Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cubs can manage a 100-loss season. I believe in cub together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/OldHossRadbourn/status/1390372320343117833?s=19

:hmmyes:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

more falafel please posted:

Yeah, he was a Cubs scrap heap reliever in the 2015-2016 run, good velocity fastball and a curve but like nothing else, and from what I remember he couldn't command either of them.

I feel like there were a lot of cub relievers that fit this description from 2015-now. I do remember cubsposting "thing's about to get Grimm" though. That was fun.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Is acuna ok? Please don't be hurt you're cool and barvesposters like you. :(

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/BravesOnBally/status/1391209226593255429

Started in the majors a little over 3 years ago and has already been hit by pitches 22 times

For comparison's sake, Chipper Jones played 19 years and was only hit by nineteen; Hank Aaron had a few more than Acuna over 23 years; it took Craig Biggio (the second-alltime HBP leader https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_career_hit_by_pitch_leaders) six years to be hit as much total. Dude's being targeted and it loving sucks

Eh I wouldn't go that far. Look at Rizzo's hbp stats and he's a swell lad. Glad x rays were clean.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bawfuls posted:

This is..... not the game I’d expect to see fights breaking out in the stands

https://twitter.com/b1ackschefter/status/1392900576913117188?s=21

Coors really inflates your SLG.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Salvor_Hardin posted:

lol what the gently caress is that?

Every active marine gets a 64 pack of Crayola's finest.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I saw the end of today's game and Kyle's back!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

I'm under no illusions that Lester is cooked, I'm just mad that he wasn't allowed to finish out his career as a Cub because Tom wanted to save like, relative pocket change.

Trading Darvish AND Carrot (who would be really helpful right about now given Romaine's injury!) for a bunch of A ball guys is just indefensible.

Instead of cooked Lester we get Zach Davies. Great fun!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

this is not a rhetorical question, i am genuinely curious if anyone in here actually likes the ghostrunner?

It's pretty dumb in my opinion.

Unrelated, do the Cubs actually have a bullpen now?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

Don't worry everybody the Cubs by the skin of their teeth managed to juuuuust hold off the unstoppable galestorm of baseball talent that is the 2021 Pittsburg Pirates. Only cost them their GG 2B who'd been hitting .324. No worries though, I'm sure their plethora of IF depth will be able to tide them ov-ahahahahahaha

Any Nico update besides his hamstring falling apart on tv?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm of the opinion just put a tube of approved sticky stuff on the mound next to the rosin bag. This unenforced rule isn't working and will lead to unequal punishment unless pitches get their hands checked for sticky literally every pitch.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Every sports team needs a swag chain. Yes especially your beer league softball team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs have gone 17-7 in May and every single one of those 7 losses was by 1 run. :monocle:

Damnit Kevlar why'd you ruin it?