Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Might be the GOAT NBA cringe, wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
Maybe dumb q but why doesn't Montrezl Harrell play more minutes at the 5? Is his defense really bad. He has to be a better option than Drummond or going super small?

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

My favorite Jimmer Fredette fact is that he has an 8-paragraph section marketing his character on his Wikipedia page that looks like his agent wrote it. Also he talks about playing prison ball.

Only other player I've heard doing that was BJ Mullens, which should tell you everything.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

BWV posted:

Big3 needs to get him to cut promos before games.

I've been to every big3 finale and honestly, this is the only thing that could make me love it even more. Let him cut promos at Rappaport and I'd probably spend a paycheck on merch

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Metapod posted:

Giannis is going to feast in Brooklyn

Yeah only hope is Brooklyn beats them in a shoot out, which tbh could happen. Looking forward to that series (yes Boston you are hosed)

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

We should be sending players with proven championship skills in three on three. Rashard Lewis. Joe Johnson. Corey Magette.

Yeah what's the loving point of the Big3 if not a breeding ground for a way for 40 something ex NBA players to clown countries at the Olympics. Joe Johnson would legit annihilate these fools

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

I need kyrie to burn some sage and say something disparaging about Bob Cousy.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

That's it I'm a Nets fan lmao

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

I need Ray Allen to chime in, where are you ray

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

As someone who still wears my mkg bobcats shirt underneath my sean may jersey, hell ya brother

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Spacebump posted:

LMAO this makes a loss more likely.

God damnit why are you making me want the Clippers to win

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Yeah the Stotts thing seems like fall guy poo poo. Give him defensive players other than covington and maybe they win a basketball game?

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

In buds defense, they lost because Middleton was bricking everything. He gets to even a bad shooting % and they win.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Ragnarok the Red posted:

What the gently caress are these playoffs?! :psyduck:

The Clippers look like they're fuckin' dead on FOUR separate occasions (down 2-0 to the Mavs, then down 3-2, then down 2-0 to the Jazz, then they lose Kawhi before Game 5 on Utah's home floor) and they just keep winning.

The Bucks get the biggest injuries-to-the-opponent's-best-players break since the Warriors playing the Cavs without Irving or Love in the '15 Finals and find themselves down 3-2 to the Nets with the most winnable Eastern Conference in Giannis' career.

The Sixers blow two games they should've won, including one with a 26 point lead, and already advanced to the ECF, with their alleged 2nd best player taking a combined two shots in the second halves of the two games.

The Suns sweep the Nuggets and it looks like CP3 might have a shot at finally getting his ring, but he inexplicably gets a vaccine breakthrough case of Covid and could potentially miss the first game or two of the WCF.

Just....what? :psypop:

It loving owns. Give me Trae Young finals MVP

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

How is Doc Rivers escaping criticism here? He has had godawful offensive schemes and rotations. And has a history of being a petty, lovely coach and talent evaluator. Like how the gently caress does he continue to bamboozle people from one good year on the Celtics 13 years ago

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Don't they have spatial cameras all over the loving place? Just let a neural net make an instant decision on these instead of the refs

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

According to what I saw on Twitter, 1998, no charges, civil settlement, nothing since?

Antoine walker sued him probably over it. It was the 90s pre internet bigness, before he was a star, so he mostly got away with it, but he most definitely is rapist. I 1000% agree with making rapists pariahs, still think Kobe and Derrick Rose should have never been given second chances. Rape is extremely hard to prove in legal sense so these guys lawyer their ways out of it.

gently caress of all of them, especially when Blazers could have hired Hammon.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

of course the fingers crossed depletes any possible good will of the gesture.

I love how much of a little poo poo he is

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Kibner posted:

It is not what happened. Nichols accidentally turned on her recording equipment and uploaded what it recorded to ESPN servers. ESPN did not initiate the recording. Nichols did.

But another employee leaked it? I mean she is right even if what she said is lovely. And in her defense, ESPN is terrible to women in general, so she is probably right to be skeptical of ESPN breaking their agreement with her. Her reasoning is racist obviously but everyone else is just as bad if not worse here (except Maria Taylor)

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Lol this makes so much more sense now, having known nothing about the situation until today I just thought they were all uncomfortable talking about their money. Jalen is a hero

Yeah Jalen is a badass. I think all of this just shows, again, how toxic ESPN leadership is. They publicly try to sabotage one of their best new talents because she wanted to get paid more. And likely pit their 2 of only a handful of women employees against each other. I am not a Nichols fan but anyone can see the sexism here a mile away (loving lebron james'spokeman is on the other side of the call) and heads should roll at executive level but won't

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

a new study bible! posted:

I've been playing Disco Elysium and I feel like Dwight Howard is the best NBA analogue to Harry, but I'm sure there's a better option out there.

Klay Thompson

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Bucks really missing DiVicenzo.

Also as a lifelong Chris Paul hater (I am an nc state fan), this has been glorious

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Maybe not a popular opinion but Giannis is a much, much more dangerous offensive threat than prime Garnett. Giannis is Shaq with a jumpshot, how do you loving stop that. Defensively is roughly a wash. So I take Giannis 9/10 times

Though I would love to have Kevin Garnett taking Phoenix rear end suns-style 20 footers while getting all on fours barking like a dog -- for entertainment purposes.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Metapod posted:

KG played in a slower era and was a much more midrange post oriented player. Giannis is a transition monster in a faster era. Comparing ppg stats doesn't tell the whole story like look at the winshare and vorp differences

KG winshare only higher because of minutes played, rate states Giannis ranks higher across the board. In how they score, KG took and insanely higher number of assisted shots (like 2 to 1) while lower usage overall. Giannis is better at everything except shooting 20 footers and being a bad teammate to Ray Allen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Yeah, people don't remember Barkley for being title-less. They remember him for throwing that guy through the burger king window and all the awkward dui blowjob conversations