Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He has a 1.1 BWAR in 2019? And was 0.7 last year over that nonsense season.

Stop moving goalposts, friend.

RIch Hill has been good whenever he has pitched for like a decade now, he just is always injured (like the beginning of this year and last year and 2019!)

OK. I'm wrong. Rich Hill is basically deGrom 2.0 and the Yankee offense is great and not at all bad.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The Yankees are a mediocre to good team so far this year. I only wish they had an actual truly bad team for an entire season, I'm talking a 66-96 team just so we could see Yankees fans reactions.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Popete posted:

The Yankees are a mediocre to good team so far this year. I only wish they had an actual truly bad team for an entire season, I'm talking a 66-96 team just so we could see Yankees fans reactions.

I actually have had a more nuanced take than that. Their pitching, despite Taillon being pretty poo poo, has been better than even I expected and Cole and Chapman have been the best starter and RP in the AL but their hitting has been utter garbo. They had Stanton hitting a homer every other time up for like 2 weeks and they are STILL 24th in the majors in runs scored... their hitting has been objectively terrible. The idea that my saying that their hitting has been terrible when it literally has been is so triggering to people is funny.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 14, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No you were making stuff up about pitchers, remember?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mcmagic posted:

I actually have had a more nuanced take than that. Their pitching, despite Taillon being pretty poo poo, has been better than even I expected and Cole and Chapman have been the best starter and RP in the AL but their hitting has been utter garbo. They had Stanton hitting a homer every other time up for like 2 weeks and they are STILL 24th in the majors in runs scored... their hitting has been objectively terrible. The idea that my saying that their hitting has been terrible when it literally has been is so triggering to people is funny.

I'm surprised you even know what the word nuanced means

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

RCarr posted:

No you were making stuff up about pitchers, remember?

What did I make up?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I thought we were talking about Dick Mountain being a good pitcher.

Also,

The Yankees are literally league average in WRC+

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

They're 17th in OPS overall and 12th in wRC+ overall. They are offensively the definition of mediocre this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Popete posted:

They're 17th in OPS overall and 12th in wRC+ overall. They are offensively the definition of mediocre this year.

So you're upset with me because I called them terrible instead of mediocre?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
mcmagic I could never be upset with you.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how is it 2021 and people are still arguing with mcmagic

I know covid has broken some people's brains but christ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

how is it 2021 and people are still arguing with mcmagic

I know covid has broken some people's brains but christ

I made a post relating to what is happening with a baseball team and you're more worried about meta forums drama poo poo. Pathetic.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Rays are the anti-Yankees. This is a fact of life.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You can hate on the Yankees all you want. You called Dick Mountain a bad pitcher so you could :qq: about them harder than you really needed to and he's been a very good pitcher when healthy for 6 years in a row with a 135 ERA+ over that timespan

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Giants' schedule has been fairly soft so far, but in a week they play 7 games against the Dodgers. Those games are going to be hype.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Watching people argue with mcmagic makes me miss scoobi

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Intruder posted:

You can hate on the Yankees all you want. You called Dick Mountain a bad pitcher so you could :qq: about them harder than you really needed to and he's been a very good pitcher when healthy for 6 years in a row with a 135 ERA+ over that timespan

The dude is 41 years old. Why is his ERA 6 years ago relevant lol. You're grasping at straws to argue here.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What about his ERA a year ago lol

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rich Hill had a bunch of bad starts in April but I didn't watch any of them so I can't say if he's washed or what

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Intruder posted:

What about his ERA a year ago lol

to be fair he has now pitched as many innings in 2021 as he did in 2020. 2020 was a pretty small sample size.

his numbers in 2021 are not that bad though! and given his history i wouldn't bet against his upside of being a above average starting pitcher (while healthy)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Rich Hill is a 41 year old junk baller, he definitely shouldn't be shutting them down like he did yesterday

They can't hit right now, I know it's hot form to disagree with mcmagic but he's right about the offense being rear end

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kelenic went 0-4 with a strikeout in his debut.

Bust, useless, send em down, maybe we can get a bullpen arm for em if we sell now

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Offense is down across the board this year, that's been a trend for awhile now as pitching is just so dominate.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Popete posted:

Offense is down across the board this year, that's been a trend for awhile now as pitching is just so dominate.

Well the Yankees are still lower/middle of the pack so even if that whole pack is depressed offensively, that doesn't explain a 200 million dollar team being where they are in that context.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Tyler Flowers will not be returning to Atlanta as a player: after aggravating an old back injury he now says he'll be retiring from the field. The Jeff Mathis era continues.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

seiferguy posted:

Bust, useless, send em down, maybe we can get a bullpen arm for em if we sell now

I can think of a high profile closer in New York that people want traded for cheap. Maybe get him!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I don't think anyone is legit upset with McMagic, I like posting with him even if he's bonkers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pungry posted:

I can think of a high profile closer in New York that people want traded for cheap. Maybe get him!

Chapman for Kelenic.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
luckily we can soon tell if the Rays are an actual good team or not because tonight they're playing the juggernaut known as the New York Mets

seiferguy posted:

we've got this Edwin Diaz you may be interested in, and he's actually good again now! (maybe)

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
For what its worth, McMagic hasn't said anything that seems insane to me in the last two pages. He may be a bit hyperbolic but he's right that the Yankee offense outside Stanton has not looked very effective. The pitching has carried this winning month so far.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

humpthewind posted:

For what its worth, McMagic hasn't said anything that seems insane to me in the last two pages. He may be a bit hyperbolic but he's right that the Yankee offense outside Stanton has not looked very effective. The pitching has carried this winning month so far.

It insane because I said it... they just have to back into why.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No one said the Yankees offense is great but it is not horrible trash compared to the rest of the league.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/PitcherList/status/1393292536370929668
https://twitter.com/NBCSWhiteSox/status/1393293379417563141

:ohdear: Both guys were able to get up but needed to be helped off the field.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Popete posted:

No one said the Yankees offense is great but it is not horrible trash compared to the rest of the league.

It's horrible trash compared to expectations and payroll, which is the more relevant point.

I'm most sad about the fact that Gary Sanchez is just utterly washed. Four years ago I thought this dude was going to be a perennial all star.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

it looks like they are both fine, or at least no one is concussed.

which makes me feel better about laughing at my buddy's comment: "it looked like they were both running and texting"

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What was the ruling after that? I saw a closed fist from the umpire but surely he wasn't out for colliding with someone obstructing the baseline? Is it somehow not obstruction?

Edit: Duh, watched again and the catcher had it. I somehow missed that.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 14, 2021

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mcmagic bang once if you're trolling and twice if you're being hyperbolic so I know how to respond, thanks

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What was the ruling after that? I saw a closed fist from the umpire but surely he wasn't out for colliding with someone obstructing the baseline? Is it somehow not obstruction?

The catcher caught the pop-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Edit: Duh, watched again and the catcher had it. I somehow missed that.

The catcher caught the ball