Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Its been years since ive seen the 03 series but why do people love Scar so much? It doesn't even make sense. All the cylons die and get resurrected but apparently only this one ship ever bothers to learn anything from it to be a better pilot? Huh? Scar cant communicate advanced space combat tactics or whateverthefuck to other ships? With all the raiders they kill over the series shouldn't there be like entire squadrons of red baron raiders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Maybe it would have been too soon or too cliche but Cain rescuing Galactica during the evacuation of new Caprica would have been cool but I guess fat Lee needed it more.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

sean10mm posted:

I haven't watched this in forever, which seasons are actually good and is there a good cut off in the narrative before the final, dogshit ending?

Just pretend the show is viewed through the eyes of Dee and stop when she offs herself.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Do they ever reference that episode or any of the union stuff ever again? Or is it just "yeah everyones working again and are happy now check out this sick military poo poo"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Never mentioned again if i remember correctly.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Like we just got rid of Crashdown and I couldn't tell him apart from Helo anyway

Lol what

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kinda hosed up that noone was allowed to just live out the rest of their life on a ship peacefully. Like oh you're 85 years old and wheelchair bound? Sucks for you grandpa wheel your rear end down to new earth fucker.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hoshi could have stayed aboard Galactica and bombarded the planet of caveman fuckers from space and put an end to this whole cycle but no. Not my admiral.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

33 or like a heavily condensed edit of the mini series.

Mister Speaker posted:

D'you suppose fighter pilots are that emotionally unstable and incestuous in real life?

I know the stim use isn't far off from the truth, at least.

most fighter pilots are boring and dont actually do anything remotely cool

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Racetrack escaping the firing squad somehow then loving everything up in the finale was peak of that entire season

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What the real world military doesn't send fighter pilots to do hostage rescue?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I forgot why wasn't Racetrack vented out into space for being part of the mutiny? Did they just give blanket amnesty to everyone other than Tom and what's his face, the one legged phone guy.

Also lol that racetrack goes out in spectacular fashion just firing off a missile salvo and blowing a buncha poo poo up.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Racetrack didn't go out like a boss. She got a few vents in her chest and her corpse ended up destroying the Cylon home base when her hand slipped and hit the "launch a fuckton of missiles" button.

Yeah I meant spectacularly funny.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I don't think he's in TLOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

fuuuuuuck.. youre right. Completely went over my head that that was him.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Survivors of The The Fleet

So this graph is literally "people living on a spaceship" nd not total survivors of humanity. Is that huge pink dip during the occupation of NC supposed to be people transitioning from ship to planet or people getting killed by Cylons? I'm guessing the former since why would there be a big spike after the rescue since its not like those people were dead and all came back to life.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Was bullshit how Adama had his brains splattered all over the launch tube then went "eh we good fam" to everyone else involved.

In conclusion :

Falathrim posted:

Tom Zarek was right.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

At least Rhinox got to live as a non transmetal instead of getting yeeted into lava like poor Terrasaur and Scorpinok. RIP to 2 real ones.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wasnt that just some poo poo they found in whatever warehouse they were filming at and they decided to use it? maybe not my memory is trash

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Data Graham posted:

It's really funny whenever there's a fictional device where they have developed every single piece of infrastructure around the perfect humanlike robot except, uh, the brain. Just that last minor little detail

As opposed to, like, the brain being the first thing you have, and iterate it over and over for decades and gradually start building peripheral systems around it to interact with the real world

They perfected the Real Doll then just decided to stick an AI chip in it

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Depends what your kink is I guess

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

BiggestBatman posted:

I maintain that the concept of dropping the fleet into the sun isn't the problem, it's the execution. The ships simply fly out of shot towards a bright light, and then that's all we see.

The show is named after the ship and they don't bother to show its destruction. Imagine the poignancy of watching the namesake for the show broken apart and disintegrated by the sun, in wrenching detail.

People claim this as some sort of conceptual or tactical laziness, but the laziness was in just explaining what the plan is over boring footage.

The ship basically "dies" on its final jump to Earth anyway. It's sorta grotesque that you want to see it incinerated piece by piece in its final shot.
Its like "man T2 was great but I wish Arnold was screaming in agony while being lowered into the lava"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is the reboot still happening? Wonder how it's gonna go without the war on terror angle to lean on.