Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

kingcobweb posted:

Depends on tonight’s games- the Nuggets could switch with the Clippers if they win against them tonight, and Dallas ties the Lakers if they beat the Wizards tonight as well

https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/1388371835130109952
Hoping they end the day at 5th and not 7th.

edit:

Everyone can stop worrying about the East, they are normalizing. They are back to a team with a losing record in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'd be kind of shocked if the Trailblazers agreed to this trade. I feel like Dame is the active star most likely to play his whole career with one team. If they did, I wonder how many of those picks would be from the Mavs via the KP trade.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Mavs have added an additional mascot, Mavrello Ballovic.

"Ballovic, so the story goes, is one of the original owners of the Mavericks, dating back to their founding in 1980...His “off-the-wall” ideas for the team didn’t sit well with the other owners and he found himself and outcast. In 1988, Ballovic accidentally locked himself in a bunker only to emerge now, digging his way out with a spork."

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/..._source=twitter

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dutchy posted:

i wouldn't go that far but I can't say i'm particularly interested one way or the other in this thing that will show up on the big screen during commercial breaks when it's not the fat dancing guys and Mavs players edited into superhero movie trailers

It already showed up at one point tonight in the stream I'm watching. Cuban found him while livestreaming in the skit.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Right now I'm rooting for the Wizards to make the 8th seed and upset the Nets. It would be one of the funniest things that could happen in the playoffs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

did the mavs really just make a minion their mascot

He looks like they put Rick (of Rick and Morty), a basketball, and a Rabbid in the machine from the Fly. This is what emerged.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 2, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Imagine what the Mavs record would look like if the Knicks didn't force them to take Tim Hardaway Jr. in the Porzingis trade.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Can someone that watches the Nuggets explain to me how they haven't seemed to miss a beat after losing multiple rotation guys to injury?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I hope we get LA vs LA in round 1.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Porzingis is a great example of why games played is one of the most important stats.

edit: lol
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1389045625652580352

At times like this I wish KP's knees weren't made out of a cheap knock off of glass.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

a new study bible! posted:

Absolutely. I think the play-in is quite dumb as currently constructed, but if you reseed the entire field and allow for potentially an all-West or all-East championship series then that would be good and rad as gently caress.

This would make more sense. As it stands now, the play in punishes West teams. The East play in will see two teams with losing records face each other. This makes no sense and both those spots should be given to teams with winning records. (and if there are none, then there shouldn't be a play in that year because teams with losing records shouldn't be rewarded a chance to get into the playoffs.)

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 3, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1389241504678375425
yikes, I'm shocked at any player that isn't vaccinated at this point. I know there was some vaccine hesitancy in the league but how can any player think taking it is a bad idea now when Tatum needs an inhaler to play after getting it?

To be nice, anyone not getting the vaccine (that can) at this point is a tremendous idiot.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 3, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

When LeBron makes a rare bad move, it is always a real bad move.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/FantasyLabsNBA/status/1389283264016306177
This could end the Mavs season if it gets worse. They have a losing record without Maxi.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

euphronius posted:

If Lebron is healthy in the playoffs they are still the favorite to win

Father Time might have come for LeBron's ankle. Even if he gets better, it might be hard for him to be in playoff conditioning mode since he has never missed this much time in his career. It has typically been foolish to bet against LeBron's health but I worry we might be done seeing LeBron regularly play like LeBron.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

Russ is going to eliminate KD and Harden in the 1st round. It's beautiful.

It is one of the NBA things I am rooting for most rn.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

When does Draymond join the Avengers? Will this affect his availability for the playoffs?

He also gets to train with them. If the Avengers need Draymond at the wrong time, the play in could be ruined.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I choose to believe Miami sat Butler tonight to hurt Lebron’s seeding. I suspect Durant and Kyrie will do the same tomorrow night.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I can't believe I thought Draymond Green was cooked at the start of a season that would eventually see him get invited to join the Avengers.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Where is the best basketball journalism atm? It kind of feels like the athletic has fallen off a little. I mostly read articles from them, the ringer, and yahoo sports.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1389930788465127424

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I once booed Bush throwing out the first pitch at a Rangers game while dressed as a penguin. I did not hear any other boos and the Rangers would go on to lose the game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

We should start referring to rebounds as ball boards again.

I miss when the phrase Z bound was going for Randolph’s rebounds.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What would be a funnier first round upset Knicks over Nets or Wizards over Nets?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'm glad the Mavs are accepting doge coin and hope it continues to go up. I would like to get a lot of good Mavs tickets because of a meme crypto taking off.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

There are four legit teams... Bucks, Nets, Suns, and Nuggets.

East better.

The Nets just lost to a Dallas team missing KP. Take them out and put the Clippers and Utah in.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The East has no claim to being a better conference until their side of the playoff bracket doesn't including a team with a losing record.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Are you throwing in play-in teams into this equation because the Spurs are 3 games under. 500

I'm only counting real playoff teams (1-8 seed), not play in teams. I guess the play-in is going to force a change in not considering 9th and 10th playoff teams over time.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

euphronius posted:

The west has two high altitude home courts and two teams in la and will thus always have a natural advantage

The East has two teams in New York and two in Florida. A natural free agency advantage.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

euphronius posted:

One team in ny, Dolan doesn’t count

So the balance goes to the two Hugh altitude teams

The West is ultimately better because it has had more competent owners for like the last 20 years.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

euphronius posted:

I think players are more important than owners

Now reconcile this with your previous post about NYC only having one team because Dolan.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What is the point of NBAtv if it doesn't show games on nights with as many games as tonight?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Time posted:

I don’t think anyone will ever be able to compete with euphronius. This is next level

imo its great and makes the thread more interesting.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

This should be on this page.
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1390849868525080576

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1390861060215918592
I'll take it. This helps if they get stuck in a 3 way tie.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

It's times like this I wish there was a way to split things into Player of the Season and Most Valuable Player without it being a clusterfuck.

Does this mean Player of the Season(PoS) is best player on a good team and MVP is actually the most valuable player to their team regardless of record?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

Garland rules, they need to trade sexton and go full bore building around him

I am also in the Garland fan club.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Lakers have a chance to be the first team to follow a championship season by losing in the play in.

This season's compacted schedule was dumb.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Stevie Lee posted:

maybe LeBron should have been playing instead of doing space jam re-shoots with 90s lola

Part 2 of this dumb season is when players get injured at the Olympics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

That's presuming the full Olympics are actually going to happen with parts of Japan having just regressed back into Covid-19 Emergency protocols.

The Olympics are going to happen. The pandemic has taught me greed beats logic too much.

Red Rox posted:

Maybe there’s a curse on the favourite team? Warriors, Clippers, now Lakers.

Maybe. This season just feels like there are way more injuries. I feel like anyone playing fantasy basketball would agree.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 8, 2021