Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

remember when you guys were super into sous vide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

ive only ever made creme brule with mine

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

mediaphage posted:

you can use tvp, finely chopped nuts, beans, or some combination of the above to replace the meat.

the absolute biggest thing you can do to make a good chili is to grind your chili powder fresh by buying good dried chiles and whole cumin.

bulgar wheat is good too

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

the most cooking I really do is heating up a can of soup. I’m terminally helpless

didn't you make a beef wellington fairly recently

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

few things in america can be considered authentic but this

this is authentic

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

anyway here's the "authentic" cat face joe chicken

season a four pound chicken with kosher salt and let it sit for a bit and mix two tablespoons of kosher salt with two cups of buttermilk til it dissolves. put it and the chicken in a ziploc bag and put it in the fridge for a day flipping it a couple times.

take it out and let it sit for an hour before removing it from the bag and wiping all the buttermilk off. tie the legs together and put it in a roasting pan on top of a bunch of red skin potatoes cut in half and about a half inch of salted water or stock or whatever. push it all the way to the back of a 425° oven for 20 minutes. turn it down to 400 and move it to the center but turn the whole thing 180°. cook it til its about 165 internally and then let it sit for 15 minutes covered in a sheet of foil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

i feel even "alcohol" is too broad. that's lite beer and bad whiskey