Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sad question
May 30, 2020

I liked it when Chief staged a strike because children workers kept getting stuck in the machine gears and Adama responded by threatening to airlock his cabbage smelling wife. But it's okay because at the end Roslin tells hims that his feedback is appreciated and she will get back to him as soon as possible.

I imagine kids were getting ground into paste until the last episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sad question
May 30, 2020

Tighclops posted:

This is ultimately why the mutiny was justified

On another hand Adama and Roslin smoke a big loving blunt so they are a land of contrasts.

sad question
May 30, 2020

My favourite Baltar phase is when he becomes a marxist revolutionary and writes a manifesto with a pen hidden in his rear end.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Lol just wait a few seasons.

Also holy hell it you look at the title crawls for each episode over 6000 people died either as a result of Cloud 9 exploding or during the subsequent year on New Caprica before the Cylons showed up.
For such a small detail that human counter at the start is amazingly bleak at times if you pay attention.

sad question
May 30, 2020

The biggest tragedy of Gaeta is that he did not realize his genius idea of restaurants shaped like food.

sad question
May 30, 2020

They all died of dysentery as soon as meds ran out.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Baltar definitely banged some Neanderthal lady.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Should have made Hot Dog an admiral.

sad question
May 30, 2020

I don't know if it's the case here but BSG did sometimes use unaired material in "previously on" segments.

sad question
May 30, 2020

They threw darts at the board during s3 to choose final five.

I am being literal.

sad question
May 30, 2020

On rewatch I was surprised to see them show up after the coup. After Adama's speech I thought he'd space everyone who participated but I guess only leaders got the death penalty.

PittTheElder posted:

As much as a babe as Nicki Clyne is (also god drat what a hosed up sex cult that turned out to be, even by sex cult standards), my heart will always belong to Leah "Racetrack" Cairns, who took it upon herself to act as though she had an unrequited love for Helo, because her and Tahmoh had read a Helo/Racetrack slashfic one time

See, now this is an acting choice I can respect.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Regarding "the plan", or lack thereof, it was disappointing that cylons basically make poo poo up as they go along (much like writers). But at the same time, it makes certain amount of sense since they are a very young species and society. Individual cylons are still grappling with their strong emotions like they're going through robo puberty. Despite appearance of unity the number groups vary strongly in their world views (especially religion) and approaches to life. Not to mention, there's an entire faction of Cavils that manipulate others for their own gain.

It's a civilization of robo teens that want to sound cool and have an inflated sense of their importance. They do have power (unluckily for humanity) so they can gently caress poo poo up but when it comes to long term plans they're coasting on belief that everything will work out so they can leave homework until the last moment. They may believe they "have a plan" but they don't know what they're doing and never did. Until the end of the series, I guess, when things get so bad they have to grow up a little to survive.

sad question
May 30, 2020

There's a great blooper where someone farts during a scene with Tigh and Adama and they completely lose it. Two grown men crying with laughter and almost falling over because of a fart.

sad question
May 30, 2020

They probably should have airlocked the guys who executed the government at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sad question
May 30, 2020

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm gonna do a rewatch of the series with the one rule that I entirely skip Black Market

But you have to watch Woman King twice