Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

This is making me seriously doubt my love for both Joe Ingles and Donovan as my favorite Jazz players.

https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/1388683671427747842?s=21

#YearOfTheDunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Just a general question but preseason I put down the lakers would repeat based on the fact it was time to stop doubting LBJ; if asked that question today I wouldn’t put them even getting to the conference finals.

How many other flip floppers are in this thread?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

It was very nice of the Jazz to help Portland stay out of the play in games and help push the fraudulent Lakers into the play-in games because LeBron was so against it but if anything he should be thrilled because the NBA media machine needs more Lakers and Warriors games to broadcast to assist with revenue.

The Jazz are heroes in my eyes.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Number One Bay Bee

:buddy::hf::unsmith:

There are dozens of us!

Now it’s just the first to 16.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Unsalvageable.

I figured he was pretty upset after posting a couple of music screenshots on his instagram stories right before the game started after it was announced he was out. It was otherwise a little cryptic but you could probably make a headline out of it.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

Hello basketball thread, I bought a pair of Donovan Mitchell's shoes, I like them.

These are definitely cool. I have been giving my Issue 1 Amazing Spider-Man (blue/red) daily use. My Issue 1 Venoms see a day or so once a month.

The Issue 2 Venoms just got released and I am feeling weak...:shepspends:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

As a Jazz fan and homer that condemned what happened to Westbrook here in Utah my heart goes out to him. This sucks. It sucks because he plays a good game of ball, and he is very fun to watch and no athlete deserves this. Fans that are constantly prodding the bear deserve the mauling to follow. The league should let Westbrook loose and beat the poo poo out of the next fan to heckle him in this manner.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Phoenix is hot as balls but the things they have going for them is they have incredibly smooth roads, like perfectly smooth ribbons of asphalt covering the whole valley. They also have excellent driving and lane discipline. People zipper merge, and also plan ahead for exits, etc.

It is very pink/tan/brown though so if you like that you are in luck.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

AggressivelyStupid posted:

https://twitter.com/andyblarsen/status/1398088429146046465?s=19

Jazz fans are not content with letting Boston and Philadelphia have all the attention

As a salt lake native/resident this whole thing saddens me and it sucks. I promise the rising generation is doing better. If I had heard or seen that firsthand I would denounce it and call them out. The old generation just seems to be hanging around far too long.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Trae Young as The Villain is what this league needed and I had no idea.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

They kept receipts and I am HOWLING

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Simmons Chat is fun because I remember during the Simmons/Mitchell/Tatum ROTY conversation every talking head said they would build a team around Simmons as their top pick. I mean, De'Aaron Fox was part of that draft class, are people taking him over Simmons at this point?

Also as a Jazz fan seeing the first round record of 3-1 is giving me PTSD. I would much prefer to have a Washington Beal-/Russ team take the history making narrative.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I sincerely hope the Jazz want nothing to do with Danny other than maybe sharing the same state of residence. Don't employ him in any fashion, PLEASE. We are finally in a good space, we do not need to go backwards.

I share a religion with the guy which is plenty for me thanks. Please don't let him ruin the only professional sports team I care about.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Veryslightlymad posted:

Man, NBA coaches are about the most incestuous career choice outside of corporate CEOs. Somehow, any experience, even that of failure, makes you good enough to get hired for life and make a huge salary.

There's gotta be someone willing to make the jump from college or International, or the G-league or WNBA or whatever. Anyone would be better than Jason Kidd.

Listen, the middle aged (mostly white) men can only fail upwards. It’s the American Way.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

Hitting Jesus with a T for hanging on the rim

The username, the post, the layers. :pusheen:

Friends; the Jazz have advanced beyond the first round.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So is there any specific reason James is an idiot about getting vaccinated?

Also please don't say vaccine insecurity as that means as much as economic insecurity does as an excuse for MAGA people.

We are all hypothesizing here, but the only thing I could wrap my brain around for his reasons would be weighing the risk of side effects from the vaccine (arm soreness/injection point soreness, headaches) having an impact on his game. I assume he probably planned to get it post-season. The thing is the NBA has been able to manage the pandemic quite well, better than most cities/states/countries. He probably was like "Keep following the protocol, and it should keep working as history has shown it is working". He might have just been worried about it messing with his game in the middle of the season/playoffs.

In summary:

Traxis posted:

Maybe he's worried it will have a bad interaction with his PED regimen

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

rivetz posted:

Out of curiosity does anyone have that tweet/vid of Gobert just waiting under the hoop and like three different ball handlers have a lane but hit the brakes in a single possession? It's from April(?) I think but I think the post had no text and I can't search it.

It was against the Spurs. The wild thing is they made the mid range jumper. It was beautiful though; because they had a fast break opportunity but straight wet the bed against Gobert.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Benjamin Simmons would never

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Still relevant

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

BWV posted:

It will also work if Playoff P returns back to bad form but asking for both would be greedy

Yes that would be true, but the NBA is also a law of averages so :shrug:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I have been digesting all of last night and all that I can come up with is:

The Jazz are simply the Sixers of the West.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Uncles are a plague on the fuckin' league!

This is like the inverse of our childhood "MY UNCLE works at Nintendo!"

"My Nephew plays IN THE NBA!!! Ever heard of it?"

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Boredumb posted:

Mark Eaton (RIP) was hydroxychloroquine a guy. It's almost never good to look up what retired athletes are up to

https://twitter.com/markeaton7ft4/status/1288444195045142531?s=20

This is a league of skilled athletes learned doctors.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I have been digesting all of last night and all that I can come up with is:

The Jazz are simply the Sixers of the West.

I am quoting myself because lmao this makes me laugh much harder after watching the collapse and subsequent dunking on one Benjamin Simmons. The Sixers are really just "East Conference Jazz".

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I have many feelings on this single tweet and my hot take is they are mostly Not GoodTM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

PatBev is the worst.

CP3 has suffered injury to his coccyx.