Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mystes posted:

yeah other people might disagree but imo if that's the only one you can get just use vermouth

lol

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

does that poo poo go bad? i've got an old opened bottle in my fridge, probably like a year or year and a half by now.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I just looked at mine while I was cooking [curry udon] and it’s made by the taiwan tobacco and liquor corporation, I bet those guys have great work parties

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

qirex posted:

man don’t get the shaoxing with salt in it

I mean too late I guess, other people shouldn’t buy the one with salt in it

dont worry so much about it. actual chinese cooking uses the one with salt in it all the time. hardly anyone uses the good stuff for stir fries or whatever

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i have a bottle of this stuff at home and its totally fine for cooking. it has salt and you wouldnt want to drink it plain

also chinese recipes are developed with this kind of stuff in mind

https://item.jd.com/4223990.html

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you pay less in tax for it nearly everywhere

kinda a weird inversion of the situation from prehistory till 1800s where salt was one of the main ways the state taxes peeps

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what about that woman who drank a bottle of soy sauce thinking it’d cure something and she died lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

what about that woman who drank a bottle of soy sauce thinking it’d cure something and she died lmao

that was me

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

echinopsis posted:

please don’t tell lies about soy sauce

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tbh if you can manage to drown a litre of soy sauce in two hours you deserve a super power

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

after which she became a yospos superstar

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:worship: it was u :worship:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

tbh if you can manage to drown a litre of soy sauce in two hours you deserve a super power

Wow

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

idk i think if she tried to drink a liter of soy sauce she was already braindead

mystes
May 31, 2006

i'm not sure I would be willing to consume a teaspoon of soy sauce on its own

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

Also the ALDI over the way got a stock of 'Cholula' hot sauce bottles in, regular and Chipotle versions. The latter is excellent for livening up the chicken and bacon wraps I get from there that are otherwise food-but-not-exciting, a little drizzle on each bite makes all the difference.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the hot sauce section in a british supermarket must be sad. cholula is pretty good, about the same tier as yucateca imo

valentina is one that's been getting popular around here, mainly because it's insanely cheap, like literally a dollar a bottle. I grabbed the extra hot one, it's not bad and has some other flavors besides chile, maybe a bit of tamarind

mystes
May 31, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

food-but-not-exciting

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wasn’t a fan of cholula chipotle but the OG is a nice
flavour. it’s not particularly hot but it’s yum

I am partial to tapatio

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lmbo I know multiple people who did the tapatio guy for halloween

mystes
May 31, 2006

qirex posted:

lmbo I know multiple people who did the tapatio guy for halloween
They should all go together as one multitapatio

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

qirex posted:

the hot sauce section in a british supermarket must be sad. cholula is pretty good, about the same tier as yucateca imo

valentina is one that's been getting popular around here, mainly because it's insanely cheap, like literally a dollar a bottle. I grabbed the extra hot one, it's not bad and has some other flavors besides chile, maybe a bit of tamarind

valentina is one of the big ones in mexico. basically it's mexican tapatio (and is better than tapatio imo). the black one (xxxtra hot or whatever) is good, but tbh i think i like the regular red one better

i'm kind of confused that youre comparing cholula and yucateco. but the only yucateco i've had is a habenero sauce that is very good and is marketed as extra hot or something, but it's like the opposite end of the hot sauce spectrum from cholula. but i guess their other stuff is more subdued?

im a big fan of 'salsa sinaloa' habanero sauce. you also cant go too far wrong with aardvark and beaver stuff.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
if the plural of datum is data the plural of steakumm must be steaka

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

which yosposter is this

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i like the tabasco green sauce

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

i like the tabasco green sauce

I wish they made one that was exactly the same flavor profile but hotter. it is good.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

speaking of green sauces I had some oysters yesterday topped with salsa verde and then grilled - man what a killer combo

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

that rocks

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yucateco green habanero sauce is pretty deece imo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i made my own food bad on purpose, as a joke

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

my starter arrived, very nice of them to open the tin for me!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would enjoy that

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

knox_harrington posted:

my starter arrived, very nice of them to open the tin for me!

lets goooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is miso soup good for you or just delicious