Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Marie

"Haw, naw, these ain't even remotely licensed," Roxie confirms with a laugh.

Marie does, in fact, get a free cookie from Jenna before the team departs the food truck.

Hotel Melbourne gets back to her during her manic RoofDash/Headpatter spree, stating that those guns weren't sold by them, and without letting on too much about who they've talked to, can say that nobody has sold them any time recently. The guns have probably been in storage for a while.

---
Omar

Omar's paranoia serves him well, as he receives a few blank texts on the phones while they're on; it's clear that someone is looking for these. Once cracked, he finds that they're universally empty save for one common number on the call history from the day of the riots, and one phone which has a singular note on it: Locker Combo 8180. Location history shows them starting at various places outside the district and converging over by Uhuru Skatepark before losing track, and the phone call looks like it can be traced to payphones originating in one block near a small Goliath Inc. station.

His canvassing of local establishments yields less success, though he can determine that the people in the hit squad were most likely not residents inside the district.

---
Evie

Evie's community canvassing is similarly uneventful, though everyone appreciates the snacks and the fresh flowers.

Observing the local security leads to some interesting trends, however, and she's able to identify that the armor and tactics clearly belong to Goliath Inc. It's pretty obvious when comparing Roxie's guncam photos to members various patrols, but it seems a bit off because Goliath doesn't normally have a big presence in Uhuru. They only have one underfunded station in a converted strip mall, and it doesn't look like people normally get schedule breaks during their long shifts. While that initially seems problematic, it most likely leads to significant watchstander fatigue.

---
Bluey

Bluey's friends in low places can confirm that these weren't weapons that any professionally organized group would use, and she's asked which bin she found them in. More than once, of course, because everyone was piss drunk and couldn't remember if they had made that joke already, so it was best to err on the side of caution and make it again. Or three more times. Who was counting?

Back at home, destructive testing reveals that all of the serial numbers have been removed, save for one on the inside of the magazine well of the grip, which must have been missed. A quick search reveals that this particular pistol was registered as stolen from a Tetsuo corporate security group about two years ago and seized during a traffic stop about six months ago by a Goliath patrol in Cassini District, a long ways away.

---
Elodie

"Such a nervous little thing. Tch, I suppose I might have something for you, but you'll have to work for it. Oh yeah, I meant to tell you before we got started, your little girlfriend has been asking about where you've been. I don't know if that's a bit, or whatever, but, um... Seems kinda stalkery? Just thought you should know Ahem. Now, where were we?"

---
Rose

Evie's HUMINT work definitely helped add some realistic details to the simulations and training plan.

Some of your students who helped set up the refreshments assure you (and Elodie) that the gift bags are a big hit and that you should do that more often. The gunscythe cookie cutters Elodie got from Fretsy are a little fangirlish, but hey, they're cute. Someone getting unceremoniously yeeted into the punchbowl by surprise and breaking the folding table underneath was less appreciated, but they're used to this sort of mess by now and go about cleaning it up without too much complaining.

---
Everyone at the Rose Garden, Pre-Mission Staging

One or more of you is covered in red-flavored punch and possibly laid out in the kind of disposable-furniture debris field that would make the best pro wrestlers jealous. It's not much of a loss, honestly, because whoever made that stuff went a little hard on the electrolyte mix and it was one step short of tasting like a chalk smoothie, but actually explaining that to someone would be mean and really it was a lot easier to just pretend to drink the stuff until the surprise combat drill started.

The legwork paints a clear picture: the guns were most likely acquired from the Uhuru District Goliath Inc. station and supplied to the attackers, who were using their work armor (sans markings) to conduct the hit at the skatepark. It's not terribly clear why, however, and it's mostly circumstantial evidence, but it looks like the hard answers that you want might just be inside the run down, converted, two-story corporate strip mall.

---
Ok it looks like the final INDIVIDUAL prep totals are:
Rose: 2
Evie: 3
Omar: 2
Elodie: 1
Marie: 0? I think? Someone correct me if this is wrong.
Bluey: 3

Group Prep Pool: 15

Quick call for interaction or general spitballing before we jump into going after the hard data.

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Elodie

She blanches a little. Harriet is weird and kind of a lot and kind of has a habit of messing up her concentration at the worst possible times, but--

well.

that's a problem for later elodie.

right-now elodie's biggest concern is, well

"I'll be a good girl."

she can't exactly say no, and maybe it's a little gauche to just come right out and say Oh Gee Okay What Do You Want Me To Do when they're this deep in the scene, but she can say--

"Will it hurt?" I mean, realistically it probably won't? realistically the roughest it might get is somewhere in the neighborhood of some hopelessly niche-nerdy wlw weeb version of The New 0Day breaking a fake folding chair over someone's back. it's play-acting But Kinda Hornt.

---

her other bit of reconnaissance is maybe a little less exciting.

you can tell a lot about someone from being shot at. little things. not just the gear, but how they hold it. how they use it. posture and bearing. whether they're making it the piece that ties their OOTD together or whether it looks....scavenged. whether it's well-loved or overpreserved.

so elodie pores over the pictures, tries to look for bits of footage or pulser posts or whatever she can, tries to get a feel for whoever they're after. it's kind of soothing? so much so that she doesn't panic when someone at the Rose Garden gets thrown into a punchbowl for the who-knows-how-many-th time.

--

i had two prep from the group prep roll, but i mentioned that in chat

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 6, 2021

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Elodie

It turns out that OSINT is basically just doomscrolling but good for your anxiety, because you know that it's going make you really well prepared so you're less at risk of getting hurt when everything eventually goes sideways (because it always does) and people start shooting and your best friend is bleeding out in your arms and screaming and you totally forgot to update your will and your life insurance and the Bepisman theme song is being blasted at 140 dB straight into your ear and -

Well, it turns out that's probably not going to happen because their kit is poorly maintained and their body posture is timid; these are lowest-bidder equipped cops with bare minimum training and little motivation to take on an actually hard target. Roxie's statement about how she just ditched her guns to punch them out and take their stuff seems to make a lot more sense to you. They were probably just expecting unaware civilians, like most of the other activists that were targeted. This doesn't mean the station will be easy, but these probably aren't even people who patrol regularly.

Goliath Field Station, Uhuru

The strip mall is on an elevated platform converted from the fourth floor of several neighboring apartment blocks, the retrofitted walkways connected together by pre-fabricated metal sky bridges. The whole complex clearly has the potential to be nice, but it’s neglected, with patches of rust and peeling paint everywhere that isn’t just bare cement or signage.

The Goliath station takes up what looks to be the entire floor of one of these connected high rises, with the storefront windows blacked out and reinforced with applique metal bars. Above and below it are apartment complexes, which - based on the window arrangements - are very tightly packed, but they're only accessible from the ground floor. A quick jaunt around the perimeter (from a safe distance to avoid giving away your presence, of course) reveals that there's a clearly labeled front entrance (with an airlock style entry), a large rear service entrance, and a smaller rear door next to a designated smoke pit.

There's a tarp sign that reads GOLIATH INC. UHURU STATION in bottom text font, hung on top of a large block sign that probably reads something along the lines of Chili Jimme's Crazy Trash Emporium that they haven't quite gotten around to removing yet.

Nobody seems to be on alert and there aren't any external patrols, just a bunch of perimeter cameras. Whether they actually work or not, you're not sure, but it does look like they have wi-fi.

---

Here we go! The Goliath station is starting off with the following:

Network Level 6 (roll vs. 11) and Hostile. This is a police station network.
Security Level 6 (roll vs. 11). The place is fairly new, nothing's going on, and everyone is complacent or fatigued.

I don't think anyone was planning on some weird walk-in social infiltration scheme, so go ahead and figure out who's with who and give me some rolls for entering Stealth and Ghost. Or get buck wild and just walk in the front door if you want.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Harm 0/0 - P.Prep 3/3 - Init. XX

Not being one for making detailed plans, Bluey is pretty happy just scoping out things more inside her skillset. Spotting cameras, keeping an eye out for patrols, eyeballing the collateral damage should they need to detonate some explosives inside the the Goliath station. Which, given the packed apartments above and below, was very very high. All violence should be kept to small arms at worst. If it came to violence. Which, she guessed, was probably not what they were doing?

…right?

"So I don't wanna insult anybody, just tell me to shut the gently caress up if I got the wrong end of the stick," Bluey starts, nodding her head towards the Goliath mini-mall. "But if we're knocking on the front door I reckon it should be a job for us hard bodies here." She smirks, punching Rose in the shoulder.

Robodog fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 11, 2021

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Harm 000000 - P.Prep 2/2

It feels like punching a tank, if slightly less effective.

Rose gives the doors a long, contemplative look, "Well, if we're making a fuss out front, I can't imagine that'd leave much to get in the way of anyone sneaking in the back to find evidence." She looks back towards Omar, "If you can keep them from calling out for help, at least long enough for us to get what we need, I'd be happy to work a distraction."

Pantomiming cracking her knuckles, she adds, "Couldn't imagine it happening to a bigger bunch of assholes."

Tricky fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 10, 2021

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Brrt brrt. Elodie's phone is buzzing. Oh, look, Discourse pings...

Mother Goose's War LC posted:

ChevalierD'eclair
Grriselda coughs, braces herself against the nearby tree, and slowly slides down to her knees. She uses her sword to prop herself up in a sitting position, regarding her broken shield hand and arrow wounds with disdain. "Certainly... Not the worst I've seen," she says, her breathing growing shorter and more pained, her wolf ears folding against her head. She looks up to her sheepish principal and forces a confident, comforting smile. "I hate to ask this of you, Lady Ewelia, but... I may need a little assistance removing my armor and dressing these wounds..."

ChevalierD'eclair
((poke))

ChevalierD'eclair
((@Ewelia hey remember you said you wanted to finish up this scene around now?))

ChevalierD'eclair
((@Ewelia where are you?))

---

ok some clarifications:
- Since it looks like the plan is "we're doing GET HELP" in the front and stealth in the back, whoever is on the sneaky team at the start will roll for entering Stealth. Yes the generic Stealth specialty stacks with the Entering Stealth action specialty.
- Elodie got an Open Shard Card to borrow from TRUE DOOM MURRDERHEADS and can pass that off to whoever

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

her heart skips a beat.

ewelia posted:

i, um

i have to go to work. is it ok if i send you a post after?

sorry

petit-fourplay send tweet is DND: there's no restart but only proceed / take up from where we've left off and see

--

i'll post more in a bit? i wanna make sure i'm not stepping on anyone's toes approachwise i guess

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Marie
Harm 0/6 - Prep 0/0 wow! - Cash 3

"I can lead people in the station once, uh, Ghost does the hacking thing." Marie's using the crime name this time! "Dip in, get incriminating evidence, watch you beat up cops, it's all a good time."

She pulls out her phone, tabs out of Cinnamon Crush Saga, and pulls up the floor plans she's saved. The small rear entrance of the mall should be the way. If the active security's probably handled, it should just be an easy walk the police, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. She's had to drive out for people that have bungled even the most basic of break-ins, who then complain about every single thing that went wrong that basic prep would have accounted for. She's no scrub.

---

Marie is gonna lead the group into Stealth. She spends one Group Prep to boost this Stealth roll, a Quick + Action: Stealth vs 11 and gets a 14!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Omar Hassan
Harm 0/0 - P.Prep 2/2

Omar pulls out his cyber deck, trying to subtly see if any of the crew is impressed. "Yeah I can get into their systems. Just gimme a few minutes." He pulls up Dr. Acid and activates it. The program begins flooding various security reports with text from one of Dr. Acid's longer rants, temporarily overloading the system and allowing Omar the chance to get in undetected. It resolves the reports but stays active, ready to spam again if needed. His TOO SPOOPY program helps hides his entrance and makes it seem like he was already in the system.

He pauses, takes a breath, and then says "I'm in."

----

Spending 1 Prep to activate Ghost Protocols and 2 Prep on Memory Worm, which reduces the Network's effective level by 2 until my Ghost is gone. I also get 1 extra chance and Boost my first Hacking Action against the network

For Ghosting, I get total of 15

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Evie
P: 4 H: 0 C: 1

Evie tucks in behind Marie and Omar. She doesn't have anything clever to contribute right now, but she's ready to clobber one of the pigs if they try to hurt the kids.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Inside

Omar's slick decking has the whole network subverted in no time, with access to every camera, wireless lock, and printer in the facility at his fingertips before Marie can finish defeating the door locks. The three find themselves quietly lurking down an empty hallway, the smoke pit at their backs.

The interior is newly supplied with the cheapest in used and surplus office furniture, and a quick peek around a corner reveals that the main office space is situated right in the middle. It's fairly empty, verging on looking understaffed, and the workers look sluggish as they poke at various reports and book keeping tasks. There is a barred entryway off to the left, presumably the secure area where there are either weapons, evidence, or both.

It's a very open floor plan, unfortunately, so directly accessing the PCs or the secure area would be difficult to do without being spotted. Fortunately, the trio has...

Outside

... only the finest of Tier 1 Operators on standby, just seconds away from executing some high-speed plan that will surely distract everyone without raising suspicion.

Brrt brrt.

Mother Goose's War LC posted:

#ooc-scene-dicerolling
ChevalierD'eclair
Oh, that's fine! You're just usually very prompt. I'll go tune in to the stream.

ChevalierD'eclair
Oh, it doesn't look like it's up...

And then something very worrying pops up next to her fleur-de-lis PFP: the mobile icon.

---

Omar, Marie, and Evie have entered Stealth and Ghost and are undetected!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Evie
P: 3 H: 0 C: 1

Evie sizes up the offices, then turns to her charges. "Okay, follow me and look bored."

She marches right across the floor, cradling a waste basket someone had dumped near the door to keep it propped open on smoke breaks. Every so often she stops to tidy up a desk or empty out someones' recycling, weaving her way towards the barred-off area. She reaches the security door and gives every indication of surprise at its existence. Evie twirls around in consternation, skirts kicking up as she makes vaguely fretting noises.

When one of the guards tromps up, she claps her hands together and beams. "Oh, thank goodness someone was here today! Captain Hodgeson put in a work order to have the station cleaned up for the audit tomorrow, and my app won't pay me unless I can show I've been over 80% of the station! Can you open this for me?"

Maybe she has an implant to make her eyes glitter like that.

Boosted a Bullshit roll with personal prep, got a total of 14.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm 000000 - P.Prep 2/2

Once the infiltration team makes their way back and around, Rose fixes her shimmering anime eyes on Elodie and Bluey. She says, "So, a distraction... I'm fine starting a fight right off the back, but we might want to make a scene first. Any ideas, Elodie?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Also down to fight come what may, Bluey smiles and looks Elodie's way to listen to her no doubt great idea to kick things off.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Elodie

Elodie has ideas, alright. Ideas, and design docs, and a lore bible, and a folder full of fanart, and clearly now is the time for those ideas to blossom and become whole.

There's a weird sort of look in Elodie's eye, but not an entirely unfamiliar one to Rose? It's, you know. Getting Into Character. It's Working Herself Up. It's punch-clock meido Neil Maskell drawling out something in the neighborhood of 'have you got your cat ears on?' (*She* does. She puts the stupid doofy pastel cat-ears on over her actual bear-ears. She is committed to the bit.)

and then she hits the gas.

"Someone, help! plEASE HELp!! This SCOUNDREL IN A ST. HOLLOWS UNIFORM stole my heart and my memories and my volition and traded them away for a dakimakura of the dark queen she still holds a torch for and she's trying to bring the dark queen back to life so she can bully me and the regular police, callous and cruel as they are, just threw their hands up and said 'oh my GOD i don't speak bottom use our webform' and--and, and if some brave and upstanding soul brimming with sapphic sympathies--" she casts a long glance over at the Goliath station -- "--doesn't come to my rescue, I shall have to take matters into my own hands! Very! Loudly! And messily! Because thieves of hearts and hope don't respect any justice but the justice of fists and also breaking windows dramatically to punctuate your sentences and also other stuff!!"

I guess the sequel to our OVA is out of development hell, Rose.

---

i think i'm going to roll extreme cosplay for this? idk.

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 9, 2021

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Inside

The young detective, approached by one frantic and two bored "maids," seems to be thinking hard - perhaps about the Captain's name, or maybe if they had brought on any new contractors - until Evie speaks the anxiety-inducing A word. His eyes go wide and he immediately rushes over to the secured door, keys in a passcode (unfortunately covered by his other hand), and hits a big red button. The locks release with a deep clunk.

"Here, head in. Just hit the red button when you're coming out," he says, holding the door open by one of the bars.

And just before anyone can pass inside, a woman in a dress shirt, tie, and headset pops out of a nearby office and shouts.

"Wait!" She stares at Evie, then at the detective. "Jack, get over here, you have to check this out. There's this... Woman having a breakdown or something? Come look, quick."

He scampers off into the office and closes the door, leaving the three to their devices.

Once past a one-way-mirror door, anyone headed inside find themselves in a largely barren area with baffled metal reinforcements on all surfaces except for the roof and the ceiling. To the left is another door with a keypad labeled Evidence Locker. To the right - and immediately opposite the evidence locker - is a uniformed woman standing in a window, a sign reading Weapons Locker above it.

She raises an eyebrow, but looks at the trashcan in Evie's arms and shrugs, pointing to a large, round, plastic trashcan on wheels. "Everything's right there," she states, returning to her paperwork. "I've cleaned up everything else."

Outside

Elodie's dramatic plea for help elicits...

... Nothing? The mirrored windows don't even wiggle in response, and the front door remains unmoving. The Goliath station resembles the worst of scene partners, frozen in terror and asking loudly for their line. There are, however, a few passerbys starting to stop and stare from a distance.

---

Evie moves into the secure area, and Omar and Marie have the option to follow along! It looks like the same trick won't work twice here, unfortunately.

just need a cool+bratting (lol) roll from Elodie for this... Threaten? Yeah I guess that works since she's threatening to beat up the station basically.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm 000000 - P.Prep 2/2

There's a long, painful pause as Rose watches Elodie break into a dramatic monologue-slash-call-to-action. Part of this is decoding Elodie's unflagging dedication to chuuni rights to figure out what their play is here. A longer part is consulting the complete Rose Garden extended universe lore bible on their shared cloud storage so that she can properly contribute to this unexpected sequel to the cult classic gym advertisement. After processing complete, Rose's normal lady anime eyes flicker and transform into haughty, evil lady anime eyes. Character: established. Acting: commencing.

Rose turns up the volume on her speaker system, ensuring that their distraction is catching the attention of anyone even close to earshot, then begins to stomp menacingly towards the bearmeido, "That's right, my dearest disaster to ever lesbian! I stole everything from you and performed a transaction for the sake of merchandise! Dark, EVIL merchandise." She slams the poor girl (gently) into the wall of the police station, pinning her with the most diabolical of evil robot techniques: a thorough kabedommeing. This is probably all happening right up against a window, to the continuing fascination of Jack and the lady cop. "And you know what? I'd do it again! If there were any thoughts left in your head, I would steal them away and gift them to my lieutenant for her years of dedication to bullying poor, sweet maids."

A finger stabs backwards at Bluey. Rose does not stop, having gotten onto a bit of a roll herself, "And you've got a lot to learn if you think that these people will save you." Rose tilts her head slightly, giving the impression of a sly grin, "Because, my little bullybait bear, nobody speaks bottom. And if they do... then I suppose I'll simply have to bully them too."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Needless to say Bluey was expecting a distracting, like, from blowing something up. Or shooting out a window. Or something like that. Not like… whatever it was Elodie just starts doing. And then Rose jumps and joins in on. Left out of the look, Bluey is kinda just standing there watching for a hot second.

“"loving hell what the gently caress am I doooooooooing here……” But after a quick deep breath and tapping into her best 13 year old drama club kid, she steps up. And by step up it is more drop to her knees in utter anguish, head in her hands as she bemoans/shouts at the Goliath officers. “How can you just sit there and watch this bullying unfold?? Are an innocent young meido’s loves and dreams worth nothing to you?? Do you not have even one heart to share between all of you??”

That was good. Right? Had to be. Bluey then jumps back up to her feet and gesticulates widely at Rose. “I may not stand a chance at stopping you, no more than a snowflake’s dream of watching the midday sun rise, but somebody has to stand up against this bulllying! The heart of a maid is at stake!!!!”

Bluey dramatically rushes up to the kabedommeing android, grabbing her and whispering where an ear should be “You’re going through the window, on three.” Rose was close to the heaviest thing she had ever had to haul up, but for the sake of drama she tries to make it look easy as she powerbombs the android throught he front of the Goliath station.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Outside

At that moment, a young man in uniform steps sheepishly through the front door.

"Excuse me, ladies, but - "

He's interrupted by the cacophony of glass shattering and poorly-installed steel bars being torn from their concrete anchors as Rose is powerbombed straight through the window, thoroughly demolishing some unexpecting paperwork lackey's desk like an Eric Andre Show opening.

There are a few tense seconds as everyone in the station stares at the two, trying to process what just happened, before someone finally goes to slam the big red ALERT button. Klaxons blare, siren lights spin, and almost everybody attempts to pile into the secure area at once.

Inside

The door behind the people in the secure area bursts open, and a clown car's worth of cops stream in, crowding around the weapons locker window, yelling to be armed up. It looks like this is going to occur worryingly fast when Detective Jack rushes in, waving his arms frantically.

"Wait, stop! Do the paperwork first with each weapon that gets issued! We have an audit tomorrow, and - "

There's a lot of shouting, arguing, and pushing happening, and it seems as if the three are lost in the mix while everyone's attention is turned to the weapons locker.

---

Elodie's weird Threaten vs. the security officer worked, and Bluey has Rushed Rose through the window. There is now a large opening with which to enter the Goliath police station from the outside.

Inside the secure area, things are chaotic. Reminder that you do have the evidence locker code already and can also attempt to re-enter Stealth if desired (had to drop it for using a social infil method to walk in to this point).

We'll move forward with a sort of block initiative after everyone's next set of actions.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Marie
Harm 0/6 - Prep 0/0 - Cash 3

Subterfuge seems to be the play here. Marie does have her work uniform stashed in her vehicle, so she easily plays along with Evie's ruse as another maid. She brings the cleaning supplies! Never go into a police station without a way to wipe out fingerprints you might leave behind.

Whatever the others are doing out there seems to be working for the plan. Maybe it's working too well? She hears glasses and steel exploding??? There's tons of cops crowding on the weapons locker going for their guns now. Klaxons are blaring.

No one's looking this way, though.

"That might be the cue?" She asks, slightly unsure. "Someone got the passcode? I'm going to make sure we have a clear way out on the high chance this building collapses."

She unfolds and plops down a cone on the floor that says "CAUTION | CLEANING IN PROGRESS".

Quick + Action: Stealth vs 11 and a 9? Hmm.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm 000000 - P.Prep 2/2

Rose lets out a melodramatic "OOF!" as Bluey puts her through the window and into a desk that erupts into a comical fountain of paperwork. She milks the reaction for a moment, looking stunned, as she analyzes the interior of the station for the biggest problem that they'll have to deal with. Conclusion: the crowd fighting to get weapons from the weapon locker. Making that process break down further should buy the interior team that much more time to secure the evidence before bullets start flying.

Kipping up to her feet, Rose points a finger at Bluey, "So, you've chosen to throw your lot in with the platonic ideal of bottom brattery? I see she's not the only fool around here." Sparks begin to dance across her chassis as Maximum Overdrive protocols are engaged. "And I cannot abide a fool! Prepare yourself!"

Lightning quick, Rose shoulder tackles Bluey and begins charging her towards the weapon locker. For any with the time and space to process, it looks very much like Rose is planning to spear Bluey straight through the far wall. It's practically a spot out of Grand Cross Professional Space Wrestling!

There's a quick, synthesized whisper, "Through the crowd and into the locker. Impact in 5, 4, 3..." The android and her full-body counterpart don't slow down in the slightest as they hit the backline of increasingly panicked private security contractors and push towards the locker area proper.

---

Figuring we'll do another no-attack Rush to model the pinball action.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 10, 2021

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Secure Area

There's a loud SNAP as Rose spear tackles Bluey straight through the barred door to the secure area, shattering the locking mechanism, the two tumbling through the mirrored door and into the crowd of cops trying to arm up. There's a lot of glass flying and people shouting and someone trips over Marie's caution sign.

The code to the evidence locker works, and it looks like this was the perfect time to slip in unnoticed, but unfortunately Extreme Chuuni Wrestling has forced attention away from the weapons locker window; there are a few confused looks at the team slipping inside the evidence locker, though they're clearly too busy with more pressing matters to pursue. It might be best to work quickly. Well, more quickly.

Evidence Locker

Rows and rows of drab metal shelves fill this area, the contents on each neatly contained in clear bags with obvious identification tags on each of them. Little labels at the ends of each row of shelves have filing numbers on them. There's a computer terminal labeled Check In/Out Computer.

---

The Evie/Marie/Omar team is spotted slipping into the Evidence Locker, but there are much bigger issues to worry about and nobody's pursuing them at the moment. You have not entered Stealth but are still inside and have access to everything there for now.

There's a clear access path from the outside to the secure area now!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Omar Hassan
Harm 0/0 - P.Prep 2/2

Omar takes out his cyberdeck again and begins frantically typing, attempting to access the logs of who put what evidence where and might have taken it out as quickly as he can. Entering in information the team got from Roxie and the work from the past week, he tries to find something useful and where in the room it might be.

---

For Search, I get a 16

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

There is a version of this sequence of events where elodie turns to the camera, giddily murmurs something about how the best magicians don't spend endless hours honing particular tricks, they simply learn to get good at *misdirection*.

This is not that.

Elodie's less clever and sly and more of a beargirl-shaped panic attack herding her nervous energy a particular direction. specifically, into a row of abandoned cubicles, frantically searching for.......

[later.]

"Waitjustaminute!"

there is suddenly a frantic fuzzy-eared OL flailing frantically at the assorted officers. Now, at first you might just assume she's another panicked pencil-pusher in the mold of the one hollering about paperwork, but the more you look at her....

the skirt suit looks uniform. the harried expression looks uniform. the pastel tights and little bear-face maryjanes do not. the fluffy-collared overcoat tucked under her arm with bits of a maid uniform peeking out doesn't, either.

"I can't beLIEVE you people it's FOUR-FIFTY-FIVE ON A FRIDAY and i'm ALREADY LATE to play someone's Otakuyaki-runoff OC at a birthday party and you do thi--no! Don't touch that! Not a single grenade, not a single round, *none of it*! The gas is expired and we will get FINED and SHUT DOWN and we have an AUDIT tomorrow and--and if anything goes wrong with *that*, it's out of our paychecks! So don't you DARE fire off a single--try deescalating for a change! Honestly!"

a great put-upon sigh.

----

rolled 10 for the social stealth roll, and a 16 on the threaten. i think elodie boosted by like.....REMEMBERING THE BASICS OF playing That Kind of Character after her visit to murrderheads

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Staggering backwards with arms out wide, Bluey tries to totally-not-on-purpose knockdown down as many Goliath cops as she can manage on her way directly into the weapons locker. There are a few token efforts to shake Rose off her, but it is all just to make the show look a bit more real. A lost cause, surely, but even when your plan is something this terrible you gotta stick with it.

“Better a bottom brat than a big bully~” Hitting the locker, Bluey puts all her weight into flying backwards into it. Like when you dive off the roof to crush the mountain of beer cartons left after a doof, this thing needed to be taken out of action flattened before the more fleshy ones got sticky shocked and tear gassed.

*C R U N C H*

Yeah, that did it. And for good measure, Bluey rolls around ‘in pain’ on top of the flattened lump of metal formerly known at ‘weapons locker’ for a while.

“Well!” Bluey cries from the floor, a cool impromptu fog machine of various detonated anti-riot gasses emanating up from the locker under her. “You know what they say about fools!”

“…it takes one to know one!”

Rolled 12 vs 11 on attacking and demolishing the weapons locker

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Evidence Locker

Omar's advanced search functions get to work right away, immediately popping up with the serial number that Bluey had found; it belonged to a weapon that was involved in a cold case and ditched, and checked out of the locker by one Detective Thomas Eckert a few days before the riots. It has not been checked back in, suspiciously enough. You're able to pull off a contact phone number, but not any other personal information for the Goliath detective.

Using that as a jumping off point, the deck returns several more weapons from cold cases that were checked out around the same time. They all match the images of the guns (before Bluey took them apart) and were all similarly checked out by Detective Eckert. The row and shelf locations for other evidence from those cases are displayed, but those are likely not what you're looking for.

The deck automatically scrapes every log it can get access to. You have a name and a phone number, a big enough lead that you can pursue once you're out of here. The only way back out was the way in, and from the looks of the door shaking, it might be a little hectic.

Secure Area

Chaos reigns, and the two (now gas-masked) officers behind the weapons locker window have their fingers in the pins of their grenades when Elodie comes marching in, somehow screaming above the rest of the shouting and monologuing and sounds of destruction as Bluey goes through the door to the weapons locker. They look to each other hesitantly. She looks and sounds like someone important, and everyone else seems to be in agreement, regarding her curiously.

"Yeah, the audit!" Jack parrots Elodie, breaking the awkward silence.

"Shut up, Jack. And how are we supposed to be de-escalating the most expensive part of the station being trashed, hm? Any hints?"

"She didn't say darts or clubs," comes a muffled protest from the one with a shield.

"Quiet, just wait. Right, warnings come first, I suppose." She clicks on a megaphone and walks up to Bluey, kicking her gently on the heel as if to say go on now, git. "Please leave the secure area immediately."

---

Alright since this is some sort of stalling tactic, here's what's going on:
- The social mood is Hostile
- Combat won't start unless someone continues with a hostile move or is especially uncooperative, at which point we're moving to solid state initiative.
- Since you don't really have any supporting documentation (unless someone works something up), you don't really get any additional chances.

Omar has the data, but there's not any obvious way out of the evidence locker without everyone seeing them.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Evie makes sure Omar's got their data, then hustles him and Marie out of the evidence locker. She opens one of the drawers, tips her trashcan into it, and then lights the whole mess on fire with her brazing torch. It's a shame to take some confiscated property with the rest of the cops' dirty evidence, but it's not like anybody without lawyers on retainer was getting any of it back. Once the lockers are good and on fire, she dusts her hands off and walks calmly out of the lockup.

"Excuse me," she says brightly. "Your closet is on fire."

11 on a Placate check. Also, fire.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Oh." Marie leans towards the security door to peek at the conflagration of smoke and flame inside. "Yeah, I'm not cleaning that."

Fire sprinklers go off.

"We should probably go? Yeah? Fire exit's this way, I'm sure." She gestures at whoever is nearby that isn't panicking from the fire. Better to go with flow until they can slip away.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm 000000 - P.Prep 2/2

Standing back up and brushing stray bits of wall off of her chassis, Rose says, "Alright, the intrusion exercise is over everyone. Stand down and prepare for debrief." She jabs an accusing finger at Jack, "First and foremost, start taking notes. HQ is going to expect a full after-action report and you've just been voluntold."

It's easy enough to break things down with unwarranted authority. After all, she's an android who handles personal training for the more fleshy members of the gym. She's got to convince them she's legit somehow, right?

"The external security on this station is tragic. The walls aren't rated for any significant impact, I'm pretty sure our electronics specialist cracked your wi-fi with a half-hearted rainbow attack, and the back door was left propped open." Her finger starts pointing at one of the people in the weapons locker, "And don't get me started about the storage solutions! Properly rated lockers wouldn't crumple under that force. See that fog? You're never going to get the tang of tear gas out without fully ripping out the flooring and doing a full renovation."

Rose starts moving with purpose into the ruined office, getting closer and closer to the hole in the wall, then she turns back around and barks at the stymied set of rent-a-cops, "And put the fire out! You've got an audit tomorrow and a report due by 11:30. Get moving!"

---

That's a 12 to Bullshit the cops into thinking this was some sort of bizarre, corporate-mandated drill.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 12, 2021

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Secure Area

"Goddamnit," comes the muffled protest of one of the weapons locker guards. She picks up a nearby wireless phone, shaking her head. "Seriously, another drill so soon after the last? Fine, I'll report it to HQ..."

The rest of the cops are in a various state of confusion, looking around, some hopping up quicker than other to evacuate, or maybe try and grab a fire extinguisher.

Detective Jack starts taking notes, and is wandering out when he bumps into Elodie. "Oh, sorry!" He squints at her poorly fitted clothes, however, and there seem to be gears turning, albeit slowly.

---

Placate + more distraction + bullshit is going strong, the mood is currently Formal, but it looks like HQ is about to get called, which will raise some questions. Marie and company have a chance to slip out without anyone noticing, but the Team ECW is going to need to stick around and yell for at least a bit to prevent raising suspicions.

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 12, 2021

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Harm 0/0 - P.Prep 2/3 - Init. XX

Quick to fall in, Bluey stands up and to attention in behind Rose. Making this look in any way professional was going to be an uphill struggle, so the least she could do is continue to play her part. At least getting yelled at by loving idiots for poo poo that wasn’t even her problem was something she had literal tonnes of experience of. Should be a cakewalk compared to the maid wrestling.

“There was just recently a large civil uprising centred in this district by agitators possessing bodies at least as dangerous as ours. There was zero effort to de-escalate the situation on the exterior before the situation became critical, and your efforts to contain it after-the-fact were nothing short of pathetic.” Bluey adds after Rose, giving her similar opinion of just how lovely this office was.

Following behind Rose and trying to look as imposing as she could, Bluey looms large over the weapons locker guard picking up the wireless phone. “Report what, exactly?” Bluey leans over close to her face and slaps the phone out of her hand, taking to heart none of her anti-bullying message. “Come in HQ, urgent report here we’re still a bunch of worthless fuckups just like last week please copy.” She sneers, following Rose’s lead and pointing towards the hole they both punched through the front.

“What section in the regs reads ‘call home to mummy’ takes priority over ‘securing our drat busted-arse perimeter’ and ‘putting the loving fire out before our skin melts off’, huh!?”

spend 1 personal prep to boost roll, and get 12 on that roll to EMBARRASS Goliath people in a dressing down

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/0 - P.Prep 2/2

Omar gives a friendly wave to the officers as he follows Marie out. "Was...was that a successful run?" he murmurs to her and Evie.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

"You've got all your parts and we stuck it to the pigs," Evie says once they're out of earshot. "So yes, that's a success."

She considers the situation for a moment, watching the flames start to curl out of the vents to the side of the building. "Don't tell your parents about this," she adds.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

ohhhhhhhhhhh nonono she knows that look. she tries to lose herself in frazzled-OL-on-her-way-to-her-third-job. "Ah, s--sorry! I was changing in the washroom for my Otakuyaki weekend job and then I heard a *crash* and I just *had* to run outside and make sure anything didn't go wrong for the *audit* and--" There's a biiiiiiig labored gesture of checking the time. "Ohnoishouldreallygetgoing! They make us comp the entire job if we're late!"

"H--hey! You two!" She puts on her best mousy-little-thing-trying-to-be-Proactive look, gestures at Bluey and Rose. "You're from Quality Control, right? I have forms for you to e-sign before I go! Come on, we can do *this* outside but i *can't* be late!! Unless you want to ruin some poor teenager's birthday when they find out that Cozy Guardian Cinnamew ABANDONED THEM?"

----

14 on the BS + extreme cosplay roll, so.

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 13, 2021

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Or you can dress it up." Marie says, pondering. "Cyber-security consultant for local police station, coordinated with experts on successful drill."

The sound of steel bars and concrete collapsing behind them.

"Good job, by the way."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Outside

The little collapsing noises are fine! It's fine. The building is so heavily reinforced that the surrounding apartments should have very few issues. Speaking of which, just as Evie, Marie, and Omar clear the platform, the sound of fire alarms fill the air, and people start making their way out of the building. You're well out of sight, thankfully, and back to Marie's scooter in no time.

Inside

The gas-masked officer jumps back, startled when Bluey slaps the phone out of her hand. "We're supposed to - " She begins to protest, but abruptly stops when several of her colleagues standing behind Bluey shake their heads and wave her off frantically, desperate not to further incense the drill monitor. "Yes, ma'am. Fire to be dealt with first..."

Detective Jack, while confused, does seem sympathetic to Elodie's plight. "O - oh! Yeah, that sounds rough. Better hurry along?"

As Bluey, Elodie, and Rose make their way out - still feigning outrage at the failed drill, or anxiety that they're going to miss the birthday party - the fire alarm kicks on, along with the Goliath station's automated sprinkler systems. After a quick scan of the people exiting the building, it looks like nobody's pursuing you.

---

well i can honestly say that i did not expect this particular approach to ingress/egress but here we are, and nobody's being pursued for now because everyone's under the impression that this was a drill (that they failed) and also they need to stop the fire in the evidence locker (that's directly under someone's apartment but lol it's just a bin fire they'll be finnnneeeeee)

You have Detective Thomas Eckert's name and phone number, you'll just need a way to locate him. Since he checked out the weapons, he'll probably have some answers. You also have the scraped evidence locker logs and data, which should provide enough hard evidence to get some people thrown in jail, or at least subjected to a really annoying internal affairs investigation.

Either Search or some other roll should get you your suspect's address.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/0 - P.Prep 2/2

Still in the range of the Goliath station's system, Omar begins looking into the database of officers. Should be easy enough to search Detective Eckert, find his address, and possibly something more. Once that's done, he covers his tracks and eliminate what evidence he can of his trip into the system before disconnecting and putting away his cyberdeck. He looks at Marie's scooter, and the three of them. "Should we leave separately?"

---

Rolled a 10 on Search

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm 000000 - P.Prep 2/2

Once they're all clear of the station, Rose scoops up Elodie into a princess carry and casually keeps pace with the others as they maneuver towards the getaway scooter. It's just because those OL heels are clearly a bit uncomfy, of course, and Rose doesn't want her dear roommate-slash-director-slash-whatever-else to trip and fall and hurt herself on the way out of the job.

She says, "Well, I'd hate for this one to be late to her next appointment. Shocking, really, to think that Cozy Guardian Cinnamew might miss a birthday party." There's a moment of stark, metallic po-faced seriousness, then the anime eyes give the game away. "This was fun, huh? I haven't had to make that much of a mess in quite some time. Couldn't have happened to a more fitting group of... professionals, either."

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

a sharp little *squeak* as rose sweeps elodie off her feet.

"...."

so she's kind of blushy and flustery and maybe it takes a moment to stammer out something more substantial than "YEAH."

"....y, yeah! It would be a TRAGEDY if Cozy Guardian Cinnamew was left in the clutches of the Nofunverse--"

she nestles in, a little bit. it's kind of comfy, you know? can't hold back the giggles as they make their escape.

"....did you enjoy it? Shooting, um, The Wishes Flowers Hold In Their Hearts Part 2: Rose's Revenge?"

"....I was scared they'd figure it out, but--"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Omar’s search points towards a fourth floor apartment on the spinward side of Uhuru, a quick 10 minute drive from the Goliath station.

---

As you all arrive by whatever means you’ve secured (fitting this many people onto one scooter is frowned upon, but certainly doable), the residents of this particular apartment block seem to be going about their day, unaware of the mass chaos unfolding a few miles away. Well, unless they’re terminally online, in which case at least one of their social apps would have told them about the Goliath station fire.

But life seems normal here and there isn’t much going on. The lobby is blandly decorated, with a few holo screens showing basic apartment news and notices, and there isn’t really any serious security to speak of. It should be easy to just head up to Detective Eckert’s apartment. The hard question still remained, however: knock or no knock?

Elodie/Bluey/Rose:
The street noise is normal until you hear the very, very distinct thwip thwip thwip of supersonic projectiles impacting glass. It’s quiet and far away, but you can count six hits occurring at a very deliberate cadence. Tiny pieces of glass are falling around you, barely perceptible except for the cueing from the impacts. There were no audible gunshot sounds.