Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rivetz posted:

The one that interests me is whether they'll manage to convince Norm Powell to re-sign. Olshey has maintained from day one that CJ is effectively untouchable, but that was before Powell was on the team. I love CJ's game but think Powell is a better fit next to Dame. I don't know what the advanced stats say but I think he's a better defender and it seems like he gets into the paint so much more often. However I don't see how they can fit Powell without moving another big piece. Nurkic won't do it, plus he anchors the "defense"; good luck getting anyone to take on CJ's contract. Regardless they seem focused on keeping him around. Recent Athletic piece:

Stuff like this is why I think moving on from Olshey would be a really big mistake. There are a lot of similar stories over his tenure that demonstrate his philosophy re: small-market challenges.

anyway, prognosis: Move on from Stotts, sell out to keep Powell, keep Nurk if you can, hope for no more season-ending injuries :xd: yeah right, be happy with 2nd round because realistically anything more is gravy

this is really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Katana_Warrior posted:

offensive rebounds off of your own missed shots shouldn't count either.

call it the Ricky Davis Rule

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think being mentally shattered from people hating your old lady shoe counts as an injury

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hifi posted:

William Williamson

I went to high school with a William Williamson III

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

didn't he do this in the regular season too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Maybe LeBron got left off the olympic team

Paperback Writer posted:

oh yeah today’s the lottery! Need that Minny pick to not be top 3

We've known it would be at 4 from the moment they made that trade don't lie

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sometimes you do everything right and the other team just does something ridiculous

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zogo posted:

Here are the nine preseason voters who may have correctly guessed the finals teams:

code:
Voter			Select the Finals winner:	Select the Finals loser:
katana_warrior		Clippers			Bucks
Algund Eenboom		Clippers			Bucks
Dejan Bimble		Clippers			Bucks
chickenmedium		Bucks				Clippers
Bjay9			Bucks				Clippers
Red Rox			Bucks				Clippers
Boonoo			Bucks				Clippers
Blind Pineapple		Bucks				Clippers
Starks			Bucks				Clippers
Nobody had the Suns or Hawks making the finals.

How many people had the ecf or wcf right?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zogo posted:

One.

You were the only voter to select Hawks vs. Bucks in the ECF.
Nobody had Suns vs. Clippers in the WCF.

nice

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

a new study bible! posted:

I will make a bet with you right now that Simmons will not be scoring 21 PPG four years from now.

I'm getting Rubio flashbacks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

There was talk of him playing in a game 7 of the wcf, but no idea if that was realistic, optimistic, or just gamesmanship.

Vegas odds seem to be pretty confident, for what is worth.

feels pretty unrealistic for him to switch conferences in the middle of the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm sure Zogo can come up with a better answer based off of better metrics, but if you buy into PER, it is supposed to always have an average of 15, and two players have exactly 15 this year: Andrew Wiggins and Daniel Theis. I could believe Wiggins washes out to exactly average, but Theis straight up being "average" actually feels vaguely legit.

Oh, right. I remember running across that problem when I was trying to find another center for the team. All the really good ones are from other countries, except for Bam.

I think 15 is supposed to be an average NBA starter, not average player