Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

mediaphage posted:

picked cherries. what to make!!

is this a loss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
eggplants are natures nards

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
round here short grain brown rice is the hardest to find

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

that looks really good but can we have a 2 minutes hate on knife blocks? they feel gross now. thinking about a magnet bar rail setup.

just make sure it can’t get bumped and has some really really good magnets

i installed one in my last place and almost immediately demoted it from “knife holder” to “tongs and ladle holder” when I discovered that shutting a certain cabinet across the kitchen would make the knives fall off the backsplash onto the countertop.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
im picturing a wall tiled in those semicircular neodymium hard drive magnets, and then that covered in knives

these could be tessellated somehow right

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Sep 1, 2021

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There is no such thing as too much ginger OP

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
walking around radiating a powerful armpit musk smell combo of onion+garlic+cumin+cheese and loving it

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

echinopsis posted:

and if you were trying to quit smoking and you met someone who reeked of cigarette smoke you’d find that endearing

you onion people are proving yourself to be a depraved bunch of people

ah, yes, the much beloved staple food ingredient of many cultural cuisines: “old cigarettes”

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

bob dobbs is dead posted:

this is the one who can't endure onions in his food?

yeah echi i think you may have a broken nose of some kind if you don’t like onions, so i am disinclined to believe they actually smell that bad.

in my honest opinion if you all aren’t paying them enough to not have two jobs you really can’t complain if they have to come right from their other job. if you expect them tov

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
this pratchett joke is what echi has to experience every day:

quote:

“We could add Englebert's Enhancer,' said the Dean. 'Remember when Modo put some on his peas? We could only manage one each!'

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
talk about sPOOgetti!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i will culturally appropriate all foods and all cuisines directly into my mouth, and i will do it without apology or hesitation.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
in a normal oven you can also put some parchment paper under the dough to keep it stretched out for a thinner crust

doesnt apply in a wood fire oven where the paper will turn to char instantly

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

ultravoices posted:

every time i see one of those ooni ovens i want to buy one, and also live in a time where i could have friend over to enjoy pizza with.

Hey I have used one of those. Some friends host an weekly event creatively named “Pizza Sunday”.

Name is pretty self explanatory but on Sunday they provide dough and basics and you bring toppings and cook your own pizza. In the before times it was usually 5-6 people making pizzas but sometimes like 10 people trying to make pizzas.

the parchment paper pizza i posted earlier was in a normal oven at 500°F on a pizza stone for 7 minutes. parchment makes it slide off the peel and helps keep the dough flat and stretched thin. a first time pizza sunday person can make an oven pizza pretty easily.

the ooni oven is a little more difficult, usually a firat timer will put the pizza together and watch someone put it in the oven. parchment paper will immediately burn in there so you have to put flour or semolina on the bottom of the dough to keep it from getting stuck on the peel, and bigger pizzas really tend to accidentally get run into the sides which is a disaster. you also have to rotate the pizza halfway thru using the peel because the flames in the gas ooni oven are only on two sides.

it makes good pizzas but it’s a lot easier to make a personal sized pizza than a big one in it and you gotta be good with the peel.

don’t try to hot dog it and slide a pizza off of parchment onto the bare stone in the ooni either:

the plus side is that it’s like 750° in there so if you DO accidentally smash some cheese onto the side or whatever it all burns off in 10 minutes.

the gas configuration is waaay easier to use than the pellet attachments.

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 25, 2022

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

The_Franz posted:

but seriously, chef wang is real good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U9ubfeRQM4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3V9Ox8EPUY

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
did someone say food chat? here’s some rando walking thru my nearby local asian supermarket, has a koi pond out front

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EhwxQTbIqo

there is a good mexican one too but i can’t find any videos of the interior.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
today i make quiche

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
for popcorn i use a big stainless sauce pan that has a sort if tapered bottom, pronounced as a wok, but similarly bowl shaped, with a convex lid for extra popping room.

toss in a tablespoon of coconut oil and melt on high, add about 3/4 cup of popping corn and put the lid on, wait for the popping and slowly back off the heat until it is all popped. no unitasker needed.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

echinopsis posted:

I still remember the night that weird kid in youth group looked at us weirdly for making bag microwave popcorn and saying let’s just make it in a pot and I was like I think I know what he means and so he did and I could barely believe my mouth and ever since that day I have made popcorn in a pot using popcorn kernels and grease and enough salt to give gengis khan hypertension and when you consider he is a skeleton at best that is a lot of salt.

in college a friend asked me “what are you doing” ehen i was peeling potatoes to make mashed potatoes and the conversation escalated to where i found out that he had only had mashed potatoes from a box of instant mashed potatoes and he had no idea you just needed, like, potatoes, at all.

said he ate it at home a lot but his mom just used the boxed powdered mix stuff.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
where do pineapple belong?

here. on pizza, the home of pineapple

🍍 + 🍕

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
not the beaver rear end i eat!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i make salmon cakes that are a similar recipe for leftover salmon (or extra smoked salmon) with some fresh dill in the mayo if i have it 👨‍🍳

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
naturally you have to get the cakes prepped the same day you run out of bagels or whatever you planned to have it with because it’s not going to make it past one night. 3:22AM you’ll find me standing in front of the open fridge eating fistfulls of smoked salmon and snorting capers up thru a $20 bill

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

your pizza is sick, you should take it to a qualified pizzacologist or a pizzaonomer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

bob dobbs is dead posted:

if its not cannibalism or endangered species you shouldnt feel that embarrassed about eating anything in public imo

what about “eating it” as in falling down on the ground and looking like a fool?

sounds pretty embarrassing to me!