Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
And now the whole nation - pulpit and all - will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open.

I finally did my magic number spreadsheet and it mostly just predicts what is happening now will continue to happen (although it is ALWAYS more accurate than ESPN playoff % number). Not a ton of surprises although it does have the Lakers ending up 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The Mavs have added an additional mascot, Mavrello Ballovic.

"Ballovic, so the story goes, is one of the original owners of the Mavericks, dating back to their founding in 1980...His “off-the-wall” ideas for the team didn’t sit well with the other owners and he found himself and outcast. In 1988, Ballovic accidentally locked himself in a bunker only to emerge now, digging his way out with a spork."

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/..._source=twitter

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Two as

Spacebump posted:

"Ballovic, so the story goes, is one of the original owners of the Mavericks, dating back to their founding in 1980...His “off-the-wall” ideas for the team didn’t sit well with the other owners and he found himself and outcast. In 1988, Ballovic accidentally locked himself in a bunker only to emerge now, digging his way out with a spork."

just for this I hope they lose tonight

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Spacebump posted:

quote:

Ballovic, a digital character, was developed by MCX (Mark Cuban Experiments).

explains a lot!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

152 points in regulation. Holy hell.

Booyah-
Dec 21, 2004

Spacebump posted:

this would be funny if it wasnt a dumb narcissistic thing for cuban

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Strawberry Panda posted:

152 points in regulation. Holy hell.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1388680292945342472?s=19

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Booyah- posted:

this would be funny if it wasnt a dumb narcissistic thing for cuban

i wouldn't go that far but I can't say i'm particularly interested one way or the other in this thing that will show up on the big screen during commercial breaks when it's not the fat dancing guys and Mavs players edited into superhero movie trailers

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

That LaMelo pass is loving insane.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Dutchy posted:

i wouldn't go that far but I can't say i'm particularly interested one way or the other in this thing that will show up on the big screen during commercial breaks when it's not the fat dancing guys and Mavs players edited into superhero movie trailers

It already showed up at one point tonight in the stream I'm watching. Cuban found him while livestreaming in the skit.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status/1388686213377318913?s=19

He hit his 3s tonight.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh man, vooch is out too? Better pray for those lottery odds.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TENNESSEE SMASH

dang okc almost had them if only a few more 3s went in

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

It's a make or lose by 57 league

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

only marfans dot com

Spacebump posted:

OH MY GOD THIS loving SUCKS

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spacebump posted:

wait is this real

Booyah-
Dec 21, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

wait is this real

you better believe it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

nixon: jesus christ

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Even their magical cgi basketball mascots are white guys

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

only marfans dot com

Thing has a 5 o clock shadow but it looks like balls...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

looks like it was stolen concept art from Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

only marfans dot com

I just i thinkong loving MAD I HATW IT WHY WHY

MARK CUBAN FUUUUUUCK

*deep breath*

OOOOFFFFFFFFFFFF

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Right now I'm rooting for the Wizards to make the 8th seed and upset the Nets. It would be one of the funniest things that could happen in the playoffs.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I didn't say a word about Lebron's "Taco Tuesday" nonsense because I am a true coward.

did the mavs really just make a minion their mascot

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

did the mavs really just make a minion their mascot

He looks like they put Rick (of Rick and Morty), a basketball, and a Rabbid in the machine from the Fly. This is what emerged.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 2, 2021

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Spacebump posted:

I'm glad Mr Mets escaped rapist cousin is canon.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

only marfans dot com

It shoulda been like an early 50s 60s Z movie style hero like Space Chief or Prince of Space and just call him THE M

Booyah-
Dec 21, 2004

"Ballovic, a digital character, was developed by MCX (Mark Cuban Experiments)."

i hope the individual mavericks players hate cuban for giving them NFT training and poo poo like this

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the Dallas Mavericks unveil new digital scrotum mascot

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Imagine what the Mavs record would look like if the Knicks didn't force them to take Tim Hardaway Jr. in the Porzingis trade.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Two as

Even the Mavericks' long lost living basketball executive is Eastern European, they were looking for new Dirks from the start

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Imagine what the Mavs record would look like if the Knicks didn't force them to take Tim Hardaway Jr. in the Porzingis trade.

At least the Knicks got Dennis Smith Jr back. What a blockbuster.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Can someone that watches the Nuggets explain to me how they haven't seemed to miss a beat after losing multiple rotation guys to injury?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Spacebump posted:

Can someone that watches the Nuggets explain to me how they haven't seemed to miss a beat after losing multiple rotation guys to injury?

have y heard of nikola jokic hes really good

and mpj playing lights out

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tits and cooters, Mr Bond.

Spacebump posted:

Their perimeter defense has improved a lot lately. They’re giving Facu more minutes, signed Shaq Harrison, and Dozier has been playing well. On offense, Murray wasn’t contributing as much as you would think from his numbers, because he was taking a lot of contested iso shots while Jokic watches. They’re replacing all the Jokic/Murray two man stuff with Jokic/MPJ and it’s been working great.

The biggest struggle all year for the team has been what to do when Jokic sits, and the bench seems to be figuring out how to play on offense a lot better lately.

Also Will Barton is not actually good

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The thunder did not deserve that

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Jokic is ridiculous and is the MVP of my heart

Comedy option: They got Aaron Gordon

RCarr fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 2, 2021

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends

Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

The Nuggets are missing Jamal Murray, Monte Morris, and Will Barton, but they still have enough to be a problem: the MVP front-runner in Jokic, and an ascending star in Michael Porter Jr. seizing Murray's No. 2 option role -- and making a late run for Julius Randle's Most Improved Player throne.

They are 8-1 since Murray's injury, with a chance to overtake the LA Clippers for the No. 3 seed in the West in a massive head-to-head game on Saturday.

There has always been an unpredictability to Jokic's game, but before this season, it was mostly confined to his passing. You never knew where he was going when he surveyed his domain. He imagines passes no one sees -- passes that aren't really available to anyone but him.

But you knew he was usually passing. Not anymore. Jokic has bumped his scoring average by almost 6.5 points. He is the league's most efficient high-volume post-up threat, outranking Joel Embiid by a hair, per Second Spectrum.

The Nuggets will feel Murray's absence more in the postseason; Porter can score like gangbusters, but he's not ready to run a calculated two-man game with Jokic. They are short on shooting around Jokic and Porter right now. In the meantime, Jokic is a deserving MVP favorite.

--Zactch Loughwe

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

This is making me seriously doubt my love for both Joe Ingles and Donovan as my favorite Jazz players.

https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/1388683671427747842?s=21

#YearOfTheDunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

only marfans dot com

Somewhat Heroic posted:

This is making me seriously doubt my love for both Joe Ingles and Donovan as my favorite Jazz players.

https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/1388683671427747842?s=21

#YearOfTheDunk

Me looking at all these former Cavs

"FUUUUUUUCK"