Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
dang okc almost had them if only a few more 3s went in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah the reason the thunder have 1 nationally broadcasted game this year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okc has no nationally televised games, okc isn't allowing fans in the arena this year, and okc hasn't flaunted to the world that they are tanking so why would the nba care when the decisions okc is making isn't effecting cashflow?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The playin is good because Washington might sneak in because of it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
24 assists

21 rebounds

Russ

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This was obvious but Jesus christ just rest https://twitter.com/BenMehicNBA/status/1389405173903241218?s=19

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1390495961131233280?s=19

💅

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Rebounding is a fundamental skill and it's always been weird how people decided to degrade it the moment russ started getting triple doubles

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

dokmo posted:

if i can put on my analyst hat for a moment, what matters is not whether a player gets a rebound, but whether a team gets a rebound. on defensive rebounds, the player getting the rebound is adding only small marginal value, because if he didn't get it, there are 2 or 3 teammates in good position to get it. that is not the case on offensive rebounds, where there is likely only one offensive player in position to get the rebound, and the marginal value is high.

I disagree with this who gets the rebound matters a lot and changes the value dramatically on both offense and defense. If you take the lakers and on a defensive rebound either Drummond or Schröder has a chance to get it is much more valuable for Schröder to get it because he can instantly start a fast break chance when the defense is at its most vulnerable transitioning back trying to get their spots. If Drummond gets it that opportunity is most likely gone because it will take him a second or two to pass to Schröder and the window will be shut if the opponent isn't slacking.

dokmo posted:

the degrading you mention is not of his ability, which is unquestionable, but the naked cynicism of his stat padding in areas that don't translate into wins and avoidance of things that do translate into wins, like defense and shooting.

He has wins 75% of his games when his "naked cynicism of stat padding" occurs

Declan MacManus posted:

y’all don’t mind if i kramer into a discussion about assists do ya

sometime in the 70s (post big o pre bird/magic), the rules/guidelines for scoring assists got changed. it used to be that players weren’t supposed to get credit for an assist if the player they passed it to did anything besides take a shot. so if they dribbled or posted up or even got into a triple threat, no assist

this changes sometime around the introduction of the three point line. in light of this, oscar and will’s achievements in dimes are actually even more impressive than they look

That's really neat

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Euphronius the liquid you find at home depot isn't juice

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

[giannis strides across the court in four steps, dunking over a 7 foot tall 300 pound man without breaking a sweat] he’s just like me

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have tabulated the votes and i am afraid that the MVP this season is going to Cameron "Cam" Payne.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Congrats to russ on moving to 12th all time in total assists

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
1 more for the record 👏👏👏

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:3:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

kd doesn’t care if he’s disliked, he wants people to respect him. hence the whole “kd is not nice” campaign among other things

Kd cares a lot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
As a learned doctor I feel that

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/1391929741293273095?s=19

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why did the bulls get rid of Gafford? He seems pretty useful

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The best prospect is whomever okc takes first

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Go pistons

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
No one cares about the 90s George everything before 7sol doesn't matter

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

iamsosmrt posted:

This Stockton talk made me look up one of his '89 games from his most ridiculous assist season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwjseE6KhfM

It's actually jarring how terrible this gameplay looks and how much space Stockton's defenders were consistently giving him, just 0 pressure from 20+ feet like he was Ben Simmons in the playoffs. The "great" defense of that era is such horse poo poo. I don't doubt that Stockton was really really good, but these eras really can't be compared in any fair way. NBA ball has evolved so much.

Lmao Tony Allen received more on ball pressure than Stockton

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I like Trae young

My son is pure and people need to stop running into his back

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I kissed cam payne to prosperity

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

fantasy nerds and Ivy League underachievers in other words

🖥

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rick posted:

Congrats to the worst basketball team ever as rated by their fans for securing the #1 seed in the East.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If lebron is 100% there are no bad paths for the lakers

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

If Rudy gets two more DPOYs he's certainly a lock. Or even none and a chip.

He doesn't need anymore awards no one shut down the league like he did

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Algund Eenboom has accepted the Jeff green gambit

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol poku

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/JonMHamm/status/1394289214724968449?s=19

Look at the growth 😤

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

Nola has got to get better management or it’s going to be lots of wasted time with Zion.

Do you think they have the same management as they did with Davis

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Adams is a teacher he will allow zion to blossom he should be paid more imo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Carmelo Anthony accepted a trade to okc regardless of your opinion of him at that the time of the trade or now it's shows anything is possible for small market teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/AndrewKSchlecht/status/1394377874849808390?s=19

FUTURE DPOY POKU LETS GO