Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
That playoff chart with the lakers playing the busted nugs and then the playin/suns seems a little too convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Dame is almost certainly sick of the low energy small market with no will to win. Once he gets to a real city he can shine.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Spacebump posted:

The Mavs have added an additional mascot, Mavrello Ballovic.

"Ballovic, so the story goes, is one of the original owners of the Mavericks, dating back to their founding in 1980...His “off-the-wall” ideas for the team didn’t sit well with the other owners and he found himself and outcast. In 1988, Ballovic accidentally locked himself in a bunker only to emerge now, digging his way out with a spork."

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/..._source=twitter

I'm glad Mr Mets escaped rapist cousin is canon.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

indigi posted:

why doesn’t every team just lie and put “DNP - tummy ache” on the injury report or whatever

It's hard to be as good as Joel.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Do arenas have all solid state lighting now?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

In pod don't lie this week they talked for 10 minutes on how stavs penis compares to Brett favres penis during a discussion of ja morant

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Surprised Wilt didn't do that at least once

50 assists is a lot.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

rivetz posted:

Anyone remember that story from quite a ways back in the day someone brought in here, outlining how either his girlfriend or his friend's girlfriend got propositioned at a restaurant where MJ was having dinner? Like, someone in MJ's entourage came up to the table while the guy was in the restroom and was like, "Hello Michael wants to gently caress you, please meet out front in 5" or some such? I assume that's far from unusual in the world of mega-stardom but the story's stuck with me for some reason. My recollection is that whoever told it was speaking from personal knowledge, like was <2 degrees separated from the people involved.

Was it the mullet dude who asked?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Poque posted:

That sculptor always adds worrying vaguely-human shapes to their statues. Michael Jordan is dunking over some kind of dementor amalgamation and the Harry Caray one outside Wrigley makes it look like he's gleefully sending a bunch of babies to hell

MJJ literally dunked on a fully open arc of the covenant and platoon of Nazis

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Lebroalt lake city seems like a funny outcome

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Algund Eenboom posted:

Why does dirk’s watch look like it’s photoshopped in

Might be a weird rolling shutter artifact from a moving arm

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Does basketball reference immediately update the algorithm for the HoF percentage tool as soon as new people are inducted?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zogo posted:

It updates it occasionally based on stats etc. A few months ago Jokic had a 4% HOF chance. Right now he's at 16%.

But there are two parts here, one is an algorithm which turns stats of players into a percentage change of making the hall of fame. The second is the creation of the algorithm itself which takes all past players and performs a neural network fit based on which stats correlate to making the hall of fame, this only needs to be updated whenever new people are inducted because all of the stats for retired players are static.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why are the playins 7-8 9-10 and not 7-10 8-9

so the winner of 7-8 gets to play one fewer game

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ok, it's 11/11 on free throws

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

the play-in losers get a lottery pick right? why would the Celtics even attempt to win

I mean the players make more money and Brad Stevens might get canned if they lose, who's going to tell them they better brick shots so a rookie can replace them on the roster?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It seems like the pells should be able to low ball Simmons leveraging his Louisiana roots

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Poku is going to become a gym rat and Zion level jacked and somehow forgot how to play basketball completely

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Doing prostate exams?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
For rookie of the year as an award specifically I'd say an improvement trajectory is actually important and worthy to discount early performances.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fate Accomplice posted:

Real funny you all pretending Ben Simmons isn’t gonna win rookie of the year for the 5th straight year

He's a rookie but the twist is he's bad.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Life sized!?!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
drain them balls in stephs face

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
How much money has this lakers stint cost Drummond? He wasn't getting the max he wanted before but it has to be a lot worse now.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MourningView posted:

He's basically the same guy he has always been and has been given away for nothing twice since he signed his last big deal, I don't think he was getting much either way. Even without the Lakers stint I can't imagine him getting much more than Whiteside did last year.

While that is true I wonder if he is demystifying a GM thinking that they had a drummond sized hole and only if he was in a good environment.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I never noticed the cardinals

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Will the refs take away trae's foul drawing bs in the playoffs, the way they've taken away jim harden's?

Um clear league knicks bias

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Cavauro posted:

using a powerful computer i've zoomed in extraordinarily far on the questionable 3-point shot in overtime in order to get the best possible look at whether or not his foot was on the line. the image speaks for itself

bladerunner but only only zoom

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Did anyone ask Taylor Jenkins how it felt to be insanely bailed out by good play (and a draymond airball) on that replay botch?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

this checks out

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Chairchucker posted:

I'm glad the Grizzlies won, now I hope they follow that up by losing.

I currently have them slotted in as "not frauds" if they play some cool basketball even if they lose the series I might keep that rating.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

possible misuse of "point god" imo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean he's one of the top in the league year 2 but it's not a drat pantheon here

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Lebron, pregame, dressed like battlefield earth forest whitaker

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
ed: wrong thread

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Papes posted:

Thai food, this more obvious than the mvp

nachos dude

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Didn’t he just buy a super expensive house in the area? I know he is from there but I assumed that meant he is staying.

Every player owns a big house in Southern California

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
What if there is an ncaa style tournament to start the regular season. The winner gets the 1 seed. Then there is a second ncaa style tournament and then winner of that one gets the 2 seed. This is repeated until the playoffs are seeded, then the playoffs begin. That is the whole regular season.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I just want tibbs in Larry Bird shorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Big titty'd lobster