Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

haha knicks noooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

thrilla in vanilla posted:

People were extremely pissed because Booker was like one stat away from a triple double or something and then jimmer got in the game and chucked like a psychopath and blew it. Suns fans hate jimmer

to be fair, that is incredibly funny

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

Honestly it’s just that Nurkic was either overrated in Denver (I can’t remember his play there that clearly) or the injuries ruined him. On reputation a front court of Nurkic and Covington should mean a decent defense regardless. But he’s clearly slow and unable to compensate for a backcourt with both Dame AND McCollum letting guys by.

nurkic is really, really, really good when he’s healthy

he’s just never healthy

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

y’all don’t mind if i kramer into a discussion about assists do ya

sometime in the 70s (post big o pre bird/magic), the rules/guidelines for scoring assists got changed. it used to be that players weren’t supposed to get credit for an assist if the player they passed it to did anything besides take a shot. so if they dribbled or posted up or even got into a triple threat, no assist

this changes sometime around the introduction of the three point line. in light of this, oscar and will’s achievements in dimes are actually even more impressive than they look

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

do you have a citation for this?? i've never heard this. I'm watching this highlight package now (pro click btw) and a bunch of his assists are with the guy taking a dribble first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0EPblJCcM8

it’s mostly anecdotal, i remember reading it a long time ago; i was trying to find an official rules change or anything like that but it’s the reason that guys like cousy were leading the league with 7 assists per game despite teams playing way faster back then

i’ll see if i can dig something more concrete up

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Algund Eenboom posted:

It’s true, nobody is more similar to the average basketball writer than Giannis Antetokounmpo

[giannis strides across the court in four steps, dunking over a 7 foot tall 300 pound man without breaking a sweat] he’s just like me

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

a new study bible! posted:

Western Conference is softer than the East this year.

This is separate than the Big Honey thing. Just pointing it out.

lol what

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

dokmo posted:

While I wasn't paying attention, Kelly Olynyk seems to be balling the gently caress out. I wasn't expecting that.

the new houston big 3 of kevin porter jr, kelly olynyk, and christian wood is not to be hosed with

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Lol at that idiot who took the shot instead of letting curry get 50

big jimmer energy

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i think some of that is just that mj has always been himself and forces around him moved heaven and earth to keep people from seeing that until there was no risk of him ruining his image and loving up his checks, so the people that dislike him now dislike that he was a competitive sociopath and for the person he was, not for any perceived hypocrisy or social trespass that elevates people to “villain” in the public eye

also as you said in another thread mj is just objectively cool and tom brady is... not. the bulls also had more personality (save for a brief randy moss pitstop and vince wilfork) although that might just be hindsight

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

kd doesn’t care if he’s disliked, he wants people to respect him. hence the whole “kd is not nice” campaign among other things

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Metapod posted:

Kd cares a lot

i should rephrase: he doesn’t care about doing things that would make people like him. he wants the lebron clout where he can do whatever and people will still admire him and make excuses for him, but he doesn’t want to be a goody two-shoes company man like tim duncan

honestly i think he’s mad that people never loved him and will never love him as much as russ despite kd being objectively superior at basketball, but it’s all armchair psychology

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

the kings were running a lot of princeton sets though and that’s been around since the time that princeton university basketball wasn’t a joke

plus the great innovation of the kings was that they had two bigs who were excellent passers rather than being exceedingly athletic or mobile like the ssol suns

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

The joke at 17:45 is extremely good and would never get approved by today's NBA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tagMNPWVPq0&t=1065s

that rules

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

stockton was really good

h o w e v e r if i can only have one white pg from the 80s to bring to The Modern NBA i’m shoving mr cheap shot short-shorts aside for my boy mark price

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

xbilkis posted:

I assumed the Sixers had fallen to the 3 seed or something but no, still the best record in the conference and 8-2 in their last 10 games

you just gotta scroll past honestly

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Zogo posted:

May I introduce you to Judson Buechler.

pronouncing this like jameson curry

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpears/status/1393797510020231175?s=20

Also good, hopefully that softens the blow from getting shitcanned this week

loving finally, jesus

you let in everyone that held tommy heishohn’s ashtray it’s only fair one of the 10 best players of the 2000s should get in

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

So I'm guessing this is right after Boston lost the draft lottery?

it's two days before the nba draft so not right after but it certainly keeps in the tradition of boston sour grapes

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

incidentally boston ended up with arguably the second best player in that draft and traded him away for peanuts halfway through his rookie season

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

:ssh: all sports “journalism” is grift

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

[nodding, murmurs of agreement]

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

guess the pelicans and the grizz would get kicked to the east

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i watched the klay 37 point quarter today. i’m gonna be sad if he’s never the same again

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Please bring the rear end in a top hat Suns fans from a decade ago, so that Rock and I can relive the slap fights from previous 2/7 Suns/Lakers matchups

gently caress you Tim Thomas

hunter x az posting the bad f word from beyond the grave

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

do you know what the D in DPOTY stands for?

iDf Player of the Year

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

Joel Embiid's Oregon Trail rear end immune system

please do not disrespect ibs warrior joel embiid

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

iibs

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

surprised kidd never did it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

you don’t have to defend lebron when he makes poor decisions. it’s okay. i give you permission to be mad at lebron for making stupid decisions.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

team of destiny memphis grizzlies

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

no way to prevent this

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

yea ok posted:

interesting tell me more

we gotta put kyrie irving in his place, in a way that shows our racial tolerance

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

zogo how many net points is it to cure racism

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

tyler lydon:
-coached by jim boeheim (syracuse bust city)
-can't even get 4 mpg
-pasty (looks bad under stadium lights)
-first rounder from 2017 (extremely questionable draft)

barry lyndon:
+directed by stanley kubrick (excellent track record)
+187 minutes, captivating for all of them
+beautiful cinematography (all natural lighting!)
+came out in 1975 (great year for movies, dog day afternoon? 3 days of the condor? one flew over the cuckoo's nest? jaws?? you kiddin me???)

the choice is clear

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i read this as though sga was leaving canada in free agency

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

gee brad you ever think maybe your players aren’t coming to you with this stuff because they don’t trust celtics management to do anything about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

white boy summer is off to a terrible start