Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Welcome to May 2021 Goons.

Today also kicks off international Workers day:

This is the MAY chat where we MAY discuss things, some of which MAY relate to guns.

April thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963916

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Cross posting my post from the blessed thread.

My nephew loves my dog and has been wishing for one of his own.

My dog for reference.

Today a mini version appeared in their yard.

My nephew now believes he wished a copy of my dog in to existence. He's currently playing with him in the backyard.
The dogs real owner has been found and contacted.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Got my second dose of Pfizer today. It's been six hours and I'm not feeling terrible, but I'm not getting any 5G connectivity either.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

So pat yourself on the back and give yourself a handshake
'Cause everything is not yet lost

Pillbug

Somebody Awful posted:

Got my second dose of Pfizer today. It's been six hours and I'm not feeling terrible, but I'm not getting any 5G connectivity either.

My first dose was worse than my second but I also took time off for my second and tried to work through my first so that’s a big factor there.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

kupachek posted:

Just gonna have to have a KYcosmoline wrasslin match between you two to see who qualifies.

I'm greasin' up my whozits!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Mrs. T's RA is under control for the first time in a while, so she wanted to go shooting. And we did. Revolver day for me (and my 22/45), 1911 day for her. Her 45 and my Model 10 probably got the biggest workouts. She hasn't been able to go shooting with me very much lately, so this was a nice treat. And even without regular practice, she still shoots her 45 really well. It's maddening.

Some guys a few stalls down were being a wee bit obnoxious with their ARs, at one point having a mag-dumping contest. They did a lot of that, even with their pistols. When they started sweeping up at the end of the hour, I asked if they reloaded, they said no, and they swept up their brass for me. I was just going to grab what was around our feet. We got to talking, and they're OK guys. One of the dudes is a California transplant, who is just now able to get into guns other than 22's. He was marveling at how favorable Illinois' gun laws are.

How hosed up are your state's gun laws when Illinois is practically Texas in comparison?

My favorite range officer, Dennis the Menace, was manning the store. He told me to look at the steel plates on the ceiling when I got out there. Sure enough, in a spot about 4 yards from the line, there was a big-rear end dent from a 44 magnum. Remember the four rules, folks!

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

happy actual labor day, fellow gunhavers

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

tarlibone posted:

How hosed up are your state's gun laws when Illinois is practically Texas in comparison?
I could wax poetically for hours on this topic, but I'd be repeating myself yet again.

It's not just that the laws are overly restrictive, but numerous, arbitrary, and confusing; and that's just on the written level, not the enforcement level.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I have my wireless access point finally set up. Well, not totally set up. It's just mocked up right now, but it's all hooked up and working. I went with a Joowin (AC 1200), from Amazon. It wasn't very expensive, and even though I ended up buying flat Cat6 cable because I'm an idiot, I think I can get this working semi – professionally. I'm in my garage right now, I have almost full bars, and before, I would not have even been able to connect unless some 5G snuck through. So, this isn't too bad. My whole tiny backyard is more than covered.

I would have had to select the 2.4 or 5.8 G connections to go with repeater mode, so instead, I set it up as a separate access point called Partytown. Because we really party down. And, if the inside AP is just barely strong enough, we can switch to the more powerful signal more easily.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

tarlibone posted:

I have my wireless access point finally set up. Well, not totally set up. It's just mocked up right now, but it's all hooked up and working. I went with a Joowin (AC 1200), from Amazon. It wasn't very expensive, and even though I ended up buying flat Cat6 cable because I'm an idiot, I think I can get this working semi – professionally. I'm in my garage right now, I have almost full bars, and before, I would not have even been able to connect unless some 5G snuck through. So, this isn't too bad. My whole tiny backyard is more than covered.

I would have had to select the 2.4 or 5.8 G connections to go with repeater mode, so instead, I set it up as a separate access point called Partytown. Because we really party down. And, if the inside AP is just barely strong enough, we can switch to the more powerful signal more easily.

I like to go with things like "FBI van #3" for an ssid. Keep 'em guessing. Even more fun when the neighbor renames their network "FBI van #1".

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I feel like everywhere I've lived there's been at least one "FBI Van #XXX"

Mine is called The Missing Linksys.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Akion posted:

I feel like everywhere I've lived there's been at least one "FBI Van #XXX"

Mine is called The Missing Linksys.

Mine is called SETEC ASTRONOMY

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

V-Day + 1 report: feeling a bit fatigued and have a sore arm, but this is going way better than expected.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

Mine have been Flowers By Irene and Russian Consulate 254b

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Someone in range of my house went with Virus Upload

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

We both like to hang out in public bathrooms?!

Somebody Awful posted:

V-Day + 1 report: feeling a bit fatigued and have a sore arm, but this is going way better than expected.

Gonna need you to stand out in the open away from tall structures and trees, having a bit of trouble locking onto your connection.
According to this, you're at... N25° 35.216' W65° 04.754'?
damned rushed production of the chips.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

One of my neighbors is a tennis academy of some sort.

My brother had Her You Own Wifi Penny or whatever from Big Bang Theory.

I like the FBI ones, and Flowers By Irene is a classic. I know to many people who have done those, though. So my deal is, if you're over at the T House, and we're hanging on the backyard, you might ask, what's the wifi? And I say, Partytown, fast if you can see it, slow if you can't.

But you won't get the password without saying the right phrase.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Wience Fiction.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

The only neighbor wifi I can reach is "DEEZ NUTZ"

He's classy.

Sy Borg
Sep 20, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I've been using This Charming LAN for awhile. Thanks Morrissey, for a decent song and SSID name.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

Sitting in an airport one day, I noticed someone's phone hotspot was named "Say Dogfarts Out Loud For Password."

Shamefully I didn't test it because I was with a coworker.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

When Occupy Wall Street was going on outside my office ten years ago I thought someone was trying to be funny calling their open, unsecured WiFi "NYPD TOC" but nope, turns out I was actually stealing internet from the po-lice. Only found out when they finally got around to putting a login screen to it.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

infrared35 posted:

Mine is called SETEC ASTRONOMY

drat, that's a throwback

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Ugly In The Morning posted:

When Occupy Wall Street was going on outside my office ten years ago I thought someone was trying to be funny calling their open, unsecured WiFi "NYPD TOC" but nope, turns out I was actually stealing internet from the po-lice. Only found out when they finally got around to putting a login screen to it.

Hey brother, when is that podcast coming out?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Captain Log posted:

Hey brother, when is that podcast coming out?

I’ll ask HGB, he does the editing and releases ‘em.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

I got my second Pfizer dose around noon on Sunday.

Arm got a little sore that afternoon. Headache a little later.

At midnight on the damned dot I got chills.

I soaked completely through the bedsheets with my sweat.

Yesterday, every joint just ached on top of the headache.

Soaked completely through the then-freshly washed bedsheets last night, but otherwise feel fine right now.

10/10 would do again.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Recently started trying Deathwish coffee. I would recommend it just on the basis that it'll turn your bowels into a pneumatic railway.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Recently started trying Deathwish coffee. I would recommend it just on the basis that it'll turn your bowels into a pneumatic railway.

Every time I see the name of that company I think of the time they had a recall because of botulism and everyone wrote snarky headlines about it.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I NEED EVERYONE TO STOP WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND PAY ATTENTION TO ME RIGHT NOW.

I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE.

I am picking up this Very Good Boy in two weeks.

You may now return to your previous activity.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

You can't just fly in here, drop that poo poo on us, and not even tell us that good boys name.

Mods, probate this man.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Akion posted:

You can't just fly in here, drop that poo poo on us, and not even tell us that good boys name.

Mods, probate this man.

He's not a man, he's a robot, and his post is just further proof that they are not to be trusted.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Clearly Mr. President is lost.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Gray Stormy posted:

I NEED EVERYONE TO STOP WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND PAY ATTENTION TO ME RIGHT NOW.

I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE.

I am picking up this Very Good Boy in two weeks.

You may now return to your previous activity.

"I'm a business man, you are a business man. We look forward to your cooperation. Chew on shoes, or no? Juuuust checking."

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

infrared35 posted:

He's not a man, he's a robot, and his post is just further proof that they are not to be trusted.

I thought he was a sentient Space Mantis that moonlighted in a Mariachi band.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Regular coffee does this to me. If I tried the deathwish stuff I would be in the running for NASA's moon landing contract.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Akion posted:

Mods, probate this man.

He is called Zeus!

Im anxious to share his adventures with my corgi with you all.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

My wife got Deathwish once; we heard about it on either some TV show or a video we'd watched on YouTube. I can't remember, as it was a few years ago.

I was not a coffee drinker at the time, but I tried it, and it was just really strong coffee, far as I could tell. She spent a pretty penny on it, so she soldiered on through as much of it as she could, but we ended up discarding quite a bit of it because it was, frankly, terrible. I think you can get the same basic experience by buying prison-grade generic coffee (the stuff that makes plain-Jane Folgers look gourmet) and using 3 times the normal amount of coffee for each serving.

We weren't fans.

Best bang for your coffee buck in terms of balancing good taste and cheap price? Probably Duncan Donuts.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

tarlibone posted:

Duncan Donuts.

BRB, registering this trademark

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Just got my second Moderna shot, interested to see how the next day or two go for me. Have a work dinner tonight at a high end steakhouse so I just need it to not kick my rear end until after that so I don't miss out on a free fancy meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

The "industry consensus" is that Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' have Great Coffee for the price.

Deathwish is really just a gimmick and ranks right down there with Starbucks.