Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The most iconic couple in tech
This poll is closed.
Mark and Priscilla 2 2.60%
Bezos and whomever his new girlfriend is 2 2.60%
Serena Williams and that guy that started reddit 5 6.49%
esr and his guns 5 6.49%
rms and his toes 16 20.78%
ballmer and the microsoft mouse that looks like his sweat 7 9.09%
satya doen't need anybody 8 10.39%
steve jobs and cancer 20 25.97%
the woz and me (in my dreams) 12 15.58%
Total: 38 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

rotor posted:

cant wait to take bill out to the clubs as a newly single dude, just ready to play the field

literally this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjgVBMgOvHc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1390472663500562432

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

The Management posted:

is this about the Jeffery Epstein money thing?

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

my parents did

Jonny 290 posted:

same. month after my brother graduated, splitsville

looking back in hindsight, was that good for them to have done?

I've got some extended family that might be better off divorced, and I'm weighing whether I should make a "think of the children and just get divorced" argument

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Poopernickel posted:

I've got some extended family that might be better off divorced, and I'm weighing whether I should make a "think of the children and just get divorced" argument

my experience is that amicable divorce where no one has cheated on anyone is cool when kids are older but that's pretty rare and generally i think "staying together for the sake of the children" is for the best unless there's abuse (obvy) or if one or both partners just cannot hold their poo poo together

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

like i guess you can stay together in your role as the kids parents but just accept that your romantic relationship is at an end

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gentle Autist posted:

like i guess you can stay together in your role as the kids parents but just accept that your romantic relationship is at an end

Sometimes you're extremely upset that your husband went to pedophile island, and divorce him 8 years later.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Poopernickel posted:

It was great for my mom, who immediately stopped going to the church she dragged us through and found a new family that was better than her old one.

My dad turned his alcoholism up to 11 and jumped 13 stories to his death after his PPG pension got denied because he was drunk on the job.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
goddamn

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
It sounds awful and like i'm blase about it, but dying was the biggest mercy the universe could have bestowed on that miserable, joy-sucking, racist, depression-spreading, eeyore motherfucker. He gave up on life when he accidentally fathered me out of wedlock and the entirety of my life was him lowkey reminding me that I hosed Everything Up For Him.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the goddamn is for you having to live through that. sorry your dad was poo poo.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I like to think i turned out a pretty decent dude notwithstanding. my only real life goal is to be a better person than my dad - not that that's a tall order - but it keeps me in line and reminds me to watch my boozing and doomering.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i think anyone who stays together for the kids should look at their kids and think " if my kid was in this position twenty or thirty years from now, what would i want them to do"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Poopernickel posted:

idk. my parents didnt fight or anything and got along well enough so my sister and i grew up in a stable and supportive household. as far as i know there wasnt any cheating involved. it took about a year or two before either of them started seeing other people and theyre both happier people now and remarried to good people, and it was pretty easy for me since i was already out of the house. it was harder on my sister since they did it right around the time she graduated high school so she wasnt fully out of the house for another 2 years or so (she commuted to an in state university), but it probably was easier for her than it would have been if they split when we were little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1397657189800570880