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If you've never CCWd on nitrous you're not handling your weapon enough and are a danger to everyone around you

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I can see three gas stations from my backyard and I'm just gonna be sitting out there with a bag of popcorn and a smug aura all afternoon watching the meltdowns

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Moral Orel S4 when

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

DeSantis issuing blanket pardons for anyone charged with violating coronavirus restrictions

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

wait what

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelMacron/status/1392965873187659778

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

because your nominal income will remain flat

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the cult of normalization of deviance

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

I mean, maybe some argument could be made that we need this type of soldier right now; one who’s high ACE scores and childhood trauma allow them to compartmentalize, tolerate extreme trauma, and get a job done that nobody else could do. But gently caress, if we are going to leverage that type of behavior on that type of human we need to have like, deep comprehensive mental health resources lines up for them on the back end so they don’t spiral into oblivion. Anyways that’s my take sorry. That article really shook me.

That sounds hard and expensive so I think we'll just keep leveraging their maladaptive coping methods to enforce the will of capital for as long as possible while gambling they won't hurt anyone rich enough to matter when it all blows up.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 14, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

it's only a mass shooting when there's absolutely no opening for the tragedy-cleansing daylight of just world fallacy to wash over the victims

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How do these airstrikes keep felling buildings in perfect implosion demolitions?

I mean yeah, that question sounds all TRUTHER-y, which would be kinda moot because I'd assume the IDF can just roll in in force and demo-charge high-rises, but this is like the third building that they just "beautifully" collapse from a demolition standpoint. Are they lobbing a bunch of JDAMs at the bases of the buildings or something?

There was a clip in the combat camera thread I got a pretty clear screengrab from, looks like a Paveway or similar

And yeah the MO seems to be multiple weapons directed at the corners of the foundation

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 15, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

but wait there's more

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epstein-gave-bill-gates-advice-on-how-to-end-toxic-marriage-sources-say

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Immanentized posted:

Even better, he wasn't allowed to own guns because of an even OLDER felony- 3 accounts of burglary from 20+ years ago. He tried to claim an exemption for hunting and fishing, but wasn't able to produce evidence. Dude's an all-around poo poo head and exists in his own world.

yeah they really buried the lede there

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Defenestrategy posted:

I want -gate retired with Gaetzgate, it will never be better than that.

No gently caress him, he asked for Gaetzgate and that why it's Pizzagaetz

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

haha dumping another 500 million imaginary funbucks into the crypto market isn't gonna do poo poo when they've already issued almost 1,000x that in the past year

TLDR explanation of Tether: It does literally everything ideological coiners who hate the federal reserve imagine the fed does, but for bitcoin

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 19, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

252-157, on to the senate

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

The Badass Russian Army and the sissified US Army: Both Afghanistan War Losers.

You'd think "Don't gently caress with mountain people. Just don't. It's never worth it. DON'T." would've become doctrine in every army in the world by now but lol @ learning from the mistakes of your predecessors

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Probably pretty well cause they'll just pay whoever keeps the raw materials flowing and give no fucks about what the afghanis do

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

sky burial best burial

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Doctors kind of have a similar thing.

Any elite and respected profession that requires a deep and narrow knowledge base as a minimum standard seems to create people who are really good at not knowing they’re bad at other things.

My grandpa is a great case, apparently he’s a pretty renowned psychiatrist at least in his field but he is the biggest mark in the world. He’s made many “tech support” guys in India very happy.

At least doctors mostly stick to killing only themselves with airplanes

e: gently caress I don't even know whether that's a 9/11 joke or a Boeing joke

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

big family annihilator vibes from that guy