Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MLB.TV SHARING THREAD
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960688

MLB.COM BANDWAGON GUIDE
https://www.mlb.com/news/best-mlb-bandwagon-teams-for-2021

Looking for video of literally any pitch from a given game?
https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/

idk here's some cool stuff

https://twitter.com/tatis_jr/status/1386380363312689155

https://twitter.com/Cut4/status/1388324002213552130

and here is a very loud cat
https://i.imgur.com/wwkNdIH.mp4

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
El Niño es Rey de Reyes!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think I could have asked for a better first reply in the thread thank you

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Absolutely love that the Marlins are at the bottom of the NL East and yet are the only one there with a positive run differential.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cubs can manage a 100-loss season. I believe in cub together.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I am astounded with how bad the Cubs are.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't think I could have asked for a better first reply in the thread thank you

:tipshat:

As a longtime Padres fan, Fernando Tatis, Jr. is a loving godsend for the franchise

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

M's over .500, positive run differential. Another successful April in the books

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
NL West sports four teams with positive run differentials, while NL East's has a .500 team as division leader.

West is Best, East is Least

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
NL West Leading San Francisco Giants

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Mets have given up 5 runs over the last three games and lost them all

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

On my way to the Yankee game. I think this is the longest I’ve ever gone without going to a game!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Joey Votto has 300 home runs now, here are all of them.

https://www.mlb.com/video/joey-votto-s-300-career-homers

So many balls low and outside hit with great extension, tons of them opposite field. I saw the dude hitting his rookie year and was immediately like yeah, he's A Guy. .303/.418/.516. Please place my Large Canadian Friend in the HOF when he is eligible.

e: here's #300 itself, loving tagged it.

https://twitter.com/Starting9/status/1388291247979352068?s=20

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 1, 2021

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i was expecting the cubs to be bad this year and the rotation to be a tire fire but the fact that Kyle Hendricks has completely fallen apart is absolutely crushing. I blame the Cubs for acquiring his evil Brewers doppelganger and throwing off his Humours.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Joseph Daniel Votto earns a walk loving with Derek Lowe.

https://twitter.com/FederaIGovt/status/1388459435111194624?s=20

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

royals announcers were in the middle of saying how bennie has been hitting the ball hard lately and has just had some bad luck, like buxton robbing him earlier in the game, while they're in the middle of talking about it he hits that bomb to deep center and buxton robs him again.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Red Sox having the best record in baseball after the first month of the season was not something I was expecting, but no complaints. Now if only the bottom of the lineup could hit.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
NL East is mediocre. Marlins are the only team with a positive run differential and sit last in division.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

elentar posted:

Absolutely love that the Marlins are at the bottom of the NL East and yet are the only one there with a positive run differential.

it rules

NL East is NFC East

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Mr. Fix It posted:

M's over .500, positive run differential. Another successful April in the books

A half game above the Astros, who have a +31 RD and a game behind the A's who have a negative RD.

I love baseball.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

elentar posted:

It loving sucks!!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Buster hit his 6th dinger last night, oppo off Darvish. He opted out last year and it seems like he's finally healthy. Getting his lower body into his swing like he used to, before the hip injuries. He hit .361/.418/.705 in April.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Today is May Day and Dustin May is also pitching

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Byron Buxton is one PA short of qualifying for the batting title, so after taking the penalty for that, he leads the majors in OPS with 1.344. Is there any specific reasons he's doing so well this year?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Pussy Boss posted:

Buster hit his 6th dinger last night, oppo off Darvish. He opted out last year and it seems like he's finally healthy. Getting his lower body into his swing like he used to, before the hip injuries. He hit .361/.418/.705 in April.

Buster taking a year off has done wonders for him. Makes sense for a 34 year old catcher with hip problems but it's nice to see

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chamale posted:

Byron Buxton is one PA short of qualifying for the batting title, so after taking the penalty for that, he leads the majors in OPS with 1.344. Is there any specific reasons he's doing so well this year?

He seems more comfortable at the plate but he's always flashed this potential

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Chamale posted:

He added some muscle this off-season, so he's legitimately BSOHL. He's also been a good hitter for a bit now (.259/.299/.534) over the previous 2 season), being able to access his power despite a generally poor approach at the plate.

A specific change I've heard from a few people, he's sitting off-speed and catching up to fastballs. Buxton had been the kind of player to make ugly swings over junk in the dirt. Now he's focusing on assessing the pitch out of hand, and trusting his raw talent if he needs to adjust to a fastball. He's still not a disciplined hitter by any stretch, but he's all but eliminated a huge problem in his game.

Also when Buxton came up the old regime was still around. He's simply another year out from an org that emphasized hitting it into the ground so he could run out singles. There are some horror stories from former Twins like Cuddyer and Plouffe, who credit their success coming from ignoring coaches in the organization and developing their own approaches.

The current FO has a much clearer organizational philosophy for hitting, while also being willing to develop players to their strengths. And Buxton is a poster child for this difference. That's not to take credit away from Buxton, but you come up fighting for a job, you do what the org wants. Having the right coaches has helped him, or at least stopped hurting him.

Milovan Drecun fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 1, 2021

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

bawfuls posted:

He's been looking pretty good, here's hoping on another solid start from him for the Dodgers' offense and bullpen to waste

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bawfuls posted:

i can actually hear that in vin's voice

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Chamale posted:

Well he hasn't died yet which is a plus

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

lol, baseball owns

also, Joey Votto is the loving man

EDIT: lol, just saw this

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Bogus Adventure posted:

lol, baseball owns

also, Joey Votto is the loving man

I first came to Cincinnati on the trail of the killers of my father and, for reasons that don't need exploring at this juncture, I have remained, as first baseman for the Cincinnati Reds

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
My Brewers have infected the Dodgers with our injury bug and now Dustin May's arm seems to have snapped :(

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
man I hate seeing pitcher injuries. hope that was just a forearm strain or something

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

howe_sam posted:

I first came to Cincinnati on the trail of the killers of my father and, for reasons that don't need exploring at this juncture, I have remained, as first baseman for the Cincinnati Reds

lol

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

StandardVC10 posted:

He's been looking pretty good, here's hoping on another solid start from him for the Dodgers' offense and bullpen to waste

Me and my big mouth. :(

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bawfuls posted:

Aaaaand he left the game after throwing a 94mph fastball and wincing badly. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/AndrewStoeten/status/1388659915821047808?s=20

What's a Paxton Schultz?