Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Athanatos posted:

The thunder did not deserve that

:clint: Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

a new study bible! posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1389771319873396746?s=20

PG was chosen for the PlayStation cobranding because the only place he's performing in the playoffs is 2K.

These will be 1000x easier to cop than an actual PS5

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

chilihead posted:

What does this mean? NBA thread switches to subtle conspiracy theories. First i'm going to google Bush/Kennedy then i'm going to make up a few reasons why Lebron is missing.

LeBronAnon

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Booyah- posted:

that person is Mark Cuban

Pretty sure that Mavrello disappears after the end of the season but does Cuban pretend it never existed and never mentions it again, or does he go on some podcast and laugh it off after pointedly mentioning multiple times that it was definitely someone else's idea?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

Zach Lowe is voting for:

MIP: Julius Randle

Can't argue with any of them

This implies that at some point people could handle Randle. Heresy.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Do it, Cubes. Have a team where every single player was born outside the US. Then make all the players put on a WWF "evil foreigner" gimmick is every interview.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
The Boston Globe going "it's okay to be racist if a black person made you feel bad once" is extremely unsurprising.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Doltos posted:

Lived in Tempe for a year and there's no such thing as a dry heat. It's just heat.

If you're out in direct sun, then yes a dry heat and humid nightmare heat are kind of equivalent. But dry heat has the massive advantage over 1000% humidity heat in that you can go into the shade and it actually helps.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Tae posted:

He's a ball creating shooting guard that can drive and defend. Literal whole teams don't have that.

The ability to create a ball makes him unique among NBA players. Surprisingly common among employees of the Spalding corporation, though.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Veryslightlymad posted:

Edit
Also, comparing the logo stomp to throwing a bottle is ridiculous. One victim is a person and the other is a cartoon.

I hope when the media ask him about the logo stomp, Kyrie goes into a long, prepared speech about how the Celtics logo is racist against the Irish.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwbzxemJZIc

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Alright, gently caress it. Trae Young is my new favorite player in these playoffs and I want Atlanta to win it all.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Veryslightlymad posted:

Meh.

He was more known for hanging around the post.

Yeah, but the high post.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
"Small market" is just media shorthand for "a place I don't want to have to go to cover a championship."

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Booyah- posted:

yeah he treats the franchise as his personal basketball amusement park

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1380967415660560389?s=21

The hell is going on with the guy in the background?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
If after the Celtics sent Ainge to a farm upstate, Brad Stevens comes in and gets Damian Lillard as the first deal he makes, I will never stop laughing.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

corn on the cop posted:

how'd the jazz blow it to the dude from field of dreams

Threes will drop, Ray. Threes will most definitely drop.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Tae posted:

uh is this some joke I'm missing

yes

edit: no. after some googling, it appears that the Jazz got got by 70 year old stage actor Terrence Mann. Thoughts and prayers to the Jazz.

ChickenMedium fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jun 19, 2021

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

hey jealousy three times in a row

The second time, the guy with the frisbee dog will sing. Third time: Red Panda

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

He'd never miss the chance to use the secret tunnels to sneak-attack nut-punch Paul George.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
The Mavs front office is just a bunch of dudes in matching t-shirts hanging out in Al Bundy's garage.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Ramadu posted:

suns won but honestly what the gently caress was that 4th quarter y'all

When too many people get mouthy about how the game was better back in the 80s/90s, they do a game like this to remind people

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Crazy Ted posted:

Has Kawhi ever been happy?

Kawhi Leonard: Basketball Eeyore

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

anakha posted:

Yet another tragedy has befallen an NBA player today.

https://twitter.com/alecgwin/status/1410268596723351556

Does anyone know Serbian that can read that and tell us how a horse gets "contentiously disqualified?" Google translate is not being particularly helpful.

mostly just wondering what "change of the direction of interference in the end of throat number nine" is supposed to be

ChickenMedium fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 30, 2021

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

Horse went into another horse’s lane illegally

Thank you

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Ben Simmons microdosing every game leads to a 1st team all NBA apperance.

Ben Simmons becoming basketball Dock Ellis is probably best case scenario for his career.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Magic Johnson looks more and more like Shrek every time I see him

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

BWV posted:

Team USA rolling out a cage to mid court after trailing by 10 at the half only to release Psycho T on the Serbs.

Hansbrough poo poo his pants when Metta World Peace looked in his direction. What's he going to do to bunch of Serbs?

or is that the joke and I'm just an idiot?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Dame could not possibly leave Portland without looking like a huge hypocrite. He was absolutely trapped and then the Blazers bought him a lifeboat, inflated it, floated it, and lowered the ladder for him to make a consequence-free escape from the S.S. Early Playoff Exit.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Sinteres posted:

I was surprised to see how often the team down at this point in the series has won under these circumstances.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/7game-series-outcomes.fcgi?format=22111&status=3-2&pattern=A0A0H1H1A1

Am I reading that wrong or has this never happened in the Finals? The Suns forcing a game seven here would be the first time that had happened since at least 1984?

edit: nm I forgot about the 2-3-2 change. I guess not having happened in like 7 years isn't as big a deal.

ChickenMedium fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 18, 2021

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

65k sounds amazing and I’m jealous but I also know in like 3 months will be talking about the Bucks variant that is destroying the Midwest

A lot of people in Wisconsin said they wanted to see the Bucks win a title before they died, and the Monkey's Paw will not be denied.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Adam Silver putting both Foster and Brothers on this game is absolutely a David Stern "gently caress you, I'm untouchable" move. "Oh, you want to talk about how we constantly put our most notorious refs on the most important games? Eat poo poo. Here's a potential closeout game with the absolute worst refs I can assign."

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I hate how the 16 year old in the drive thru has to tell you "my pleasure" at chik fil a. Culver's does that poo poo too. It's awful.

If the teen who takes my order/gives me my food isn't sullen and/or high, it's just weird and wrong. If I wasn't avoiding Chickfila because they are a company owned/operated by a weird cult of Christian fundamentalists, I would be avoiding them because their weird stepford employees creep me the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

three posted:

Will the NBA really invest in marketing Giannis as their premier star?

Why would they not? He's an unparalleled talent, has an amazing personal story, and seems like a genuinely nice and funny guy, with absolutely no edge to him at all making him perfect to market to kids. He's a marketers dream.