Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Bloody posted:

chopped raw white onion goes on a garbage plate. it's great

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i want to chime in to say that toasted sandwich almost looked like parmesan shavings instead of salt which would be tasty. we have a little container of some for pasta and if we over-roast some veggies and it's good either in the oven or right before serving

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Aroma: Roast Beef? Yes, Sweatsuits

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

legitimately good advice. while employee handbooks often have sections about hygiene, that's not likely specified and if it isn't an issue with other leadership, it shouldn't be an issue

there's a lot of what ifs in this, too. other job? lives over a restaurant? family member works at one? had delicious delicious chicken and fries before work?

she may already be trying to wash it out, certain food prep smells build up. my brother has his clothes from a pizza shop from over a decade ago and the shirt still smells like pizza ovens despite soaking and washing. frustrated him endlessly at the time

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Endless Mike posted:

found his problem

i was a bit surprised he still did! they were in a drawer at our parents and he found them while clearing out old stuff, still mildly oven-fresh and not deterred by the bit of cedar or whatever my dad added to the dressers

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

So yeah. Onion rings are cool and good.

those look so loving crispy :yum:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

we like helen rennie because she covers east european dishes we both had growing up but didn't make at home. she teaches cooking classes, as well, so there's also some basics videos and tutorials which are nice refreshers!

oh and orsararecipes because he reminds me a bit of my italian grandfather and cooks all the dishes that part of the family made so i can use those as a way to improvise recreations of from-memory recipes

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Oct 6, 2021

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Is it the vinegary taste? My ex found it very off-putting and would avoid buffalo things.

avoid it all you want, but it's easier to pay the toll and stay on i-90

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that homemade sauce looks real good :yum:

one of the grocery stores here sells caseless italian sausage meat that's good for frying in a pan a little, then toss in and simmer and it adds good fat flavor to the sauce

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ooo, yeah, that'd add really good flavor. i'm gonna try that the next time we get a bunch of roma tomatoes

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

chili on pasta

you run dangerously close to summoning the skyline chili beast with this configuration

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh yeah, we're going to make chili tomorrow probably since we have a bunch of ground turkey thawed and it's a bit cool out so it's perfect weather for a few days of various chili meals

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

we are on night four of spicy chili and so far we've had it:

- with yellow rice with fresh green onions
- with some leftover pasta (avoided forbidden cinci configuration)
- with a spinach dip and thin corn chips that was intended as creamed spinach because we had too much fresh spinach but not enough for cream spinach, it turns out!
- with spare tostada shells on the bottom

i think that's the pot finished but it's fall weather so it'll probably be time for more in two weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

i grew a mint plant back at the arkansas house and it escaped the bonds of the garden plot and at the end the back corner of our half acre plot was mint instead of grass

mowing was absolutely wonderful

my grandparents had chives and mint gone wild on the side of their house. nothing like going out and picking a handful for a recipe from aggressively untamed bushels fighting for a thin strip of land by the driveway