Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/1394798389913608194?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

It’s an objectively successful concept regardless of the teams. There was way less overt tanking this year in the final month beyond the absolute dregs of the league.

Chicago even made an insane and ill advised win-now trade to try and get into it. It also disincentives load management, unless you can pull it off. In a normal year with a normal break between the seasons it’s probably even more successful.

Next, they should make the season shorter.

The Raptors tanked extremely hard but it was because they literally didn't get a home game this season, rather than for a draft spot, so the league mostly let it slide.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Yeah you could easily get diabetes for life packing on that much weight that fast. Holy poo poo

Just checking his wikipedia page

quote:

Swanigan inherited two key features from his biological father—height and a tendency to obesity. The elder Swanigan, who died in 2014 from complications from diabetes, was 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) and weighed nearly 500 pounds (230 kg) at his death. By the time Swanigan was entering eighth grade, he was 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) and 360 pounds (160 kg).[2] Swanigan has described his bad eating habits as primarily eating desserts and being surrounded by unhealthy food due to his family's financial situation. Swanigan's large size was the reason his aunt nicknamed him "Biggie," often saying "Biggie Biggie Biggie, can't you see."[2] His weight issues, according to ESPN writer Myron Medcalf, were also a symptom of his unstable home situation. His father had many brushes with the law, battled drug addiction for most of his adult life, and physically assaulted his wife. According to a story in Bleacher Report, he was accidentally dropped by his mother as an infant, leaving a bruise on his face; this incident led her to move with her children to Salt Lake City. For the next decade, the family bounced between Indianapolis and Utah; he recalled that he lived in five different homeless shelters and attended 13 different schools by the time he was 13.[2]

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I suppose a Kyrie Irving revenge series against the Celtics is an okay consolation prize for missing out of a Russell Westbrook vs the Nets series.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

anakha posted:

Is that Marv calling the Celts/Wiz game? I tuned in, immediately saw Kemba get a charge on Hachimura while the commentary was praising the latter for drawing the block, then muted the stream.

E: League Pass doesn't have any non-Marv options. :gonk:

After the game I heard him say “Celtics move on, and St Louis played well, so it’ll be a fun matchup between them and the Pacers”

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I guess. Watching a depleted Celtics team get swept doesn't interest me at all.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I support the play-in idea but, so far, not great.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Just furious at the Celtics

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
One game sample etc etc but clearly the hornets suffered with their ultra tiny forward rotation. Oshae Brisset seemed like someone a little better than your average doldrums late season NBA stat guy, and he looked like a solid player tonight.

Jokic told Rachel Nicols that he was drinking one gallon of coke a day before this year. God drat

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 19, 2021

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Evidently he had serious weight problems as a child.

Yeah he had a rough upbringing and this is sad poo poo

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

One game sample etc etc but clearly the hornets suffered with their ultra tiny forward rotation.

I’m honestly a little glad they got a reality check before this summer, but I’m sure the front office will take the wrong lesson from it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

I’m honestly a little glad they got a reality check before this summer, but I’m sure the front office will take the wrong lesson from it

Barnes would look good there plz send picks

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jokic told Rachel Nicols that he was drinking one gallon of coke a day before this year. God drat

A gallon!? That's most of the way to two two liters. No wonder he's league MVP now. That's like the dietary equivalent of taking off your weighted clothes. (Really? Two references in one day?)

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

What would you like them to do this offseason?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
We were talking about Garrison Mathews the other day and I learned this wild stat just now: he was tied for 4th this year in 3pt shooting fouls drawn with 22. Tied with Dame, behind Steph (40), Trae (25), Bertans (25). In his last two seasons, he has drawn a foul on 11.5% of all of his 3 point attempts.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Hand Knit posted:

I suppose a Kyrie Irving revenge series against the Celtics is an okay consolation prize for missing out of a Russell Westbrook vs the Nets series.

Now we might get a Westbrook Embiid series where Russ eliminates the 1 seed.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
only davis bertans scares me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Feel bad for caleb :(

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

euphronius posted:

Feel bad for caleb :(

yeah hearing his story definitely makes you root for him. Hopefully he can get back in shape and on a G-League or overseas team. He's only 24

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters

Dejan Bimble posted:

he was drinking that much when he was drafted but stopped when he first came to denver. iirc he drank his last coke on the flight over.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

The Maestro posted:

The game he’s referring to is Connect Four.

Underrated post

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I feel this season really drove home the need to allow higher seeds to choose their matchups. No more bullshit about teams tanking to get a lower seed to dodge hot/recently uninjured teams.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

What would you like them to do this offseason?

Keep Graham and Monk, draft a center if possible, don’t make any sudden moves. Just ride the young core for another year before shaking things up. Maybe trade Terry if it’d get you something beyond fluff

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

sixteenstraws posted:

he was drinking that much when he was drafted but stopped when he first came to denver. iirc he drank his last coke on the flight over.
He relapsed

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Coca Cola is tasty and good and I feel like Jokic when I slam one for one dollar and eight cents at the McDonald’s drive thru. Most valuable soda

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Coca Cola is tasty and good and I feel like Jokic when I slam one for one dollar and eight cents at the McDonald’s drive thru. Most valuable soda

hate them big straws tho, especially in the age of no refills due to covid

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Ammanas posted:

hate them big straws tho, especially in the age of no refills due to covid

Caron Butler just let out a single tear and doesn't know why.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1395024062401888257?s=19

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1395051897686474757

Is this what got Caris?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So is Mark Cuban still accepting crypto for payment or did he just lose a shitload

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Wow, I wonder what he's asking for? Maybe whether they want to bring Lowry back vs lean into the rebuild?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Masai asking Toronto to bring back racism so he can fight it in between drafting starters in the second round.

Realistically they should just offer him the largest contract ever given to an exec, as theyll go back to being insanely profitable in 6 months.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

WhyteRyce posted:

So is Mark Cuban still accepting crypto for payment or did he just lose a shitload

What does your heart tell you

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Is there anyone left out there who thinks Cuban is actually a smart businessman and not a glorified lottery winner?

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Lockback posted:

Wow, I wonder what he's asking for? Maybe whether they want to bring Lowry back vs lean into the rebuild?

Money is probably not an issue and he can already do whatever the gently caress he wants to on the basketball side. Masai has much more pull now than Shanahan did when he was brought in to run the Leafs and they let him tank so that shouldn’t be a problem. And the board is much more likely to think they know what they are talking about when it comes to hockey than basketball so they are probably more willing to just listen to what Masai has to say than try and talk back with their dumbass fan suggestions.

I’d guess Masai is looking for support/freedom in outside activities like Giants of Africa or community building stuff like BLM.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Is there anyone left out there who thinks Cuban is actually a smart businessman and not a glorified lottery winner?

there are many many people who believe that anyone who is rich is automatically a genius so yes

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

MourningView posted:

there are many many people who believe that anyone who is rich is automatically a genius so yes

I guess technically he's much better at business than the people running yahoo at the time were.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Masai gonna get us all cheaper cell phone plans

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

pseudodragon posted:

Money is probably not an issue and he can already do whatever the gently caress he wants to on the basketball side. Masai has much more pull now than Shanahan did when he was brought in to run the Leafs and they let him tank so that shouldn’t be a problem. And the board is much more likely to think they know what they are talking about when it comes to hockey than basketball so they are probably more willing to just listen to what Masai has to say than try and talk back with their dumbass fan suggestions.

I’d guess Masai is looking for support/freedom in outside activities like Giants of Africa or community building stuff like BLM.

Yeah. Eric Koreen, who I assume was being fed information, has spent the year saying that if Ujiri leaves the Raptors it's most likely for something outside of basketball (or, at least, above the level of a team). You put that together with both his comments about playing in the bubble last year (he's on the record as saying that playing was a mistake because it detracted from the protests) and his experiences with the Blart in Golden State and I would guess he's negotiating for stuff beyond basketball.

As for offseason plans, a more tense decision is probably around what they do with Siakam. I think everyone is on the same page with Lowry following whatever is his, Lowry's, first choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Well when you have the Rockets owner for competition….anything is possible.