Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i mean you could but why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
because I have a hammer, and it looks like it could be adapted to the sauté-pressure-sauté pattern that I know works a treat.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

pressure cooking chicken is unnecessary

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Achmed Jones posted:

i mean you could but why

saves like half the time in exchange for annoyingness, pretty comparable results? same as any other pressure cooker thing?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you cook that poo poo in a carbon steel wok over hand-removing fire, preferably with a seasoning layer sturdy enough to repel small arms fire, god drat yall. right tool for the job

insta pot or crock would prob work but you gotta like, sizzle up the aromatics first. essential

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

No fish sauce at all?

i actually did throw in a few drops and forgot to mention. i put that poo poo in fuckin' everything now. Secret power attack: add fish sauce about halfway through if you're making marinara from scratch. gently caress yeah

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 16, 2022

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fish sauce oysters squid and 새우젓 is why kimchi is not vegetarian and it's probably not worth it in most cases to make kimchi vegetarian

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

Secret power attack: add fish sauce about halfway through if you're making marinara from scratch. gently caress yeah

Does this work with pizza sauce as well?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Does this work with pizza sauce as well?

if you would entertain adding mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese or meat to it you could also entertain adding fish sauce (or wakame as bouquet garni, if you wanna be extra about it)

kinda imagine you would entertain adding tomatoes to pizza sauce

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Also, I am disappointed that Squid switched from a Thai/Chinese/English label to an only English label.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

anchovy is a pretty common addition for a lot of tomato based sauces and it fills in the same role as fish sauce

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yea the anchovy element is a thing both in some old school rear end sicilian tomato sauces and things like caesar salads. its a great flavor just be super careful bc its one of those ok ok great awesome oh-god-its-ruined ingredients. learn the threshold

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think it's neat how a lot of compounds do that. a microscopic amount makes a lovely flavor or aroma, especially in combination with something else, but add enough to start to really notice it and it becomes disgusting.

e.g. perfumes made with whale barf or beaver poo poo. who the gently caress tried that first? but in teeny tiny amounts it works

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

yea the anchovy element is a thing both in some old school rear end sicilian tomato sauces and things like caesar salads. its a great flavor just be super careful bc its one of those ok ok great awesome oh-god-its-ruined ingredients. learn the threshold

yeah. a lot of them are extremely salty too, you can rinse them in a bowl of water to help a little. I always rinse when using them as a pizza topping.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

i think it's neat how a lot of compounds do that. a microscopic amount makes a lovely flavor or aroma, especially in combination with something else, but add enough to start to really notice it and it becomes disgusting.

e.g. perfumes made with whale barf or beaver poo poo. who the gently caress tried that first? but in teeny tiny amounts it works

I was under the impression the whale stuff is used strictly to make the perfume smell last longer and beaver anus gland juice is used as fake vanilla flavour

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

ripping rear end in sephora to make the perfumes more alluring

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i think beaver rear end is in fact raspberry flavored

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
not the beaver rear end i eat!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

i ordered a box of a dozen cans of bamboo shoots because i love them so much. i heard a nasty rumor that some people don't like them? ????

completely messed up, for some people to not like them.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

made a very average lamb shoulder tonight because I forgot to put it in early enough and had to crank the heat. i'm ashamed.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

No fish sauce at all?

I might steal this one, and even attempt to Instant Pot-ify it.
similar style of recipe i've used for instant pot here: https://pressureluckcooking.com/instant-pot-green-curry/

good recipe, you can adjust it for sodium levels etc pretty easily

there's a link to a maesri massaman curry recipe in the first line or two that's also good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

because I have a hammer, and it looks like it could be adapted to the sauté-pressure-sauté pattern that I know works a treat.

it'll take longer to get to pressure and cook than if you just simmered on the stove

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fart simpson posted:

completely messed up, for some people to not like them.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Chinese 5 spice seasoning was a life changing discovery.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
i wish i liked star anise more.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Chinese 5 spice seasoning was a life changing discovery.

that plus white pepper on popcorn is super good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Having some latin style black bean soup. Not sure what makes it latin style but it's pretty good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
had a bowl of popcorn and watched a movie

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

made a pile of curry after hiking in the canyon with little jones all day

it was good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

eating some trail mix

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i quartered a head of cabbage and put olive oil, salt, pepper, and coriander on it and roasted it for 30 mins
while that happened i marinated a bunch of chicken in soy sauce, mirin and gochujang and then stir fried that up
then i cut up an onion, some mushrooms, a zucchini and stir fried that up
and while this was all going i made a batch of rice

i am fat and happy

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i ate pizza for dinner

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

i ate pizza for dinner

ty for the "slice of life" post!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

i ate pizza for dinner

same

mystes
May 31, 2006

I made cuban sandwiches with sous vide pork shoulder.

I think the seasoning of the pork is mild enough that I could use the remainder to do banh mi sandwiches another night too.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

grilling burgs

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Look at my fish

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

nice fish!!!!

beef ribs for lunch

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

PokeJoe posted:

Look at my fish

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I grilled a bunch of marinated chicken and asparagus today and made 5lbs of Mac and cheese

it was a good day for cookin 😎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i ate a big fat steak for dinner