Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

echinopsis posted:

oh yeah I knew it wasn’t, just saw that pic a few days ago and thought it relevant to share

that chicago one does look good tho

there’s some places here that claim to do “real NY slice” and they’re ok, suppose they can’t be all that different, but I prefer my pizza to be a bit more like .. lol pizza hut I guess. good pizza hut that is, when it was chock full of hot pizza sauce, the base is spongy and greasy and the cheese is melty with a huge oily sheen. drat

pizza hut pan crust is made in a pan with oil. you heat a cast iron pan, spread some oil on it, spread the dough in the pan, and then build your sauce/toppings on that. bake it in an oven. the result is that crispy crust which is really loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
pan pizza rocks. easier to make too. i do this recipe all the time https://www.seriouseats.com/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

post hole digger posted:

pan pizza rocks. easier to make too. i do this recipe all the time https://www.seriouseats.com/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe

gonna add pizza stuff to my next grocery trip and do this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

pizza hut pan crust is made in a pan with oil. you heat a cast iron pan, spread some oil on it, spread the dough in the pan, and then build your sauce/toppings on that. bake it in an oven. the result is that crispy crust which is really loving good.

it really is

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
worked in a pizza hut, can confirm. there's at least 1/3 cup of vegetable (e: oil) in each large pan pizza

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 28, 2022

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
unggggggggg

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i've never, ever liked pizza hut. like even as a kid, just didn't do it for me idk why (though once in a rare occasion i'll really want a stuffed crust). meanwhile i'll house some domino's so it's not like it's an anti-chain thing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

you can't like, eat a chicago pizza by yourself and make it through the night

challenge accepted

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Achmed Jones posted:

challenge accepted

I think the most I was ever able to eat as a ravenous 20 year old was like 2.5 slices. of a small.

Lou’s sausage and hot peppers for lyfe

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i don't think i've ever had chicago style or st. louis style

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
st louis style is super lovely.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

garbo processed cheese with ketchup on a cracker. it fuckin sucks

it's *actually* what chicago people like to characterize ny style as

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Jonny 290 posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
so neither the hausbus nor this place had/has a light in the fridge (not burned out, just nonexistent)

i bought a $2.99 battery operated motion sensor light and some double sided tape at harbor freight last night

works perfectly. omg i can see what's in my fridge without turning on the kitchen lights

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a blessing and a curse

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i had to clean the fridge this week for my landlord inspection, so pure bless right now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:worship:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

why do you have to clean for landlord inspections? IME all they do is come in and make sure the smoke detectors work and maybe make sure the faucet isn't leaking.

never had one check the contents of my fridge. that sounds terrible.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

why do you have to clean for landlord inspections? IME all they do is come in and make sure the smoke detectors work and maybe make sure the faucet isn't leaking.

never had one check the contents of my fridge. that sounds terrible.

Jonny 290 posted:

so when i was wasted all the time my place was a dump.

the app is ACTUALLY designed for move-in-day inspections for tenants so landlords don't gently caress you on your deposit, but this company is using it for ongoing inspections so you get weird stuff like "take pics of the inside of the fridge and freezer"

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

post hole digger posted:

i've been using a similar recipe from king arthur. they have you do some stretch and folds, not sure how much it affects the end product. https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/crispy-cheesy-pan-pizza-recipe

i've been using a springform pan (with much less oil on the bottom since it leaks lol) since i don't have the right size of cast iron. have to bake it at a lower temperature since it's nonstick though

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

stretch and folds generally add structure to the dough and tighten it up. will make breads rise up more rather than spreading out. that kinda thing

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

they don’t really do anything on low hydration doughs though, where they’re mostly relied on is in really wet doughs that don’t fully form after kneading

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

just checked that recipe though and it’s only 70% hydration which isn’t really wet enough to need stretch and folds but i guess they’re trying to make it “easier” and replacing the kneading altogether with a few stretch and folds and a long rise in the fridge. id bet real money that if you made two batches and kneaded one without doing the stretch and folds, and for the other you followed the recipe as written, they’d turn out pretty much the same

e: another thing they’re used for is to incorporate a lot of fat into a dough, because fat messes with gluten formation and if you’re adding huge amounts of oil or something, it will never really get smooth and structured from kneading it almost no matter how long you knead for. this pizza dough probably doesn’t have enough fat for that to matter though

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 1, 2022

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i always incorporate a lot of fat into the dough because i'm the one kneading it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

thinking about eating some food today

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Jonny 290 posted:

worked in a pizza hut, can confirm. there's at least 1/3 cup of vegetable (e: oil) in each large pan pizza

lol, same. i still love pizza hut too, except that i hate that they got rid of the julienned ham. i believe pizza hut is to pizza what mcdonalds is to burgers - sometimes you just want that poo poo.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I defo gonna make a pan pizza in the next couple days yum

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i rearranged my kitchen, got a new shelf, and now have so much space (it is still tiny, but this is very nice progress)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i rearranged my kitchen, got a new shelf, and now have so much space (it is still tiny, but this is very nice progress)

tiny kitchen crew. i roughly tripled my storage and work space with like $300 of ikea and home depot shelves and whatnot.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i store most of my food in my coat closet :c00l:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i hate my tiny kitchen. its the smallest one ive ever had

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

tiny kitchen crew. i roughly tripled my storage and work space with like $300 of ikea and home depot shelves and whatnot.

me too but i bought a stainless steel multi layer rack

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

me too but i bought a stainless steel multi layer rack

i got mine from somebody who was moving

i bought a bunch of those J-hooks too and theyre perfect

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

i got mine from somebody who was moving

i bought a bunch of those J-hooks too and theyre perfect

i bought a pack of s hooks and hang stuff off the side. look at all this shelving

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

i bought a pack of s hooks and hang stuff off the side. look at all this shelving

fuuuuck yeah. mine actually straddles my sink

works out great bc i can just either put awkward/big things on that first shelf or hang em from hooks to drip dry

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

nice

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jonny 290 posted:

fuuuuck yeah. mine actually straddles my sink

works out great bc i can just either put awkward/big things on that first shelf or hang em from hooks to drip dry

tell me you don't have earthquakes without etc.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I do tend to avoid geographically unstable areas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pacific ring of fire supremacy