Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Talk about Battlestar Galactica for whichever series you want. You've got the 78 series, the 2004 series and the upcoming series we know next to nothing about.

But we don't talk about Galactica 1980

That's fair enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

The original ending, if I recall correctly, was going to involve Galatica's final jump not just be to Earth, but into Earth's atmosphere and it plummeting to the ground and crashlanding somewhere in South America so that everyone was kind of forced to give up their their tech and stick it out on Earth because the center of their civilization was now a pancaked mess of metal in a crater in the Amazon. The 500,000 year flash forward would have had modern day scientists discovering the Galactica's wreckage on ground penetrating sonar rather than Hera's body as Mitochondrial Eve.

I think it was scrapped because the science advisor flat out told them that the crash would not only kill everyone aboard Galactica, but also result in a nuclear winter that would wipe out all life on Earth given Galactica's size and speed upon impact.

or because they realised that's the exact same point that the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy TV show ends on.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I hadn’t thought of that. Yeah, it’s fairly similar to “I, Borg”. No Helo saving the day in that one, though; Picard independently realizes that genocide is bad and doesn’t follow through with the plan.

Picard is a better person than both Adams and especially Roslin.

Picard is a better person than [I[everyone is all of sci-fi[/I]

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

it's full of bugs